Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

James Harris could throw it from end zone to end zone.  Where did it get him?  I am being sarcastic but seriously give me a QB that has half the arm and a brain that can process the game at a quick pace.  I don't care if they have purple skin and 12 toes on each foot.  That's who I want to be my QB. 

Edited by RWJ

56 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

He took four steps and a full wind up....stop it.

Yeah he was square and he did get plenty of leg drive into it. That tweet is acting like he threw the opposite direction just with his arm and torso torque. Lance has a good arm but IMO Fields and Wilson have about the same.

Rodgers will probably cost 3 1st round draft picks considering how much competition there will likely be to land him (he doesn't have a no-trade clause from what I can find).

Is it worth it? I suppose it depends on how long you think he can play. If you think he has another good 5 years in him, sure. But what if you trade 3 1st round picks and he only gives you 2 years of good play? I don't think we should assume he'll mimic Brady and still play at a HoF level into his 40s.

Ryan I'm meh on. Outside of 1 year, he's always been a good but not elite QB IMO. I guess it depends on how much they want for him. He's a couple years younger than Rodgers so there's that. 

• Like 1

I prefer a young rookie. If Ryan has a good year; we can resign him and then draft a young kid.

It will cost to much for the Rodgers and Ryan and both players are on the backside of their careers. Watson while young, will still cost to much after he serves his suspension and do you really want to get him; after all our scandals.

I don't think Ryan can be dealt for another two years. And I don't think Rodgers would net 3 1s. Maybe 2 since he's older. Wilson would net 3. 

But you never know, some other quality vet might be available. I mean nobody thought Watson would be on the trade market this time a year ago. Maybe Winston blows up in New Orleans and is available in FA. Maybe the Broncos draft a QB but Lock has a great year making him available(a Rivers/Brees situation from many years ago). You just never know.

17 hours ago, RWJ said:

James Harris could throw it from end zone to end zone.  Where did it get him?  I am being sarcastic but seriously give me a QB that has half the arm and a brain that can process the game at a quick pace.  I don't care if they have purple skin and 12 toes on each foot.  That's who I want to be my QB. 

You just described our very own Taylor Heinicke....lol. But im not sure how many toes he has though.

Edited by Chris 44
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Love ya HigSkin and not directed towards you.  Your just the messenger but I hope this team doesn't go this direction.  Me thinks we need to groom a QB for the future and we can find the QB now.  Of course the media is going to throw out stories like this though.  LOL.

• Like 1

Nah if we don’t find one this year, and we don’t find ourselves in the top 5, I’m 100% down to acquire whatever elite disgruntled veteran is out there

Give me Wilson, Rodgers, Watson, in exchange for 2-3 1st rounders and some change

If I can get 2-3 title runs out of this defense and a QB like that, I’m pushing all the chips in 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

It would be nice to find a long term starter, one that plays 10 years or more as our starting QB.   Someone that surpasses Rypien, Thiesman, Jurgeson, Baugh; the 4 QBS who had long periods of starting for us.

I think we draft one this year.  Not necessarily in the 1st round but in the 2nd or 3rd to be groomed under Fitz for this year and possibly next.  JMO.  

49 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

It would be nice to find a long term starter, one that plays 10 years or more as our starting QB.   Someone that surpasses Rypien, Thiesman, Jurgeson, Baugh; the 4 QBS who had long periods of starting for us.

We had one but let him go because our GM couldn't be bothered to say his name right

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't think Ryan can be dealt for another two years. And I don't think Rodgers would net 3 1s. Maybe 2 since he's older. Wilson would net 3. 

But you never know, some other quality vet might be available. I mean nobody thought Watson would be on the trade market this time a year ago. Maybe Winston blows up in New Orleans and is available in FA. Maybe the Broncos draft a QB but Lock has a great year making him available(a Rivers/Brees situation from many years ago). You just never know.

RE: Rodgers...I dunno. I think it depends on how well he plays this coming season. If he has another great season then he could net 3 1sts I think. Also remember that he doesn't have a no-trade clause, meaning that GB can shop him to whoever they want and let people bid against each other. If they have upwards of 10 teams interested then they could potentially drive the price through the roof. 

Agree that even with his no-trade clause, Wilson would probably still net 3 1sts.

If Winston blows up in NO I don't see how they let him walk.