Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for 2021???


Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

226 members have voted

  1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

    • Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

    • Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
      0
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
      0
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
      0


Recommended Posts

Alex is a warrior, a class act, and an all around great dude. I wish him luck in all the things he does after he retires from the NFL.

 

As for the remainder of his playing career, may the winds take him to Philadelphia or Dallas, as their starter.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

 

As for the remainder of his playing career, may the winds take him to Philadelphia or Dallas, as their starter.

So you are hoping he ends up on the meat of a Chase-Montez sandwich sending him into retirement? ;) 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is Smith lands in Chicago. People are saying Jacksonville but they're gonna draft and start Lawrence from day one and Smith is gonna wanna go somewhere where he can potentially start.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Fitz got done over in Miami, benched to save paying him incentive money that he would have easily attained.

If we get Fitz we will be one of the most exciting teams in the league....assuming we shore up WR and continue to make the defense better. He will make Gibson even more dangerous too because defenses will have to respect our passing game. I would prioritize getting Fitz and offer him a shot at the starting job in competition with Heiny and Allen. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like Mariota would want a chance to start and get paid accordingly. I thought they were going with Hurts as their starter.

With WFT the starter role is nont being handed to anyone with a probable 3 way battle brewing. If he couldn't beat out 2 UDFA then he doesn't deserve the contract he expects. That should be an incentive in a WFT contract with him...

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Seems like Mariota would want a chance to start and get paid accordingly. I thought they were going with Hurts as their starter.

With WFT the starter role is nont being handed to anyone with a probable 3 way battle brewing. If he couldn't beat out 2 UDFA then he doesn't deserve the contract he expects. That should be an incentive in a WFT contract with him...

Believe it or not there is a lot of speculation here on Philly sports talk radio from the beat reporters that the Eagles are seriously considering drafting a QB either sitting at #6 pick or moving up in the draft.....I'm not sure the Eagles have any clue what direction they're gonna go in. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Believe it or not there is a lot of speculation here on Philly sports talk radio from the beat reporters that the Eagles are seriously considering drafting a QB either sitting at #6 pick or moving up in the draft.....I'm not sure the Eagles have any clue what direction they're gonna go in. 

 

I believe it I posted articles making the same point in recent days. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, samy316 said:

 We need to upgrade at QB, or draft a QB if we want to have a chance at getting top tier offensive players this offseason.

 

Unless you have the 1st or 2nd pick and you can practically guarantee a guy, the draft wont help you in that regard. Impact FA players will be long gone by the time the draft rolls around.

 

If you want to look at the top shelf of offensive talent, we will need to make a trade for a QB or pick one up very early in FA. Otherwise we will be bargain bin shopping on O.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Believe it or not there is a lot of speculation here on Philly sports talk radio from the beat reporters that the Eagles are seriously considering drafting a QB either sitting at #6 pick or moving up in the draft.....I'm not sure the Eagles have any clue what direction they're gonna go in. 

I have read some on this, which is why Mariota doesn't really make sense in Philly. Either they go at a top draft pick or they stick with Hurts.

They seem conflicted regrading Hurts even though they got rid of Wentz .They are a mess. What I saw of Hurts leads me to think he deserves a chance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Is it too late to sign, the Washington GOAT ; the undefeated Ed Rubbert ?

 

 

 

You could combine all the best parts of all 4 QBs and still not have a QB I would trust.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I have read some on this, which is why Mariota doesn't really make sense in Philly. Either they go at a top draft pick or they stick with Hurts.

They seem conflicted regrading Hurts even though they got rid of Wentz .They are a mess. What I saw of Hurts leads me to think he deserves a chance.

I agree, he absolutely does, although I think the "elephant in the room" is that Hurts is terribly inaccurate as a passer at this point in his career. Given enough film on him defenses are gonna try and exploit that weakness...if it remains one. Hurts is gonna be an interesting player to see how his career plays out.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I would prefer Newman. But wouldnt blow a gasket if we end up with Mond. 

I agree, I like Newman better too. At this point they are the only two interesting mid rounders with a lot of upside potential. 

I have enjoyed watching @Thinking Skinsincreased build up in interest.

So much fun analytics on these guys have been great to see presented.

 

Edited by DWinzit
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would the WFT draft a QB in the mid rounds for?  They will get one in the 1st round if they don't sign a vet with potential, IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Noone can light a campbell, to this guy's skills.

I hope our new QB is able to do this

 

 

 

Taylor Heinicke: "My accuracy is deadly"

 

*throws a football at a 747 35,000 feet in the air causing it to explode*

 

Taylor Heinicke: "Pick me."

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...