Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for 2021???


Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

226 members have voted

  1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

    • Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

    • Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
      0
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
      0
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
      0


Recommended Posts

Let’s Go Washington!!
Pull the rabbit out of the hat, and make one of these blockbusters happen...poof! We aren’t on anyone’s lists, we are the girl who’s ready to dance with seemingly no partner.. Let’s show the world we got the moves and we put out too! Lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If Watson is traded, Carolina, the Jets, and Miami have much better offers than we will have.  They have the higher picks.  I figure Carolina will give The Godfather offer (Derrick Brown+three #1s plus #2)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

If Watson is traded, Carolina, the Jets, and Miami have much better offers than we will have.  They have the higher picks.  I figure Carolina will give The Godfather offer (Derrick Brown+three #1s plus #2)

They'll need to send Brian Burns, he'll be a 12+ sack a year guy soon. But yeah, we honestly don't stand a chance lol. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

 

 

I used to be a much bigger baseball than football fan, now its reversed.  The danger with baseball seems to be threefold IMO:

 

A. the biggest audience for it by far is older white males.  It's struggiling with younger fans.  

B.  It does decently as for local ratings per teams but its not much of a national TV draw the way it once was

C.  Seems like viewers have more options and arguably shorter attention spans as for entertainment -- baseball is really a long burn, slow game compared to other sports, and IMO you got to really follow it closely to enjoy the context of the game. 

 

 

 

 

 

3 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

 

Every study of ratings, attendance, and general interest is opposite you, but you're entitled to that opinion.  Baseball just isn't entertaining enough to recapture king of sports status though.

 

Your 2nd paragraph is the likely outcome.  More team-transient fans who are fans of the sport and less diehard to a particular team.


Oh for sure, completely speculative and a long ways away if ever. Baseball is a distant 3rd right now in America. I’m not a baseball guy at all myself, but can appreciate process of it and that it’s one of those sports you don’t need to be a freak. 
 

I suppose football can stay on top forever? 

Edited by wit33
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GothSkinsFan said:

If you have a QB like Wilson, why wouldn't you want his input on the offense?  I'd sit down and design it with him if i were the OC.

Also, WTF happened with Tua?  Now he's a bust?  With QB the crapshoot that it is (e.g. Darnold, Mariota, et effing al) and salary cap issues being the tail that wags the dog, trading up for a QB (or anyone, really) will, in a few years, cost you (and set you back) bigtime.  If you want to win consistently in the National Salarycapfootball League, spend $$$ on a scouting dept., trade out of the first round altogether, acquire lots of lesser-round picks, and stock up on guys who really love playing football.  Once you've got your nucleus ("40 men together can't lose"), wisely make some big FA signings and/or trade for disgruntled stars on dysfunctional teams.

 

 

Literally zero NFL teams agree with you. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good, that is the kind of thing I want to see with the Watson situation.

 

Slowly inching towards the inevitable. All while Watson is doing next to nothing in regards to cranking up the heat.

 

There is so much room for this to build, and the pressure is already outstanding as it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Good, that is the kind of thing I want to see with the Watson situation.

 

Slowly inching towards the inevitable. All while Watson is doing next to nothing in regards to cranking up the heat.

 

There is so much room for this to build, and the pressure is already outstanding as it is.

What a wild offseason so far, it would be a shame if we don't improve the QB position for the 2021 season. To me, Watson is absolutely gone. We'll see him in a different uniform next season, Russell on the other hand I feel like could be using the Deshaun Watson situation as leverage. Interestingly enough, we have the 3rd best odds of getting Russell Wilson at 8/1. The Raiders are 4/1, Dolphins are 7/1 odds. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

What a wild offseason so far, it would be a shame if we don't improve the QB position for the 2021 season. To me, Watson is absolutely gone. We'll see him in a different uniform next season, Russell on the other hand I feel like could be using the Deshaun Watson situation as leverage. Interestingly enough, we have the 3rd best odds of getting Russell Wilson at 8/1. The Raiders are 4/1, Dolphins are 7/1 odds. 

 

The funniest part is that for all the wild rumors and trade talks, there's only been one trade so far.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

 

Ran it again, and he went R2. I like this one better anyway ...

 

image.png.8fc1afe8ebc899831c66129329677082.png

I pretty much like this one also. For the most part, you hit the needs with quality personnel and in the right order. I particularly like Eskridge. We would expect him to be a solid slot receiver and return specialist. However, I do question your choice of Newman. I would much rather see that draft position traded for Mariota. I don't see Newman as a particularly good addition to the QB room.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have the 3rd best odds at Russell Wilson (however they actually determine this, who the hell knows). Our package just doesn't compare. Dolphins can send #3, Raiders can send a starter back, Cowboys can also send a starter back to Seattle. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

We have the 3rd best odds at Russell Wilson (however they actually determine this, who the hell knows). Our package just doesn't compare. Dolphins can send #3, Raiders can send a starter back, Cowboys can also send a starter back to Seattle. 

 

Apparently Wilson has already provided a list of places he'd agree to be traded to, and we're not on it. Raiders and Dolphins are on it though, IIRC. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

 

The funniest part is that for all the wild rumors and trade talks, there's only been one trade so far.

The Rams completely shattered the trade market, it feels like everyone's waiting on the dust to settle after that trade. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

 

Apparently Wilson has already provided a list of places he'd agree to be traded to, and we're not on it. Raiders and Dolphins are on it though, IIRC. 

I figured we would be on it because of the DC connection, we still need a few more levels of functional football I think before players want to start coming here. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

We have the 3rd best odds at Russell Wilson (however they actually determine this, who the hell knows). Our package just doesn't compare. Dolphins can send #3, Raiders can send a starter back, Cowboys can also send a starter back to Seattle. 

The question is, “Would you be willing to ship them Heinicke straight up for Wilson?” 
 

I’m not sure that would be very palatable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, moondog said:

The question is, “Would you be willing to ship them Heinicke straight up for Wilson?” 
 

I’m not sure that would be very palatable. 

Beer Man too good

8 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

@Burgundy Yoda Miami being able to send #3 and Tua would be enticing. Now, if Seattle doesn’t want Tua, maybe #3 and 18 and then a Miami can try and trade Tua. A little 3-way action. 
 

Seattle gets 3, 19, 36 ... Miami gets Wilson. Washington gets Tua

Tua is intriguing, I hope our team would do some digging before committing a 1st round pick to him though. There's something odd about Miami already wanting to move on from him after a relatively decent rookie season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, mistertim said:

 

Literally zero NFL teams agree with you. 

I can't dispute that at all.  In fact, you are absolutely right.

 

There are 32 NFL teams.  Subtract from that the teams in salary cap hell, have a history of managerial dysfunctionality, have a history of overreaching for draft prospects, have a history of overpaying free agents, and those who manage to scrape into the playoffs on a 1-and-done every few years.  The result is a number slightly greater than the number of teams that agree with me.  Couldn't hurt to try something different.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps mediating multi-team trades using a neutral mediator who keeps things secret would be a good way of improving NFL trades.  After all, the league has an interest in a higher-quality product across the board, not in lopsided trades or trades that should be made but aren't.  Happens a lot in multi-party litigation.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...