Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

If I was the panthers I'd want to get rid of a massive contract at the most expendable position for a player coming off multiple injuries too.

Unless Hou just wants to sell tickets, which they may/may not even be able to do during covid, they would have zero interest in CMC.

Your going to have to get off of a player at a more premier position group than RB to get Watson.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

He did this while playing for Philban and Gase. Interceptions are heavy downgrades to OB ratings but are often something that can be fixed if you have the tools to put stress on
DBs.

Ah. The OL’ “solely responsible for the good, pass the buck for the bad” defense.

18 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

If I was the panthers I'd want to get rid of a massive contract at the most expendable position for a player coming off multiple injuries too.

Unless Hou just wants to sell tickets, which they may/may not even be able to do during covid, they would have zero interest in CMC.

Your going to have to get off of a player at a more premier position group than RB to get Watson.

You forgot to consider that they're the dumbest franchise in the league.

Have to admit, I find the Mariota stuff really bizarre. We are YEARS removed from Mariota completing a season that was successful, like lots of years. There's a reason the Titans let him go w/o a second thought and it's not because they thought he was a really valuable asset. I wish he was better as I wasted way too much draft capital on him a few years ago in a start up, but regardless, it is what it is, after showing growth early on in '15-'16, he tailed off badly and other than some halfway interesting raw # data w/o actual quality results (looks like maybe stat padding in the 4th quarter) of early '19, he's basically been awful for four years. I flat out don't understand this. It seems like dumpster diving in Darnold vein, but w/even fewer pieces of exculpatory evidence (he did have Corey Davis, AJ Brown, Jonnu Smith, and Derek Henry after all, while Darnold had squat). 

It's one thing to pay a few nickles for Mariota as a theoretical backup w/starter in a pinch upside as a bridge if necessary, but as a solution it makes no sense whatsoever to the QB issue. Just mroe of the same, patching over gaping flaws guaranteed to sink the ship. Just bizarre to me. As depth? Okay, as an asset? No chance. They'd have to give me a pick to take his contract on, no chance would I trade anything. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

Have to admit, I find the Mariota stuff really bizarre. We are YEARS removed from Mariota completing a season that was successful, like lots of years. There's a reason the Titans let him go w/o a second thought and it's not because they thought he was a really valuable asset. I wish he was better as I wasted way too much draft capital on him a few years ago in a start up, but regardless, it is what it is, after showing growth early on in '15-'16, he tailed off badly and other than some halfway interesting raw # data w/o actual quality results (looks like maybe stat padding in the 4th quarter) of early '19, he's basically been awful for four years. I flat out don't understand this. It seems like dumpster diving in Darnold vein, but w/even fewer pieces of exculpatory evidence (he did have Corey Davis, AJ Brown, Jonnu Smith, and Derek Henry after all, while Darnold had squat). 

It's one thing to pay a few nickles for Mariota as a theoretical backup w/starter in a pinch upside as a bridge if necessary, but as a solution it makes no sense whatsoever to the QB issue. Just mroe of the same, patching over gaping flaws guaranteed to sink the ship. Just bizarre to me. As depth? Okay, as an asset? No chance. They'd have to give me a pick to take his contract on, no chance would I trade anything. 

But did you SEE that one game he played as a Raider???

I'm completely with you but the argument for him seems to be that he had a solid season 5 years ago and played well in his only game in Vegas.

I don't know what to think of the F.O. at this point if this is what they're thinking, I'm also skeptical of nepotism picks. What is a polian kid doing getting a major gig with us. I sure hope his CV deserves such respect because last time I checked, Jacksonville totally imploded (I give them credit with landing DJ Chark, Laviska Shenault, James Robinson, and Josh Oliver (we'll see) with picks outside of round 1 across the board. Damn impressive when you can build up a nice collection of playmakers for Trevor Lawrence before he arrives w/o having had to use a single first round pick but I don't know his role in any of this. I will say the one thing I liked what Jville did when they imploded was basically spend 3 years going from a contender to a total s show, land the best QB prospect in a decade, build up the talent base for him in terms of playmakers, all while still sucking. Don't think their OL is where it needs to be which could be a catastrophe though. Needless to say, I'm jealous. We sucked infinitely worse than Jville the entire time they collapsed since having that elite D a few years ago, and yet they're getting Lawrence while all we got for our trouble was Haskins destroying his own career lol. 

Frustrating being a redskins/WFT fan/victim

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Consigliere said:

I don't know what to think of the F.O. at this point if this is what they're thinking, I'm also skeptical of nepotism picks. What is a polian kid doing getting a major gig with us. I sure hope his CV deserves such respect because last time I checked, Jacksonville totally imploded (I give them credit with landing DJ Chark, Laviska Shenault, James Robinson, and Josh Oliver (we'll see) with picks outside of round 1 across the board. Damn impressive when you can build up a nice collection of playmakers for Trevor Lawrence before he arrives w/o having had to use a single first round pick but I don't know his role in any of this. I will say the one thing I liked what Jville did when they imploded was basically spend 3 years going from a contender to a total s show, land the best QB prospect in a decade, build up the talent base for him in terms of playmakers, all while still sucking. Don't think their OL is where it needs to be which could be a catastrophe though. Needless to say, I'm jealous. We sucked infinitely worse than Jville the entire time they collapsed since having that elite D a few years ago, and yet they're getting Lawrence while all we got for our trouble was Haskins destroying his own career lol. 

Frustrating being a redskins/WFT fan/victim

The word is Tom Coughlin completely poisoned that talented Jags team.  Not to mention they were winning with Blake Bortles at the helm, which was always a mirage.  Once the lost a couple key defensive pieces it unraveled quickly.

I'm not trying to hype Polian, am actually neutral on his hire, but most lay the blame at Coughlin's feet.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Watson isn’t going nowhere in 2021. It doesn’t matter what teams offer. Houston doesn’t want him to leave; so they will call his bluff. Watson will have to come in and play, sit out the season or retire.

Most likely, he sits out the season and is traded next year.

Lol that's not how this works.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Consigliere said:

Teams are desperate and QB play is the most important aspect of the game. Seeing players like Tannehill excel with a change is scenery, teams thinks the can emulate that. 

Edited by heyholetsgogrant

22 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Saw a note that said no quarterback that accounts for 13% or more of their team’s cap has ever won a Super Bowl. I didn’t fact check it but that’s interesting.

Not much of a stat if true, most QBs don't cost that much (13%).

Last year only 3 QBs even qualified to be more than 13% of their teams roster. (Prescott, Wilson and Goff) That is not a threshold that is commonly hit as most QBs get extensions to push back the big cap hit before they reach it.

A lot of QBs are slated for big money this year, but we will see how many of those hold after we have an established Cap and everyone gets their deals reworked to compensate (Ben, Aaron, ect.)

• Like 2

On Local am sports talk I heard there are some people who think the Steelers will move on from Big Ben even if he wants to rework his deal and make it super team friendly.

Just throwing it out there..

he finished 2020 w/ 33 TD’s and 10 ints

here is an article on why they may move on.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/stillcurtain.com/2021/02/04/3-reasons-steelers-roethlisberger-back/amp/

Edited by COWBOY-KILLA-

4 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

On Local am sports talk I heard there are some people who think the Steelers will move on from Big Ben even if he wants to rework his deal and make it super team friendly.

Just throwing it out there..

he finished 2020 w/ 33 TD’s and 10 ints

Typically I'd be totally against this given that Big Ben will be 39 when the season starts but I'm honestly for a 1 to 2 year rental after watching Rivers and Brady have success still with other teams at that age and older. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

47 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Typically I'd be totally against this given that Big Ben will be 39 when the season starts but I'm honestly for a 1 to 2 year rental after watching Rivers and Brady have success still with other teams at that age and older. 

Just sharing the info, not advocating for anything.  Thought it was interesting.
And yeah I’d sign him and see what he can do in the NFC. Even though he looked pretty bad towards the end of the season. But I hadn’t seen his named mentioned in here and thought I’d point it out as a potential possibility.