Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

Dak hasn't proven he can carry a flawed roster. Dallas was still a losing team with him as their starter, so how could he possibly be worth like 22% of their cap? Only sign transcendent QBs to deals like that, the ones you couldn't fathom replacing. Before the Stafford trade, he was maybe the 3rd best QB on the market. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Wilson being a fan is reason enough to trade the farm 😀

No thanks.....he said go hawks and got paid a **** ton of money. So much so that they no longer have the ability to have a supporting cast to protect him. So his response is to say I want out because I've been sacked 400 times? 

Edited by tmandoug1

My friends who are Cowboy fans absolutely don’t want to pay Dak. Their nightmare is they offer the FT again with the plan to sign and trade and nobody will trade for him and they get stuck with a 37 million dollar Dak.  I think Dak is very serviceable on a good team, but he is not the guy to carry a team.  He is definitely not someone we should be interested in in that rent district.  Dallas has a problem.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

that tweet below, disagree with some of it especially the Trask part but Zach Wilson's uncle owns Jet Blue?  wow, I didn't know that. 

Yeah the ‘talented but rich kid’ line was slighted against him a while back because of that. Interesting order in that list. 

4 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Yeah the ‘talented but rich kid’ line was slighted against him a while back because of that. Interesting order in that list. 

I knew about the rich kid part, I missed the Jet Blue apsect of it though.  It's my favorite airline, heck i even got a Jet Blue credit card.  That's it for me now I am in full Zach Wilson man crush mode.  :ols:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

that tweet below, disagree with some of it especially the Trask part but Zach Wilson's uncle owns Jet Blue?  wow, I didn't know that. 

WHat does his dad being rich have to do with anything unless he has had locker-room issues being an ass. I am not as tuned is as I once was but I have not heard anything like that. There "journalists" need to just report who is there and stick to football unless they have proof they are willing to share. 

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Are you talking Watson or Wilson?

Wilson, but I think Watson is in the same category just different causes. Didn't Watson sign his deal after Hopkins left? I realize the McNair Easterby thing may be justification for Watson.....that is a total **** show and I hope the NFL FO steps in.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I knew about the rich kid part, I missed the Jet Blue apsect of it though.  It's my favorite airline, heck i even got a Jet Blue credit card.  That's it for me now I am in full Zach Wilson man crush mode.  :ols:

Wow, I hate Jet Blue lol. Would rather drive than fly them. You must do a munch of short flights. I know they are cheap but the few times i flew them was extraordinarily bad. Only ones worse are Spirit Airline and German Wings.  Shows there are all different needs. Glad they work for you. I just can't stand them. 

None of that matters to me in terms of the QB for this team. Not sure why they felt compelled to add that. 

5 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Wow, I hate Jet Blue lol. Would rather drive than fly them. You must do a munch of short flights. I know they are cheap but the few times i flew them was extraordinarily bad. Only ones worse are Spirit Airline and German Wings.  Shows there are all different needs. Glad they work for you. I just can't stand them. 

None of that matters to me in terms of the QB for this team. Not sure why they felt compelled to add that. 

I am with you on Spirit.  For Jet Blue, I disagree but to each their own, its about the extra leg room and TVs.   The airlines often wins or is top 5 in customer awards so I know its not just me liking them.

But bringing this back to Zach Wilson.  Alas, I think we have no shot at him so the Jet Blue stuff ends up immaterial.  😀

Edited by Skinsinparadise

The idea of adding Lance (or another inexperience qb like Newman) to a qb room with Heinicke and Allen is pretty interesting.  You’ve got two guys familiar with the system, but both could use plenty of reps since they’ve been mostly taking backup snaps (not to mention getting comfortable with the personnel).  Then a rookie that probably isn’t ready to start and needs all the reps he can get.  Of course, there’s also Alex Smith.  If he returns - maybe not a bad idea as he could take fewer reps, and given the injury concerns (including the chance Allen isn’t ready by TC) - you have another layer of nuance.

If I were RR in that scenario, I’d look hard at the idea of uptempo practices.  I recall reading that you can add another 50% of snaps in an NFL practice that way. 

7 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Wilson, but I think Watson is in the same category just different causes. Didn't Watson sign his deal after Hopkins left? I realize the McNair Easterby thing may be justification for Watson.....that is a total **** show and I hope the NFL FO steps in.

OK what threw me off was you were responding to a tweet that was about Watson. 

14 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

Russell Wilson is SEVEN years older than Watson and will cost nearly as much if not the same.

If you go hard for one its Watson by a mile.

Russell Wilson has never had a losing season in the NFL and has won a Super Bowl. Would I prefer Watson due to age? Probably. But not by a mile. I would take either in a heartbeat. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

Wow I'm looking at this and Trey Lance's stats are eerily similar to Cam Newton's. Cam ran more and had more TDs, but wow. 

Atts : Cam - 292, Trey - 288

Comp % : Cam - 54.4, Trey - 67

Yards per att: Cam: 10, Trey - 9.7

TDs: Cam - 30. Trey - 28

Ints: Cam - 7, Trey - 0

Rush Atts: Cam - 285, Trey - 177

Yards Per Carry: Cam - 5.6, Trey - 6.7

Rush TDs - Cam: 25, Trey - 16

And like I said earlier Trey Lance compares best to some of the more athletic QBs with Cam, Vick and Murray being the top three results. That's a nice thing to think about. 

Cam was 6'5 250 on draft day. Lance is 6'4 220. That is the major difference. Cam was a physical monster coming into the NFL. 

And here are RG3's stats from his last college season. Another incredible athletic college QB that ended up busting because he was "only" 6-2 220.

Atts: 402

Comp% 72.4

Yards per att: 11.8

TD's: 37

Ints: 6

Rush atts: 179

YPC: 3.9

Rush TD's: 10

If RG3 had been Cam's size he would have been one of the best QB prospects in history. But because he was only 220 pounds and somewhat lanky he got injured and the rest is history. That is not as big of problem for Lance. He has a decent frame to add mass. But how would that effect his athleticism? 

My other concern about Lance is that he was a given a single game this season against a nobody opponent to "showcase" his talent for the draft and struggled. There are some bust red flags all over the place for him. And giving up 2 first rounders for him would be a monumental mistake IMO. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Cam was 6'5 250 on draft day. Lance is 6'4 220. That is the major difference. Cam was a physical monster coming into the NFL. 

And here are RG3's stats from his last college season. Another incredible athletic college QB that ended up busting because he was "only" 6-2 220.

Atts: 402

Comp% 72.4

Yards per att: 11.8

TD's: 37

Ints: 6

Rush atts: 179

YPC: 3.9

Rush TD's: 10

If RG3 had been Cam's size he would have been one of the best QB prospects in history. But because he was only 220 pounds and somewhat lanky he got injured and the rest is history. That is not as big of problem for Lance. He has a decent frame to add mass. But how would that effect his athleticism? 

My other concern about Lance is that he was a given a single game this season against a nobody opponent to "showcase" his talent for the draft and struggled. There are some bust red flags all over the place for him. And giving up 2 first rounders for him would be a monumental mistake IMO. 

Thats a good pull. I was looking into the size of QBs, but decided to look at the conferences first. The height and weight is an important aspect, but I still lean on the idea that just like RG3 and Cam, Lance could do well as a rookie who is athletic and can run. But if he doesn't also focus on the finer parts of throwing a football, he will have some problems as defenses adapt to his running. I haven't done the video analysis of his game though so I can't say where the flaws in his throwing game. Others have and can comment on it. But every young QB has flaws and things they need to fix up and that's always been my worry with him. 

The other thing about RG3's stats, and I'm not sure about how important this is because we saw how he played as a pro and what his problems were, but RG3 had way more attempts at QB than Lance. (1192 vs 288). But RG3 wasn't a good pocket passer when he came into the league. What we also hear about Lance is his mind and his study habits. I like this, but pre-2012 draft I remember hearing so many things about RG3 as well (his intelligence, his quotes, him graduating early). Given this wasn't film based stuff, but everybody thought he had the mind to succeed and it didn't work out. 

• Like 1