Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree that's way too steep.  Maybe we cool our Jets and go a 2nd rounder and Ionnaidis for Colt McCoy?   Colt looked good against Seattle. 

You're a dick :ols:  I like Carr but he's no Darnold. 

2 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Thanks man..that helped me off the ledge.

Don't let them get to you kid. Everyone is worked up right now. It's wild.

Edited by Koolblue13
  • Haha 2

I am not obviously giving up two first rounders for Carr, heck I didn't even want to give that much up for Stafford.  But if Carr being traded is wrapped up in Watson that seems like a stretch that he becomes available for two reasons.

1.  Maybe the Texans want Carr in that trade if it happens.  I know they had a dance with a different Carr years back but you'd figure they might want a QB.

2.  I don't see how the Raiders outbid the Jets and Miami for Watson and we still don't know if Watson hits the market. 

I like Carr. He’s a really good option if the price was a 2nd or a 2nd and future conditional pick. Maybe even a 1st this year if you really like him. But two 1’s seems really rich. But maybe someone like Indy or Chicago moves at that price. Idk. but sounds like Vegas wouldn’t move Carr unless it got them ammo to either get Watson or trade up for a QB. Can’t see them moving him for low capital 

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am not obviously giving up two first rounders for Carr, heck I didn't even want to give that much up for Stafford.  But if Carr being traded is wrapped up in Watson that seems like a stretch that he becomes available for two reasons.

1.  Maybe the Texans want Carr in that trade if it happens.  I know they had a dance with a different Carr years back but you'd figure they might want a QB.

2.  I don't see how the Raiders outbid the Jets and Miami for Watson and we still don't know if Watson hits the market. 

Like I said earlier, if Ron & Co valued Stafford at a 1st and 3rd, they have to value Carr somewhat similarly. Carr is around the #15 best QB in the league and Stafford is like #11. They are not that far apart, and Carr is 3-4 years younger and I think healthier, too. 

I do think it's funny how much incoming I took on here for saying I could stomach a 1st and 3rd for Carr and now there's an article setting the price at two 1st's lol. Even I didn't go nearly that high!

Edited by CapsSkins

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

That's a great trade in a normal year, but there's a frenzy for a QB. It's wild man. 

Personally my limit is one first rounder for Carr.  But that's it.  It wouldn't surprise me if there are multiple suitors for Carr and they get a first rounder but I'd be stunned if they get two first rounders from any team. 

If the Junkies are right and this FO likes Carr, then I gather we might have a couple of weeks of torture type rumors like we just went though for Stafford. 

My bet right right now is the Panthers get him if he hits the market.  They seem to be willing to trade their first and their first round pick trumps most potential suitors. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My guess would be they would trade Carr for two 1s regardless. They may want to package those picks for Watson, but if they can't get him, they'd still be happy with the Carr part of the deal.

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

Like I said earlier, if Ron & Co valued Stafford at a 1st and 3rd, they have to value Carr somewhat similarly. Carr is around the #15 best QB in the league and Stafford is like #11. They are not that far apart, and Carr is 3-4 years younger and I think healthier, too. 

I like Carr from what I've seen but i am more of a Stafford guy.  Carr is younger that's true.    I am an easy mark though this off season with Ron.  i am giving him full benefit of the doubt.  So in the end i am not going to complain about anything they do.  Maybe just a little though if they trade for Darnold.   :ols:

Bottom line is i am not going to root against Rivera in the off season.  I want whatever he wants.  Simple as that. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

My guess would be they would trade Carr for two 1s regardless. They may want to package those picks for Watson, but if they can't get him, they'd still be happy with the Carr part of the deal.

Agree if they get two first rounders.  But that's really hard for me to believe that it goes down.  But I guess you never know. 

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Matt Ryan and Julio Jones are "not going anywhere" this offseason.

The Falcons have the third fewest cap space (-$36.2 million) in the NFL right now, but moving on from Ryan or Jones wouldn't help their situation because of their dead cap numbers. The new coaching staff also probably wants these two around for the next two or so seasons before fully going into the rebuild. Coach Arthur Smith could elevate the Falcons offense if Jones (nine games) can stay healthy and if Ryan avoids falling off a cliff as a 36-year-old. Any speculation that Atlanta is rebuilding in 2021 can be put to bed.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player-news/headlines/9943491?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I wouldn't think so, but I was responding to the hypothetical of the wanting two 1s and dealing them for Watson. 

I agree if they can get two first rounders that's enough trade capital to make an enticing deal to the Texans even without Carr.

If that's their goal, I think Carolina slam dunk can pull this off if they offer their first in the mix because that's a top ten pick and provides enticing trade value.

5 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

That is desperation talking. Two firsts for carr. He’s worth a 3rd and no more than that. 

He's a borderline top 10 Qb and he's coming off a really good year. He's worth at least a 1st rounder, but QB's being so expensive my gut tells me some stupid team is going give up two firsts. 

Edited by heyholetsgogrant
  • Like 1