Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for 2021???


Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

226 members have voted

  1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

    • Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

    • Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
      0
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
      0
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:


I’ve long promoted a move for Samuel, however I don’t think he’s top level enough on his own, and I think he may get vastly overpaid.

 

However, in principle I would like him here. Not sure it will fit in though.

Wouldn't it be great to get a big WR along the lines of Golladay, ARob, etc....Lets get a beast, not a smaller guy like Samuel. Not that he's a bad free agent but lets get a real difference maker to go with TMac....just my hope.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

Wouldn't it be great to get a big WR along the lines of Golladay, ARob, etc....Lets get a beast, not a smaller guy like Samuel. Not that he's a bad free agent but lets get a real difference maker to go with TMac....just my hope.


Yep. I mean, I can understand some fan caution.

 

But Stafford, top WR in free agency, very achievable. Completely transforms this team.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm fine with a 1st and a 3rd, if we have to throw in an extra 3rd I'm not gonna lose my mind, that's the price you pay for screwing up the Haskins pick, I can't believe Stafford actually wants to play here.

 

This would be a big get for this FO, IMO.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Check out Watson's injury history.  He's had 2 ACL surgeries.  You want to give up the farm for that?  Not me.

 

Stafford and his back is a cause for concern too isn't it?  I can see the logic in neither man being worth the cost.  Not sure I see the logic in Stafford being worth it, but not Watson.

 

2 minutes ago, zskins said:

 

How long did it take the Bucs to get to the SB after getting a good QB?

You don't need an over priced QB for the future. You need a good QB for 2021-2022 for a playoff run. 

 

Our offense would still have a long way to go to match Tampa's weapons.  Stafford would get us to the starting block among the contenders rather than thanks for stopping by, but we'd still be a dark horse as the offense currently stands.  Add Stafford's salary and take away multiple high picks, avenues for immediately adding to this team gets a lot narrower.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:


I’ve long promoted a move for Samuel, however I don’t think he’s top level enough on his own, and I think he may get vastly overpaid.

 

However, in principle I would like him here. Not sure it will fit in though.


Yep, second day LB, maybe a tier 2 free agent coming off a rookie contract. Both would be great.

 

Kj Wright on a 2 year stop gap. Still draft a second day LB.

 

I would hope Samuel would be the cheapest, youngest, upside WR we could get. Everything Steven Sims was supposed to be and more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:


Yep, that is the major reservation I still have.
 

I will continue to over look that for now :rofl89:

Landing Stafford would be as shocking as Heinicke's playoff performance against the Bucs.  I gotta see it before I believe it.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:


Yep, that is the major reservation I still have.
 

I will continue to over look that for now :rofl89:

 

If it happens its probably via the sheer force of Ron's personality.  We really lucked out IMO getting Ron -- an oasis in the desert.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Our offense would still have a long way to go to match Tampa's weapons.  Stafford would get us to the starting block among the contenders rather than thanks for stopping by, but we'd still be a dark horse as the offense currently stands.  Add Stafford's salary and take away multiple high picks, avenues for immediately adding to this team gets a lot narrower.

 

Our OL did a damn good job when we played Tampa. Our WR dropping them balls were the difference in winning that game. You can get Stafford for a 1st and a 3rd and still get a good vet WR in the FA. So stop overthinking it. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think if we get Stafford, we can get by with McLaurin and few solid WR additions like Samuels.  We don’t need Cooper type of WR to make it work.  

 

However whatever money ir draft capital we save on WR needs to go to shoring up we the OL and MLB.

 

i hope we get Stafford even if we overpay a bit.

 

  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sjinhan said:

I think if we get Stafford, we can get by with McLaurin and few solid WR additions like Samuels.  We don’t need Cooper type of WR to make it work.  

 

However whatever money ir draft capital we save on WR needs to go to shoring up we the OL and MLB.

 

i hope we get Stafford even if we overpay a bit.

 

  

If we get Stafford I'd like to sign Marvin Jones and ARob or Golladay....Jones would be a great vet to get and Golladay would be a stud signing. We would seriously hit the ground running if we signed Stafford and BOTH of his WR's.....throw in TMac, Thomas and any other additions and watch out!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:


Yep. I mean, I can understand some fan caution.

 

But Stafford, top WR in free agency, very achievable. Completely transforms this team.


Golladay coming with Stafford would be such a huge get for this offense. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

 

 

no way to know.  No doubt we got the worst owner in the NFL. 

 

 

 

January 30th 2018, the day Washington traded for Smith was the Tuesday before the Super Bowl just like Peter King is predicting. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

If it happens its probably via the sheer force of Ron's personality.  We really lucked out IMO getting Ron -- an oasis in the desert.

We can thank Joe Gibbs. :)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...