Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

The Colts pitch to Stafford is the same as ours.

Weak division, lights out D, couple of pieces on offense, chance to play home playoffs games for the next 3-4 years...and maybe more.

The difference is the stage.  This year notwithstanding, the NFC East is where the big boys play.  Bright lights, big cities.

The AFC Central is where endorsement dollars go to die.

Yeah the Colts stuff from the national media is nauseating to me.   Not all of them say it but too many of them for my taste like to say when Stafford is brought up well that dude should/will be going to the Colts because they see it as the perfect marriage, etc. 

The only advantage I see is the Colts are in the AFC so maybe they want to ship him out of the conference.  

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah the Colts stuff from the national media is nauseating to me.   Not all of them say it but too many of them for my taste like to say when Stafford is brought up well that dude should/will be going to the Colts because they see it as the perfect marriage, etc. 

The only advantage I see is the Colts are in the AFC so maybe they want to ship him out of the conference.  

The Indianapolis Colts had basically 19 straight years of prime Peyton Manning/Andrew Luck...AND WON ONE SUPER BOWL.

Its a tomb*.

*Actually, its a lovely city.  Go catch a Pacers game and get a steak.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

We also have the higher 1st by a few spots this year so maybe that would help.

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

The Indianapolis Colts had basically 19 straight years of prime Peyton Manning/Andrew Luck...AND WON ONE SUPER BOWL.

Its a tomb*.

*Actually, its a lovely city.  Go catch a Pacers game and get a steak.

Lol, yep I've been there, I like Indy.  But I genuinely think the DMV is much cooler. 

4 minutes ago, method man said:

I’d give up the first + Settle. Would try to avoid giving up more picks beyond that but would give up another Day 2 pick if needed

I suspect Stafford is gonna cost us two 1sts and one of our 3rds this draft. Would be great if we could get Stafford and then sign Marvin Jones and ARob this offseason. THAT would be an awesome WR corp....Stafford, Gibson, T-Mac, ARob, Marv Jones, Thomas, McKissic, Barber.....backups would be Sims, Harmon and whoever else. That's a nice offseason upgrade for the defending East champs. 

• Like 1

Can’t decide max picks I’d give for Stafford.  2 1sts is super rich and I doubt I do it.  1st and 2nd is probably my max, the 2nd coming next year. 

Oh, and historically, I’d rather give up a 2nd than a 3rd (or 5th!), but I think the new version of the FO deserves a chance to make a 2nd round selection, lol.

Don't underrate the extension component. Stafford will want a new deal wherever he ends up and that negotiation will give him influence over the destination.

Do not underrate the Mayhew connection.

I think we are the betting favorite to land him. More likely than Indy. But let's see.

• Like 2