Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

5 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

No WAY Dallas doesn't at least franchise Dak.  Dak and his agent are playing this like Kirk did.  Dallas isn't letting Dak go for free.

You really think they're going to be able to Franchise him again at $37.7 mil with -$2 mil in cap space this year?

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 1

Just now, HoggLife said:

People talking about Watson but haven't seen anyone say Detroit could offer three 1st and more now to get him. Then they can trade Goff and get something back. 

Watson is not waiving his no-trade clause to go to DET lmao come on. Not in the realm of possibility 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, HoggLife said:

People talking about Watson but haven't seen anyone say Detroit could offer three 1st and more now to get him. Then they can trade Goff and get something back. 

Watson's no trade clause might have something to say about going to Detroit.  LOL

Wonder if we'll even be able to draft a Mac Jones at #19 with the Patriots at #15?

If our starting QB is Cam Newton next season.... bleh. 

3 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

And you think hed get anywhere near that now?

No, but whatever his equivalent in this market 2021 will. Bridgewater is going to make some $25million plus next season. 

2 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Wonder if we'll even be able to draft a Mac Jones at #19 with the Patriots at #15?

Agree with both points.  RR could have had Cam last year so no worries there.  We might have to move up a bit to get Jones if he is their target but a lot of NFL beat reporters are saying WFT wants a NFL starting QB with talent now.  So we wait and see. 

Edited by RWJ

1 minute ago, Mooka said:

No, but whatever his equivalent in this market 2021 will. Bridgewater is going to make some $25million plus next season. 

Just because guys get signed to bad contracts when its still within the realm of possibility they can be starting level QBs oh ffs nevermind.

Everyone knows what Goff is at this point.

1 minute ago, Guard Bum said:

It wouldn’t shock me if we use our first and one of our thirds to move up a few spots to get a QB in the draft.  I just don’t see any of the top 5 guys falling to us a #19.

Possible. 

7 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Wow Lions fleeced Rams for Stafford.  3rd rounder this year, Goff & first rounders in 2022 & 2023.  Wow.

I wouldn't say the Rams got fleeced.  A pair of likely mid-20s future first rounders,  and getting rid of a mediocre QB on a horrendous contract, doesn't feel like an awful trade for the Rams. 

Lions must have a better opinion of Goff than many others do. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wonder if they end up going after Matt Ryan.  

He’s older.  But he’s been extremely productive.  

I kinda think he’s going to end up in SF with Kyle, which would be good for both of them. Which of course makes Garapolo available.  And the obvious landing spot there would be NE. 

Though Ron has to know Ryan’s game pretty well from being in the same division. If he thinks he can win with Ryan for a few years, they might go that route.

1 minute ago, ExoDus84 said:

I wouldn't say the Rams got fleeced.  A pair of likely mid-20s future first rounders,  and getting rid of a mediocre QB on a horrendous contract, doesn't feel like an awful trade for the Rams. 

Lions must have a better opinion of Goff than many others do. 

Stafford isn’t worth two first round picks let alone a functioning QB & an added 3rd rounder.

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I wonder if they end up going after Matt Ryan.  

He’s older.  But he’s been extremely productive.  

I kinda think he’s going to end up in SF with Kyle, which would be good for both of them. Which of course makes Garapolo available.  And the obvious landing spot there would be NE. 

Though Ron has to know Ryan’s game pretty well from being in the same division. If he thinks he can win with Ryan for a few years, they might go that route.

Way too expensive. 

13 minutes ago, Guard Bum said:

It wouldn’t shock me if we use our first and one of our thirds to move up a few spots to get a QB in the draft.  I just don’t see any of the top 5 guys falling to us a #19.

I value Zack Wilson that highly. But he's going to be out of range no matter what we do, I think the Panthers take him. 

Mac Jones at 15 is the most likely move. Maybe Kyle Trask in the 2nd. 

Edited by Bacon