Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Riverboat my foot

Redskinsjab22

2 hours ago, Redskinsjab22 said:

Ron ...tie the game. As a 43;years and counting fan...we need wins. Not dice rolling . Come on man. 
also Haskins isn’t the right guy. 

I'm fine with the decision.  I would have kicked it, but I am okay with going for the win.  I wish we had used a run play out of a passing formation though.

I really don't know why anyone would feel confident that we could go to overtime and win that game.  We had 1 play to win the game and we couldn't get it done, it is what it is.

Ron wont make that call when the offense gives him a reason not too.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

I'd need to see the carfax on that one, we are playing the odds game here, going for two is a coin flip at best.

I’ll have to dig it up.  That Sharpe guy ran all the numbers.  

again, I really don’t care one way or the other what the stats say.  But it at least goes to show it’s not a crazy decision. 

I liked the call to go for it, I didn’t like the play call.  

I'm OK with it ... what I'm not OK with is the play calling.  Too many better things ... that new tall WR ... the multi-talented yards after catch Gibson ... Montez Sweat in at TB with Chase Young in a FB ... Need the OC to step.  There were WR running routes free and clear tripping over one and another (earlier in the game) ... Think perhaps that would be my post game HC focus ... jack the OC up and let him know he's got to do better.  Beyond that ... considering the increasingly glaring holes in the roster ... I think Ron is doing about as well as anyone could.

17 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

The jets? Their best chance for a win...would be against the browns (4-2) or dolphins (a team that they just lost to)? 

Yeah, like I said, it's tough for them the rest of the way. They got Lawrence unless he stays another year.

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I would not be angry with Allen starting next year to further build the talent on this team before sacrificing his replacement via the draft.

We have been sacrificing for next year for the past 25 years. It is time to win now. 

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

@Renegade7

In OT, either you need to score a TD or get a stop and score a FG, or a variety of other possibilities.  

I trust the offense to get 2 yards more than I trust all of that other stuff to happen.  

How did that trust work out for you? You tie the game there and take your chances in OT. 

1 minute ago, BleedBNG said:

Yeah, like I said, it's tough for them the rest of the way. They got Lawrence unless he stays another year.

I know it’s tough for them the rest of the way, my point was it’s kinda strange to say the best chance of a win is the dolphins (who just beat them today) and the browns (who are4-2, and a much better team than the jets). 

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

who gives a crap does anyone actually look at this team and see a division champion caliber roster?

We need to dismiss this "OMG  we can win the division" non sense. We have a 4-12 caliber team at most.

Does the rest of the NFCE have one? You play to win the division. Or why play at all?

They called him Riverboat because he likes to gamble. This was a gamble. It didn't pay off. But his nickname is accurate.

Despite the whining, it seemed like a decent risk. If you assume Hopkins hits the extra point (no certainly) and you assume the Giants aren't able to get a last second field goal (they did still have a few timeouts left), the what are the odds of winning in overtime? 50/50 at best? So 50/50 or one 2 point play? Seems like a decent trade off. Plus I'm sure Ron feels it helps build confidence in the players. And that 50/50 does not account for Hopkins shanking an XP or the Giants getting into position for a last second field goal.

20 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

We have been sacrificing for next year for the past 25 years. It is time to win now.

Not sure what team you've been following, but Washington has consistently made win now short term moves for decades. It hasn't really worked out at all. Mainly because they were largely bad moves. But trading draft picks for players or signing bigger name free agents are not "sacrificing for next year". Drafting and developing and letting younger guys play at the expense of veterans is sacrificing for next year

3 hours ago, redskins59 said:

Let's think about this from a statistical perspective.

I don't know the answer to this question, but what is the probability of success of going for two?  If the answer is less than 0.5, then that was just a stupid decision.  If that number is greater than 0.5, I would agree.

This is silly, because it wasn’t happening in a vacuum.

It’s not “does this play have a greater than 50% chance of working”. 

It’s “does this play from the 3 yard line have a greater chance of working than: 1. Making the XP, then 2. Putting together a scoring drive in OT if 3. The Giants don’t put together a scoring drive first, depending on the coin flip.”

Now for actual good playoff teams, the math on this all changes and it might be right to make the other decision. Not in this case imo, especially since there is hidden upside to missing the conversion that actual good teams don’t have, that factors in as well  (staying in the potential #1 overall pick race for a franchise QB). 

20 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Does the rest of the NFCE have one? You play to win the division. Or why play at all?

Uh, no. You play to win the SB. Winning the NFCE at 6-10 or something does nothing for you but give you hollow bragging rights that only an idiot would invoke. 

29 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

this team is not capable of winning anything significant.  

29 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

How did that trust work out for you? You tie the game there and take your chances in OT. 

I liked the decision.  You have a chance to end it right there, you do it.  

You go to OT, you have to score from 75 yards away and probably make a stop also. 

With these OT rules, I’ll take my chances on getting 2 yards. 

I liked the decision.  I hated the play call. 

4 hours ago, Redskinsjab22 said:

Ron ...tie the game. As a 43;years and counting fan...we need wins. Not dice rolling . Come on man. 
also Haskins isn’t the right guy. 

How do you know he isn't tanking to get his REAL QB next year? Hmmmmm

37 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Win NOW for what? Playoffs? SB?

29 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I know it’s tough for them the rest of the way, my point was it’s kinda strange to say the best chance of a win is the dolphins (who just beat them today) and the browns (who are4-2, and a much better team than the jets). 

Those are the best 2 that I can come up with if they are going to win just 1 game, otherwise it's a clear shot at the #1 pick. 

2 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

Those are the best 2 that I can come up with if they are going to win just 1 game, otherwise it's a clear shot at the #1 pick. 

I think it’s 100% a clear shot at the #1 pick. They aren’t good enough to split with the dolphins, and they aren’t good enough to beat a 4-2 browns team, who, outside of their division, have been good. 

With that being said, i HOPE the jets do somehow pull out a win against both teams. But, i think it’s highly unlikely 

Archived