Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

8 minutes ago, Redskinsjab22 said:

Ron ...tie the game. As a 43;years and counting fan...we need wins. Not dice rolling . Come on man. 
also Haskins isn’t the right guy. 

You have a gassed defense that had been out there for about 11 minutes and just scored while marching down the field and have a chance to win the game from the 3 with just about no time.

it was a good call. If you can’t see that then you’re blinded by hindsight.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

You have a gassed defense that had been out there for about 11 minutes and just scored while marching down the field and have a chance to win the game from the 3 with just about no time.

it was a good call. If you can’t see that then you’re blinded by hindsight.

Agreed.

We can't sustain offense at all. What's more likely: picking up 2 yards on one play or picking up ~75 on a string of plays?

And if we lose the coin toss, we could lose without even having a chance. Our D has given up more 40+ yard plays than any other team in the league and was on the field a ton in the 2nd half.

You go for 2. It was a fine call. Unfortunately it didn't work out. Don't be results oriented.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There had to be a thread about this topic.

I stand we would've won in overtime.  Ron didn't.  We will never know now.

But if I'm wrong, we still lose, which was entirely possible as well.

That was a 1-4 football team call, desperate for a win in a way that maybe I don't understand.

I still hate the call, but I get the call.  So that means I hate the execution because it failed, not that they did it.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

There had to be a thread about this topic.

I stand we would've won in overtime.  Ron didn't.  We will never know now.

But if I'm wrong, we still lose, which was entirely possible as well.

That was a 1-4 football team call, desperate for a win in a way that maybe I don't understand.

I still hate the call, but I get the call.  So that means I hate the execution because it failed, not that they did it.

Allen is still dealing with a left shoulder injury from trying to play hero ball last weekend.

If not for that, he probably sells out...and gets it.

• Like 1

Also lets be honest, is anyone actually all that confident in Hopkins hitting the XP? He missed one FG and his made kicks were a little wobbly. He probably makes the XP but something to think about. I wouldn't trust him to make a big long kick in OT either.

Reg. the playcall, I mean I'm not sure what playcall we could have ran. I hate fades or rollouts in these situations because you're cutting off chunks of the field making it easier for the defense. We don't have the OL or run game to run the ball. Maybe try a straight up QB draw after spreading them out.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Allen is still dealing with a left shoulder injury from trying to play hero ball last weekend.

I would not be angry with Allen starting next year to further build the talent on this team before sacrificing his replacement via the draft.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Let's think about this from a statistical perspective.

I don't know the answer to this question, but what is the probability of success of going for two?  If the answer is less than 0.5, then that was just a stupid decision.  If that number is greater than 0.5, I would agree.

I just took a trip in my Delorean... if we kicked the extra point, it would have been deflected toward the skins sideline, where it would have hit Snyder in the nuts...

The photo of the incident would become  the next "crying Jordan" meme.... the "Wincing Snyder".... 

He would go on to sell the team in humiliation.

The whole thing was a massive missed opportunity...

1 minute ago, DiscoBob said:

I

Edited by DiscoBob
  • Haha 2
5 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

I just took a trip in my Delorean... if we kicked the extra point, it would have been deflected toward the skins sideline, where it would have hit Snyder in the nuts...

The photo of the incident would become  the next "crying Jordan" meme.... the "Wincing Snyder".... 

He would go on to sell the team in humiliation.

The whole thing was a massive missed opportunity...

image.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
5 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

Let's think about this from a statistical perspective.

I don't know the answer to this question, but what is the probability of success of going for two?  If the answer is less than 0.5, then that was just a stupid decision.  If that number is greater than 0.5, I would agree.

You have that answer:

47.7 percent two-point conversion rate since 2001”

Now taking into consideration that the Skins suck you cut that in at least half still leaves you at ~20%

8 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

He might sell out.  He’s most likely not making it because of #21 on the goal line looking right at him and closing.  

Personally, I would have called a designer rollout run/pass option with Logan Thomas leaking to the back of the end zone. 

You know, the play Norv has in his playbook and has run for 30 years and probably scored 100 TDs on.  

I didn’t love the play call.  But what Allen did I don’t have too much of a problem with. I don’t think he makes it unless he can avoid a tackle by 21 and (I think) 96 who was also closing.  

I agree with the call to go for 2.

The play call however... oy.. what the heck.  cam sims was singled up high... and I hav eno idea what they were running on that side of the field.

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

In OT, either you need to score a TD or get a stop and score a FG, or a variety of other possibilities.  

I trust the offense to get 2 yards more than I trust all of that other stuff to happen.  

You get more chances in OT, we got one to get 2 yards.

Just now, stoshuaj said:

You have that answer:

47.7 percent two-point conversion rate since 2001”

Now taking into consideration that the Skins suck you cut that in at least half still leaves you at ~20%

That was a bad decision then.

This is why you need a coach who is an intellectual.