Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which Player is your Biggest Disappointment this year?

I drank the Kool aid on SDH coming out of camp so I'd say him.  A lot of Kool aid was being served up for Darby as well.  Which he hasn't sucked I guess but he hasn't been a difference maker either.  

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, megared said:

But to be disappointed implies Wes Martin is capable of more.  The problem is him being trotted out as a viable starter, not the fact that he couldn't perform.  

For me, definitely Collins.  I'm trying to think of a way in which this defense is possibly more confusing for safeties, because he doesn't look like he knows what he's doing in coverage.  No explanation as to how he can be this bad.  

So you’re nitpicking the guy *I’m* disappointed in? :ols:

He looked better last year than this year. So yes, it’s not unrealistic to think he’d be better this year than what he’s been.

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

So you’re nitpicking the guy *I’m* disappointed in? :ols:

He looked better last year than this year. So yes, it’s not unrealistic to think he’d be better this year than what he’s been.

Yep, on principle.  Sounds like you're more disappointed we no longer have a voodoo priest coaching the o-line, that could make chicken quesadillas out of chicken ****. 

5 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I winner who else we can say that for

Nah man, clearly Wes Martin was among the '52' that couldn't perform because of that '1'.  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, megared said:

Yep, on principle.  Sounds like you're more disappointed we no longer have a voodoo priest coaching the o-line, that could make chicken quesadillas out of chicken ****. 

Nah man, clearly Wes Martin was among the '52' that couldn't perform because of that '1'.  

Nope. Pretty sure I’m disappointed in Martin.

• Thanks 1
15 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

I'm going to go with Jon Allen or Payne. I had such high hopes for both of them coming out of school and have made excuses for their average play but I'm starting to accept that they may just not be the gamewreckers I was hoping for. Even seeing Matt I do it in previous years, I was always halfway giving some of his production to Allen being double teamed, but nah right now I'm starting to say they're not A players. Maybe solid B guys, but not guys who are going to wreck a game like I thought. Positive thing is that I think we're seeing that Young and Sweat may be just that. Unfortunately I think that Young in particular has helped me to see the difference in talent between the tiers of players. 

Agreed with this. I was hoping to see either of those guys take that step up that the 49ers DTs took last year.

Right now are either even better then Tim Settle? Not much difference.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, KDawg said:

What? I’m not talking about last week. I’m talking about all season long.

So for whatever it's worth, which probably is more than nothing and less than everything, Cooley has graded Martin out as somewhere between "ok" and "good" for the first 4 games of the season.  Clearly he didn't get graded that way last week.

And again, i actually had some positive feelings for Martin through the first several weeks of the season, as with Christian.  I thought both were going to be complete train wrecks and they appeared not to be.  Which I was surprised about.

Then last week happened.  

36 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Nope. Pretty sure I’m disappointed in Martin.

image.jpeg.6d8d9baad4980a64d012082ec6a1f290.jpeg

48 minutes ago, drowland said:

I drank the Kool aid on SDH coming out of camp so I'd say him.  A lot of Kool aid was being served up for Darby as well.  Which he hasn't sucked I guess but he hasn't been a difference maker either.  

I didn't drink the SDH Kool Aid.  But I'm disappointed in him nonetheless.

Darby, I think has played ok.  He's not helped by the fact the middle of the defense is historically bad. 

43 minutes ago, Brixtion_skin said:

Running game in particular and OL in general.  

I wonder how much is the OL, how much are the RBs, and how much is the fact we just don't run that much.  

34 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

Linebackers.  Especially with who our coaches are.  I thought we would see more of the young guys like Anderson, Holcomb, SDH, Fosters. Not really sure what the heck happened. 

Our LBs and Secondary at the moment:

Three Stooges GIFs | Tenor

Guice - I'm not really disappointed in him, but I am saddened by the troubles that young man has. The result is disappointing.

Not a player, but I am disappointed in the mixed messages from coach.  From "we are planning for the future" to "win now".

:229:The Rook

On 10/17/2020 at 6:42 PM, Thinking Skins said:

I'm going to go with Jon Allen or Payne. I had such high hopes for both of them coming out of school and have made excuses for their average play but I'm starting to accept that they may just not be the gamewreckers I was hoping for. Even seeing Matt I do it in previous years, I was always halfway giving some of his production to Allen being double teamed, but nah right now I'm starting to say they're not A players. Maybe solid B guys, but not guys who are going to wreck a game like I thought. Positive thing is that I think we're seeing that Young and Sweat may be just that. Unfortunately I think that Young in particular has helped me to see the difference in talent between the tiers of players. 

I've been posting about Allen for a year now, I'm glad to see I'm finally getting some support. Allen and Payne are starting to remind me of Chris Weber and Juan Howard, very good at times but still expectations unfulfilled.

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 1

I guess to be disappointed you have to have expected something good so that leaves the oline out of the equation. I would say it would have to be  CY, I had high expectations for him....so far he has not come close.

12 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I've been posting about Allen for a year now, I'm glad to see I'm finally getting some support. Allen and Payne are starting to remind me of Chris Weber and Juan Howard, very good at times but still expectations unfulfilled.

I didn't want to believe that Allen was meh. I kept making up excuses and he was legit hurt. But I was saying why does he keep getting hurt. Why is Matt I doing better than him? Why is he not dominant? He was supposed to go #2 in the draft that year but dropped to 17. I love everything he says in his interviews but he's just not the dominant force I wanted to see. 

And Payne is everybody's favorite big boy but I remember Clinton Portis saying that he gets manhandled too often. That was in his pre draft look at him. I didn't want to believe it because I wanted Payne. But now that I've seen him play, I get too excited by the single plays where he blows up a backfield and dominates a guy. I want to see a game like that. I mean that's what people are asking for from our first round QBs. Where is the dominant game from our other first round picks? 

I remember seeing Kerrigan and Orakpo take over games (Orakpo LOVED to play Oakland and hated division games). I remember that Philly game that Preston Smith just took over. Where are these type of games from Allen and Payne? Heck even Young had his breakout game in week 1. 

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Payne was pretty dominant Sunday. 

Maybe we have different definitions of dominant. I'm not necessarily looking for a 4+ sack game like Donald just had against us, but that would be nice. Its nice to see the good plays (like the interception by Fuller against the Ravens where he pressured RG3). But I keep hearing stuff like how dominant our offense was in the second half and how bad their offense was. But what I saw was that they started off the second half with a drive of 4 runs and 3 passes (one by Jones for 8 yards) and then the next drive where they had a 15 (FIFTEEN FREAKING PLAYS) play drive that was 10 runs. The only reason that drive stalled was because they tried to pad Jones's stats by having him throw for a TD that Freeman had earned. That was when I needed to see this 'dominant' Payne but saw him not making plays, on Jones's runs up the middle or Freeman's. 

Freeman left guard for 5 yards on 2nd and 9+
Freeman right guard for 9 yards on 2nd and 10*
Jones up the middle for 8 on 3rd and 4*
Freeman up the middle for 1 on first and 10
Freeman left guard for 8 yards on first and 10+
Freeman right guard for 3 yards on second and 2*
Freeman right guard for 4 yards on 1st adn 5+
Freeman left guard for 3 yards on 3rd adn 1*
Freeman right guard for 2 yards on 2nd and 3+
Jones up the middle for 7 yards on first and 10+

Those are the runs that were backbreaking to us on that drive. 4 of those runs got a first down and 5 more led to 4 yards or less on the next down. We were not stopping them that second drive and Jones's mistakes are to thank, credit to Young on the play as well, not to Payne or Allen. 

Comparing any mortal to Donald is a Fool’s errand. Furthermore, you seem to think stopping the run is only a function of the defensive line as it pertains to making tackles. I assure you, the linebackers and safeties are a larger part of this than you are letting on.

• Like 2

Don't know how it can't be Landon Collins, which is saying a lot because I was never big on him in the first place. 

How about Jack Del Rio. I really like Del Rio as a defensive coach. And it's really early, and honestly I don't think the D is that bad. But man, that 4 game stretch of giving up 30+ was brutal. 

17 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

If the thread title did not limit it to just players, would anyone say JDR ?

I guess I would lol