Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread (Same Day Edition): WFT vs. Rams of Anaheim

KDawg

Man, that was a pathetic effort. The D is close to useless.

Our passing game comprises dinks and dunks and a collective gasp every time our QBs spend more than 2 seconds in the pocket.

Running game? Non existent.

Other teams just steam-roll past us with little effort. Our current roster's psyche is made of crystal.

Except maybe for Smith. He was clearly trying to get something going and hauling other players.

But he's rusty, which is normal after what he went through.

It's actually just sad now. Not funny anymore at all.

And this week we'll get a QB drama extravaganza. It's brutal.

1 hour ago, skins4eva said:

This franchise is in such disarray. This will take multiple seasons to fix. The amount of non-NFL caliber starters we have starting is shocking. We are basically a JV team right now. 

What distresses me most is, we knew this coming out of last season, got a new coach, got rid of Allen, had a ton of cap space and these jokers are who have.  I appreciate you cant fix everything in one offseason, but they basically fixed nothing from a personnel standpoint. They got worse in a few spots. 

And I at least thought Del Rio and Rivera would be worth something on defense, but 4 straight of 30+ is Haslett or Joe Barry type stuff.

I find it unacceptable that we routinely get exploited by opposing tight ends in the middle of the field.  It’s as if the entire NFL is aware of this fact with the exception of WFT.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

When your safeties and backers can’t cover, you’re not stopping many teams.

I am all for bringing in more secondary players whether that’s through the CFL, Arena Football League, XFL, penitentiary...wherever!

8 minutes ago, justice98 said:

What distresses me most is, we knew this coming out of last season, got a new coach, got rid of Allen, had a ton of cap space and these jokers are who have.  I appreciate you cant fix everything in one offseason, but they basically fixed nothing from a personnel standpoint. They got worse in a few spots. 

And I at least thought Del Rio and Rivera would be worth something on defense, but 4 straight of 30+ is Haslett or Joe Barry type stuff.

We are the last stop for players that are barely hanging on an NFL roster. Nobody wants to come and play here. That’s why we need to build this team through the draft.

4 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

I find it unacceptable that we routinely get exploited by opposing tight ends in the middle of the field.  It’s as if the entire NFL is aware of this fact with the exception of WFT.

I am all for bringing in more secondary players whether that’s through the CFL, Arena Football League, XFL, penitentiary...wherever!

Does anyone know anyone who has been saying linebacker is the weakest unit on the team forever?

11 minutes ago, justice98 said:

The offensive line is not helping our field position by allowing 8 sacks a game.  The 30+ is not all the defenses fault.  I wish we had a MLB like London Fletcher who was able to make adjustments and realign the defense.

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Does anyone know anyone who has been saying linebacker is the weakest unit on the team forever?

Brother...I agree with most things you say.  Unfortunately, I can only like your posts once.

We've literally been the worst offensive team in the league since Alex was hurt two seasons ago. It started under Jay, and has continued under Rivera. It's absolutely painful and embarrassing to watch. It's not even AAA college level. 

Something needs to change. We just don't have a chance with a non-functional offense. The second half was the worst performance I've ever seen this team have.

6 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

We've literally been the worst offensive team in the league since Alex was hurt two seasons ago. It started under Jay, and has continued under Rivera. It's absolutely painful and embarrassing to watch. It's not even AAA college level. 

Something needs to change. We just don't have a chance with a non-functional offense. The second half was the worst performance I've ever seen this team have.

People hated on Cousins but even in 2017 when we didn't have a great supporting cast(no Garcon or Jackson, injury prone Reed), we still had a professional NFL offense and Cousins still put up pretty good #s.

Having a legitimate QB makes up for a LOT.

8 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

you didn’t see this gem, then!

9FA0278C-881E-45D4-A094-752A75F9BEF4.jpeg.0f54734576478f12733885e38254d261.jpeg

Just now, tmandoug1 said:

Shhhhh........ you have to have an oline. Don't tell anyone....ever, at least not for 29 years. 

You do? It’s almost like someone has been saying that forever, too. Hmm. Backers and OL... sounds familiar.

Last week I said that we continue to be what we all thought we would be. This week, I think it’s worse. It’s actually difficult to watch.

Our OL, LBs and Safety’s are awful. Landon Collins continues to piss me off no end. 

Our 2020 offseason in free agency was poor. I didn’t like it at the time. It felt like we were angling for an evaluation year, which is fine, until we have this drama at QB which kinda undermines that thinking.

Great to see Alex Smith fulfil that journey back from injury. Sadly, it didn’t look good on the field. I’m rolling with Kyle Allen at this stage to the seasons end.

As for the rest. God knows. Let’s see how we fair against our fellow NFCE trash in the next couple of weeks.

Put me firmly in the tank for a legitimate

QB prospect .  Then in free agency, we need to hyper focus on the offensive side of the ball, starting with the offensive line.  That needs a complete overhaul in the worst way. They all suck, Scherff is really not performing and the other guys are just JAGs at this point. Put Saadiq Charles out there and let him get some experience.  This is horrific.

That game....That game may have murdered all of the enthusiasm I had coming into this season with all of the positive changes we had made. I was on board and looking forward to watching the development of all of our young players. I was even okay with giving Haskins the whole season (he sucks) to show what he was made of. We were now a respectable/professional team again! But that game....

I may even be more upset that Mclaurin and Gibson may have cost me my fantasy matchup 😢

10 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

They should be actively looking into how to get rid of Landon Collins’ contract ASAP. Terrible signing then. Terrible signing now.

Came here to say this. What a freakin disappointment. We knew he couldn't cover, somehow now he can't tackle. Everyone hating Apke, but at least he isn't eating up 14 million of the cap...

12 hours ago, KDawg said:

You can't really account for Donald without letting Reeder or any other Ram DL abuse the team.

Even adding tight ends... if Donald aligns as a 1-technique he's on the center and guard. If he's in a 3 it's the tackle and guard. Can double and send a back his way... But then you have 3/11 guys accounting for one defender. 4 are running routes. 1 is the QB. Leaves 3 guys to block 4. 

I would've rather seen that, and known the adjustments didn't work, than see them do nothing at all. 

The reason this isn't a pedestrian occurrence, is because teams account for him.  Especially if they have a guy that has no chance of matching up 1:1.

13 hours ago, KDawg said:

Studs/Duds:

*** -  Montez Sweat

** - Kendall Fuller

* - Alex Smith - For the inspiration

:( -  Alex Smith - For the play

:(:( -   Linebackers and Safeties as a whole. 

:(:( :( - Wes Martin

As mentioned, Wes was put in an impossible situation.  I really think it's harsh to grade him out like that.  

What about Scott?  Doesn't he deserve like 50 :(?

1 hour ago, Rex Tomb said:

Put me firmly in the tank for a legitimate

QB prospect .  Then in free agency, we need to hyper focus on the offensive side of the ball, starting with the offensive line.  That needs a complete overhaul in the worst way. They all suck, Scherff is really not performing and the other guys are just JAGs at this point. Put Saadiq Charles out there and let him get some experience.  This is horrific.

Just pointing out, Scherff went on IR after week 2 so he wasn't part of that cluster****. 

It only took 5 games for them to look pretty much exactly like they did last year......maybe worse.  It definitely feels the same.  It's a shame they couldn't build off of the opening day win, but,...let's face it,...they're just not a good team.  The Haskins situation is just a debacle -- nice job Dan.

I don't see many more wins for The Football Team this season -- I'll probably win just enough to eliminate them from the Trevor Lawrence sweep stakes.  And, honestly, career-wise for him,.....it will probably workout better.  

The play calling on offensive is unimaginative & predictable. Runs up the gut with an RB like Gibson makes no sense. Not having 1 roll-out pass against an above average DL is inexcusable. Yeah, I know Smith isn't mobile but Allen is. The upfront protection packages were horrible - who's at fault QB or C? 

I never understand what Turner is trying to do on offense. There is never an attempt to establish anything early. There's just no imagination to the offense. And no half-time adjustments, either. 

Just a putrid performance on offense. 

I thought last year was the bottom but this team continues to reach new depths of stink.

20 minutes ago, megared said:

I would've rather seen that, and known the adjustments didn't work, than see them do nothing at all. 

The reason this isn't a pedestrian occurrence, is because teams account for him.  Especially if they have a guy that has no chance of matching up 1:1.

As mentioned, Wes was put in an impossible situation.  I really think it's harsh to grade him out like that.  

What about Scott?  Doesn't he deserve like 50 :(?

I think you missed my point.

Reeder had 3 sacks too, when we tried to account for him. The point was: we literally couldn’t account for him. 

And once Allen went out we couldn’t even keep them honest with moving the pocket. 

Scott hasn’t been good. 

Wes Martin isn’t good. 

36 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Just pointing out, Scherff went on IR after week 2 so he wasn't part of that cluster****. 

I meant even before that. He has been so inconsistent for a while at this point. It's almost like he's lost his edge.  He was a ruthless blocker... haven't seen that for a while.

In a typical situation, you don't want the football side to care about anything off the field.

This isn't a typical situation. This new leadership preached for months about patience. About process. About Culture. About guys doing their jobs and getting the little things right.

For whatever the real reason was to change QBs (Division Sucks, Haskins has an attitude/work issue, whatever). They make a change and say something about the other players wanting to win games. Benching Patience and Process for now. Not realizing that the biggest benefit they had were those two things with a fanbase hanging on by a thread.

Then they go out there and the offense puts up it's worst showing while the Defense continues to underperform. Guys out of position. Missing tackles. Bad Angles.

At the time they needed to show fans and the other players that making the change at QB was the right move, anything short of a definite yes would burn months of good will.

Now what? Your Week 1 QB went from halftime speech while the coach was getting an IV to 3rd string inactive. You're going back to Allen? Probably Smith again if the OL and Turners playcalling doesn't get better. Do we just write off this year and hope that next offseason will kind of be their 1st real one?

I honestly don't know. Didn't expect to win yesterday. Didn't expect it to be the sorriest performance. 

Archived