Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs LA Football Team

Message added by TK,

KEEP THE POLITICS OUT OF THE STADIUM.

OR ELSE.

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

So you’re gonna use the fact a guy hasn’t played in two years coming off a devastating injury, hadn’t had any times to practice with the 1s in a game where rain is falling and the team is down two scores as the benchmark that he’s not the best QB on the roster right now?

You sound like Haskins agent. 

2 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

yeah, but he's been repeatedly called dumb by scouts (but thats not relevant) and now two coaching staffs. Saying he doesn't know the offense well enough is a long word  form of calling him dumb. So if that were me and I had 70% passing and 300+ yards, i might be a bit salty. How do you know how hard he's trying. Those are rumors coming out. Those same rumors were that he was trying so hard all offseason and was voted captain because of this. If something changed, why? Was it the relationship between him and Turner, him and Zamp, him and Ron? Was it the confusing signals and mixed messages? Why did the young team captain who gave the speech at halftime week 1 suddenly stop working - if thats true because this team has a history of leaking stories when it benefits them. 

Its not because he has a hard time grasping the O.  

There is some diva in the young man that he needs to works out.

1 minute ago, IrepDC said:

They were saying the opposite of all of this months ago. That alone makes me not take their word seriously. Either they were lying to us then or are lying to us now. Can't take this staff / organization for their word.

It could be both. Maybe he did step up. I've seen it in real life.

Maybe he's a guy that gets comfortable once he's named the guy and coasts. Maybe he isn't. I'm just trying to get the point across that the offseason reports and the current reports can both be true. I've seen real life human beings do it. So the news reports wouldn't surprise me if they were both true. 

2 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I don't really need to see anymore...

I haven’t seen any of it, and I feel like I’ve seen too much. 

not sure what to think of the Washington Riveras, but it’s clear he has yet to effect the culture when it comes to on-field play. He seems like a good man, and I know he was respected in Carolina, so I am giving him the benefit of the doubt, given the lack of a true offseason, as well as having to deal with his illness. 

1 minute ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

No.  I'm going to measure him from his body of work.  The guy wasn't good when he had 2 good wheels.  I was SCREAMING at the television the day he got hurt to please bench him and then felt like a heartless a-hole when he got hurt.

He's a very nice guy.  He's not a good QB - the offense moved better with Colt McCoy when he got hurt.  He's back from injury, and no surprise, the offense moved better with Kyle Allen.

I don’t even know how to respond to any of this.

not that either leads a comeback behind this oline, but i think you bring Allen back in. is he antsy to run (writers said he took off the most in camp among all the qbs)? maybe, but that might be what we need. we see he has wheels and hits a lane when it's there. Alex is a sitting duck and beyond limited on scrambling. id rather gain 1-3 yards than take a sack

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I'm going to say something that most will disagree with me on, and I'm okay with it. If we have a choice between Lawrence and Sewell (that would mean pick 1, which I doubt) my order of operations is:

1) See if I can trade back ONE spot and acquire extra draft selections

2) Select Sewell.

Hell no. Sewell isn't fixing this trash heap. This is a coaching issue along with a talent issue. If we passed on Lawrence for a freaking tackle I'd be pissed. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
Just now, Thinking Skins said:

yeah, but he's been repeatedly called dumb by scouts (but thats not relevant) and now two coaching staffs. Saying he doesn't know the offense well enough is a long word  form of calling him dumb. So if that were me and I had 70% passing and 300+ yards, i might be a bit salty. How do you know how hard he's trying. Those are rumors coming out. Those same rumors were that he was trying so hard all offseason and was voted captain because of this. If something changed, why? Was it the relationship between him and Turner, him and Zamp, him and Ron? Was it the confusing signals and mixed messages? Why did the young team captain who gave the speech at halftime week 1 suddenly stop working - if thats true because this team has a history of leaking stories when it benefits them. 

I just completely disagree with you. Not knowing the offense is a long form way to say that he doesn’t study enough, not that he’s dumb. All the questions are about his work ethic, not his intelligence.

These are not rumors, it’s been reported literally since he got here by endless multitudes of reporters. He had a fire lit under his ass this offseason when he had to be away from the facility, and put in the work he needed to to impress the new coach on a baseline level, and then regressed once he got the job and had to do the film work day after day after day. He’s plenty smart. His own teammates don’t think he watches enough tape or spends enough time in the facility. There’s nothing to be sympathetic about other than getting drafted into this ****show by Snyder in the first place. Give it up. 

So, been watching Alex Smith and Kyle Allen   and I honestly haven't seen anything new that I've not seen from Haskins. 
Same problems, WRs not getting open, no 2nd option, lack of a TE, poor protection. 
Haskins isn't the problem

Edited by Apollian
4 minutes ago, Brixtion_skin said:

I think this could be close to the worst OL performance I have seen in a long time.  

It’s the worst I’ve ever seen on this team

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

We’re a bad football team playing a good football team.  

That’s a ad recipe.

I think you should work on your punctuation and capitalization, sir.

We're a bad Football Team playing a good football team. 

It's one thing for your Oline to struggle but they're not moving their feet and not initiating contact with any conviction whatsoever they've just shown up unwilling to play football. I remember the win in Seattle a few years ago with 3 olinemen off the street. They got beat a bunch but they fought. These dudes in there now should be sick when they look themselves in the mirror tonight. 

• Like 1