Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs LA Football Team

TK
Message added by TK,

KEEP THE POLITICS OUT OF THE STADIUM.

OR ELSE.

3 minutes ago, Hooper said:

If Allen is really “cleared” he should be in. 

Agreed.  That’s not a criticism of Smith but Allen was who had the reps.  Alex needs more time IMO.   Having said that I’m happy he is playing but now let’s focus on the win and Allen is probably the best QB to achieve that.  

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

Rivera seems to delight in making decisions based on small sample sizes.  I wish he made the correct one at OC.

The fact that you think you have a better handle on the differences between young OC’s without much history than a guy like Rivera shows the type of arrogance I don’t care to engage with. Again, the sample sizes are tiny. And now KOC fetches McVay his mocha lattes during the week and ties his shoelaces on the sideline on gameday. So if you’re using the play calling in this game to mean anything, that’s a joke. 

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The thing is, if you’re sticking with Alex then you’re 100% QB shopping in the off season because you’ve given up on both Haskins and Allen.  

Personally I don’t think why it would even be a discussion. Kyle wasn’t hot last season and wasn’t even drafted. And Haskins looks like isn’t the answer either. 

I think qb shopping is a given 

Just now, NoCalMike said:

Unless the defense can come up with a big play to change field position this game is effectively over. The Rams can probably settle for field goals on the remainder of their drives and be in zero danger of losing lead.

Yeah it's clear that this offense is toast. No run game, no pass game, can't run block, can't pass block, and a QB who's playing for the first time in 2 years. 

Just now, Idaho fan said:

Agreed.  That’s not a criticism of Smith but Allen was who had the reps.  Alex needs more time IMO.   Having said that I’m happy he is playing but now let’s focus on the win and Allen is probably the best QB to achieve that.  

Nah, because that's who I believe the team really wants starting, now Alex will get the reps.

Scott Turner confuses me.  All we hear about is how good Gibson is in the passing game, which is why the released AP, yet so many runs today are these designs up the middle where Gibson ends up running into the back of jerseys of his own team.

Why not line Gibson up on a LB or TE, get him out there, get the ball in his hands in space.  Let him work.

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

By the way update on things said in this thread that needs to be addressed in the draft:

-Guard

-Tackle

-Runningback

-Wide Receiver

-Tight End

-Quarterback

-Defensive Tackle

-Safety

-LB

Hard to argue with most of these. 

Going to be a long year :ols:

Did you write that last spring?  Because you could've and it woulda still been accurate.  Lol

Regardless of who the QB is next year (Haskins? Smith? Allen? Winston? Lawrence? Fields? Lance? Prescott? Stafford? Steven Montez? Montez Sweat?) the offensive line has to be fixed. It has to be. Before ANY quarterback gets behind center next year, the line needs to be fixed.

3 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

that doesn't mean I can't be upset with how the team handled the situation. 

I know that many of you don't care about them as people, but in my line of work I work with a lot of the most talented and smartest people from their respective schools only to go into an academic environment and be called stupid in one way or another and to most of them humbling is not the word. The word is embarrassing beasuse you have arrogant professors who want to embarrass them. And that's what this looked like so I am salty and I really hope Haskins isn't done

Haskins isn’t dumb, he doesn’t try his hardest. That’s a huge difference and brings a huge difference in sympathy garnered. 

Archived