Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs LA Football Team

Message added by TK,

KEEP THE POLITICS OUT OF THE STADIUM.

OR ELSE.

Just now, carex said:

Even if we wanted him, he wouldn't sign here

Rivera.  He'd play here if Ron wanted him to, is my guess.  His buddy Eric Reed went to the Panthers under Rivera.  But buddy hasn't taken a snap in 4 years, and bringing him in now wouldn't make any sense anyhow.  If you're signing him, it's in the off-season unless it's another 2018 Redskins injury situation.

1 minute ago, httr2020dynasty said:

At least Allen can run for his life. The line can’t hold up for alex

Don't matter if you get your head taken off every other play. He has to protect himself.

Alex isnt taking the same level of punishment

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

And the OL has to give the QB more than 2 seconds to throw also. 

Of course. But once that ball is completed, Gibson has to break the arm tackle and be off down the sideline with green to spare.

He’s been very good at breaking tackles running the ball, much better than expected, but his few opportunities as a pass catcher he hasn’t looked quite as comfortable which is odd given his history 

1 minute ago, httr2020dynasty said:

At least Allen can run for his life. The line can’t hold up for alex

That's what I'm thinking.  If Smith stays in, it's passes at the LOS all day long or nothing.  

• Like 1

Soo for some reason i thought we’d be opening up the playbook with DH no longer on the field. Maybe some intermediate shots. but that might be a moot point with this oline, no matter who is back there. Turner’s play-calling is leaving a lot to be desired overall this season

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Hooper said:

Kyle is clearly out of it, but team cleared him in case Alex gets hurt. And Alex clearly isn’t comfortable in the offense so they are calling screen after screen. This is hilarious/sad.

What do you think Alex did before he got hurt??

• Like 2
1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

He’s working with the personnel we have, which is mediocre short passing QBs, 1 NFL WRs that defenses are very aware of, no NFL TEs, and one decent RB. Oh and a very poor OL that only looks decent on PFF precisely because we’re getting the ball out quick 

And yet, KOC did much better with worse personnel last year once he took over play calling.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Hooper said:

Kyle is clearly out of it, but team cleared him in case Alex gets hurt. And Alex clearly isn’t comfortable in the offense so they are calling screen after screen. This is hilarious/sad.

But didn't Rivera say he had experience in the offense? 

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Of course. But once that ball is completed, Gibson has to break the arm tackle and be off down the sideline with green to spare.

He’s been very good at breaking tackles running the ball, much better than expected, but his few opportunities as a pass catcher he hasn’t looked quite as comfortable which is odd given his history 

What history?

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don’t know if that was sarcasm, but I think Alex can handle the whole playbook.  

He just is a conservative player. 

I thought crossing out Haskins and Allen underscored my intent lol..

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

Who exactly are they gonna throw to past 10 yards that's not named Mclaurin?  

It’s garbage play calling. Roll the QB out. Run the ball more. Quick slants. Something other than this horizontal crap. Stop making excuses for the guy. needs to adjust. His game plan for this game is trash.

• Like 2

To say Alex might have some rust would be an understatement. One beat guy mentioned Rivera saying this week, Alex needs some time to knock off some rust or something like that.

Id give Alex some time. He can at least complete those swing passes that Haskins oddly struggles with 

• Like 1
Just now, Skinarchy said:

Stop looking through rose tinted glasses...we are tanking lol 

maybe that's it. Haskins was playing too well for a tank. We were in competition for that top pick and 70% and 300 yards passing is too good for Rivera

1 minute ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Rivera.  He'd play here if Ron wanted him to, is my guess.  His buddy Eric Reed went to the Panthers under Rivera.  But buddy hasn't taken a snap in 4 years, and bringing him in now wouldn't make any sense anyhow.  If you're signing him, it's in the off-season unless it's another 2018 Redskins injury situation.

we're the Washington Football Team because we wouldn't change the name until late in the offseason, which means we still want to be the Redskins, which means based on his politics, he wouldn't agree to play here