Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs LA Football Team

Message added by TK,

KEEP THE POLITICS OUT OF THE STADIUM.

OR ELSE.

1 minute ago, tomwvr said:

Hell no especially after he called for the destruction of the USA this week.

You have a very poor understanding of what he “called for” if you think police and prisons are the USA (you may be right actually but not in the way you mean to be) but that’s not for this thread or forum. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Two things going forward:

Allen is out, so this is the Alex Smith show in the second half.

Secondly, the way the defense played in the first half, this would be a hard game to win regardless of who is playing QB, so for me the main thing I want to see the remainder of the game is Alex Smith getting reps, getting comfortable being on the field again, and getting 1st team reps all week long to prepare for the NFC East games coming up.

1 minute ago, lovemaskins said:

You may want to start watching basketball bruh. Tis football you're watching, a game where tackling and toughness is required.  

Just in case you weren't sure.

Don’t come at me with that Mickey Mouse statement “Just in case you weren’t sure” BS that gets thrown around ES way to much.  

4 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Its sounding like the same plays that Haskins was making. Maybe more smooth and more accurate but same checkdowns. Its what Alex is famous for, and the same thing Allen was doing. 

I’m going to give Alex a break since she hasn’t played a game in 2 years, and I am sure he hasn’t been getting first team practice reps so I’m sure he’ll want to get the ball out quickly and accurately first.  

And build some shots in as the game progresses. 

• TK featured this topic

I really hate to see Smith playing because he does nothing for the future. I will continue to argue that we were moving teh ball under Haskins. We were doing something under Allen but with Smith we are evaluating one less position long term. Sure he may do better than Haskins and Allen the next 3-4 weeks, but I only go to Alex (next week) if I'm sure that Allen and Haskins aren't the future. 

• TK unfeatured this topic
Just now, panahoo said:

I thought he jump on Alex to not hit his leg. That is the type of player Donald is.

I didn't have a problem with Donald "climbing the ladder" for all we know he was going for the ball, but what I don't understand is why there wasn't a penalty called on that same play as Alex Smith's helmet was clearly smashed by someone on the play which is usually an automatic flag.

1 minute ago, Thinking Skins said:

I really hate to see Smith playing because he does nothing for the future. I will continue to argue that we were moving teh ball under Haskins. We were doing something under Allen but with Smith we are evaluating one less position long term. Sure he may do better than Haskins and Allen the next 3-4 weeks, but I only go to Alex (next week) if I'm sure that Allen and Haskins aren't the future. 

Haskins is the future and Allen might be put a while....

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m going to give Alex a break since she hasn’t played a game in 2 years, and I am sure he hasn’t been getting first team practice reps so I’m sure he’ll want to get the ball out quickly and accurately first.  

And build some shots in as the game progresses. 

I'm less willing to give him a break because this is what he's famous for. Heck, in the Haskins thread before he was benched I was saying Haskins needs to play more like Smith (and less like say Grossman or Favre or George). With confidence a young guy like Haskins and Allen (assuming he has the arm strength) can take the deep shots but we know that Smith won't. Its his patented formula to longevity. 

Some of you are too hung up on "check downs"  checking the football down is not what the issue was with Haskins.  It was the inaccuracy in his throws due to poor mechanics.  Guys running shallow 3-4 yard crossing routes either had to stop their routes or try to make catches back across their body all the time which makes those catches ineffective because it removes any opportunity for YAC.    Every QB checks down, and they do it a lot when they are under pressure.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, Thinking Skins said:

Just have fun watching Alex today and try not to think about the future. We all know he isn't the QB to rely on going forward, but damn it's a great story.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1