• yes, but not until offseason
    • no, ride it out
    • no, trade him
    • I dont know
    • I dont care
    • too early
    • try to get ARod and act like we don't know who Haskins is

On 10/10/2020 at 10:35 AM, carex said:

he was cut because he was accused of choking his girlfriend! Which is also why he's still a free agent, besides massive injury history. Domestic abuse has nothing to do with social media behavior

it was on his draft night interview, when people were asking about that sort of stuff

We'll have to disagree there, friend.

Guice had social media red flags all over him that were clearly visible to anyone with two eyes: questionable behavior, delusions of grandeur, questionable use of language. It all adds up.

But it's a moot point. Haskins is about to get cut or traded regardless.

His social media antics did not help his cause (or maybe he did it on purpose?)

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

He was fined by the team, for breaking COVID regulations, by booking relatives at the team hotel.

This guy is turning out to be a complete weirdo, I'm now in the cut him group if he can't even get basic off the field **** right. 

Thanks man 😔

34 minutes ago, profusion said:

I wouldn't cut him until after the trade deadline, but it's looking grim at the moment.

No way we get anything for him. This isn’t like Trent Williams.

Best we can do is part ways and move forward. He doesn’t want anything to do with this franchise. It’s him against the world, the hard part about living your life that way is that if you don’t get it right, you end up looking a fool.

Well, his trade value is shot, so I'd probably Keyshawn him.  Send him away, and don't let him come back.  And try and deal with it during the off-season.  Maybe somebody wants to trade a 5th or 6th in 2022 (remember, JC was traded to the Raiders for a 4th 2 years hence, so it could happen...) and move on with life.  

Trying to trade him now is impossible.  Everything is too current.  In 3-4 months, you might have better luck.

But he's got to get gone from the team.  

I don't think we could get more than a 7th for DH right now. Given what RR is doing with him and the respect RR has around the league I would imagine teams are steering clear of DH. Maybe we make a deal with someone for Kerrigan and DH gets tossed in with a return of a 5th and a 7th? I can see this happening with a team like Arizona or Seattle, possibly Pittsburgh. A team that could use Kerrigan and could take a look at DH. 

He has incredible value right now...to us.  If we keep him, he dangles around our neck like a ball & chain...if we cut him, a clear message is sent to our floundering yet rebuilding franchise.  Cutting him is about who’s the boss...imo.  If it’s really Rivera...he has to make this move

13 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

He has incredible value right now...to us.  If we keep him, he dangles around our neck like a ball & chain...if we cut him, a clear message is sent to our floundering yet rebuilding franchise.  Cutting him is about who’s the boss...imo.  If it’s really Rivera...he has to make this move

you cannot throw away that kind of potential value six games into your inaugural season as coach

Just now, Stone Cold said:

You absolutely can.  And you do just that to set the tone for an organization that needs a Captain at the helm

He constantly gets asked about a player who doesn’t even dress on game day. Same with the other players. They don’t want to talk about a guy who doesn’t even contribute. Who wants that headache and distraction? Time for the guillotine...

It's fairly reasonable at this point to justify cutting bait with Haskins. The kid (and I use this term loosely) got benched for poor play (y'all can argue over the specifics as I've read enough of the back and forth 🤣). And what does he do to  turn the trajectory of his short career to date? Nothing.  If there ever was a sense of entitlement,  Haskins is the poster child. 

He gave off a pouty vibe through a video at practice following his benching (taking his pants notwithstanding), went to social media to unfollow those who were associated with said benching, came down with a mysterious stomach bug that apparently had an extended shelf life,  and now decides to circumvent team rules to have some of his fave 5 stay at the team hotel.

It's clear Haskins has decided that he is not at fault and is not prepared to change anything he is doing to better himself.  In fact, Stevie Wonder can see the kid sees nothing wrong with his actions and therefore takes no responsibility. 

Truth is, this seems to be something that I have seen a lot of out of this generation.  Self entitlement, lack of accountability and responsibility,  laziness, and a sense of feeling that everything should be given to them and not earned. (Disclaimer: not all young folks are like this, but they are in the minority).

Haggling over compensation for Haskins is a lost cause. There's a reason report after report has suggested our imbecilic owner was the only one willing to draft Haskins while other teams would not have. And honestly,  after getting some tape on the guy, do you really think any team out there is going to give us something other than a bologna sandwich for him (and dont even think you're going to get a slice of cheese with that)??? And furthermore,  the other 31 teams are reading about Haskins antics just like we are. So yeah, they are going to be ringing the phone off the hook to get that upstanding young man. 🙄

Rivera needs to cut him and send a clear message. 

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

He constantly gets asked about a player who doesn’t even dress on game day. Same with the other players. They don’t want to talk about a guy who doesn’t even contribute. Who wants that headache and distraction? Time for the guillotine...

then they'll be talking about a guy who isn't on the team, or guys who they think won't be on the team soon

5 minutes ago, carex said:

then they'll be talking about a guy who isn't on the team, or guys who they think won't be on the team soon

This is not the way to look at this.  Who else on the team is a 1st round QB that was starting beginning of the year and now folks are asking when he's going to be gone?  

This is different, the talk of clearing house or adding talent is not the same as addressing the biggest name healthy scratch on the roster.  Who just took a risk of giving our coach with Cancer COVID because they wanted to say what's up to a friend of the family.

At this point he's not just an annoyance or distraction, he's a risk to the team if he can't even take COVID protocols seriously.  We don't need some stupid outbreak here because of him.

Archived