Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Bleacher Report- Haskins Benched for week 5 Rams Match-up, Allen will Start

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

They took that man’s pants. Explain, @Llevron

Happy to be of service 

They 👏 Took 👏 His 👏 Pants 👏 

His pants! Look at them. Last week he had the same pants as everyone else. Now? Now!?

I have never. In my life. Seen a man debased this way publicly. I couldn’t take it. 

• Haha 13

Sadly, this will continue as long as Little big man owns the team.  RGIII, Haskins, McNabb, Jeff Geroge all forced upon head coaches by the the crossed owner - all busts in DC!

Edited by celticsalmon
typo
  • Like 2

Well, it’s done.  I feel a bit sorry for the lad, as it’s not like he was dropped into a Patrick Mahomes situation.  I would like the idea of giving him half the season at least, but RM rightly points out it is not fair on the other 50 plus guys.

Although I would have liked to see him start for 8 games, he just did not look good enough.  Too many cons for this QB and not enough pros.

Mr Allen you are up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Deep down I had hoped the squirt flower and clown shoes days were gone.  

Then I read the news this morning.  I'd say same ol' Redskins but you know...we don't even have a team name.  

After watching footage of Allen as a Panther last season the one thing I can guarantee we're going to see is a guy who has a better pocket presence and will see the field better. If guys are open chances are he's gonna get the ball to them. He must be completely outplaying DH in practice because of his knowledge of the offense and his overall confidence in himself. 

Allen has some skills, lets see what he can do and how the team plays around him. 

• Like 2

Some of you are so focused on him being benched based on play alone you are just not seeing that it cannot possibly be due just to his play. There is more to this. We may never know what it is. But something happened behind the scenes that forced Ron's hand. I am sure the tweet from his agent helped but I doubt it was that alone. 

But let's say it is play - he was not playing that great and not getting much better. Did he lose alone? Of course not. I said on the Haskins thread he had a lot of help. But the one thing I can't get out of my head is him missing check downs by 3 yds.  That's not the oline of def or WRs or play calling. You have to hit the check downs. 

17 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Some of you are so focused on him being benched based on play alone you are just not seeing that it cannot possibly be due just to his play. There is more to this. We may never know what it is. But something happened behind the scenes that forced Ron's hand. I am sure the tweet from his agent helped but I doubt it was that alone. 

But let's say it is play - he was not playing that great and not getting much better. Did he lose alone? Of course not. I said on the Haskins thread he had a lot of help. But the one thing I can't get out of my head is him missing check downs by 3 yds.  That's not the oline of def or WRs or play calling. You have to hit the check downs. 

what was the agent tweet?

10 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Thank You. I don't disagree with him, but there's got to be a lot more going on that we don't know.

And that's my point. Haskins went from starter - and if i heard right Ron said he was the Rams starter right after the Ravens game - all the way to 4th string. This does not look like a performance move. It looks like a disciplinary move. 

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

And that's my point. Haskins went from starter - and if i heard right RFon said he was the Rams starter right after the Ravens game - all the way to 4th string. This does not look like a performance move. It looks like a disciplinary move. 

That's really really bad, considering we only have 3 QBs. :ols: 

• Haha 2

If the Boys or Birds were 4-0 I doubt we'd see this move. Ron sees an opportunity to win a division, those opportunities don't come around too often. He knew the team would continue to lose with a QB who flat out wasn't getting it done so now he's getting another look at another equally young QB while trying to win a division at the same time.

Personally I wish he had stuck with Dwayne, at least to start the Rams game. But I can certainly see why this move was made.   

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

That's really really bad, considering we only have 3 QBs. :ols: 

Behind even the practice squad QB Steven Montez.  So that's 4th. At least that was my understanding. 

• Haha 1

@Darrell Green Fan exactly what I was telling my buddy yesterday. Sitting here with 1 win we’re in a tie for first and embarrassingly have shot to win the division if turn this bus around. Rivera always insinuated that Haskins was a developmental project and never seemed to embrace him. I wonder if he has thought/known all along that Allen was better and just needed to find the right time to pull him... or if Haskins locker room antics and his agent’s tweet just set him off.

A lot of people around here have been clamoring for allen, so now it’s time to see if this was all on Haskins or if it is indeed the fact that there’s a serious lack of talent on this offense.

i listen to the fantasy footballers podcast and they made a joke that we’re pivoting from one highly inaccurate Qb to another. They broke down his stats and the bottom line was that his numbers were atrocious outside of dumpoffs to CMC. But hey, he’s familiar with the system, maybe he has taken a step forward. Regardless, the bar is low.

Edited by CTskin

This is turning into a self-created mess. We did not construct a roster that was built to compete even in a bad division. It was built to play and develop young talent. You see that across many positions on both the Offense and Defense. There are severe limiters on this team based on the construction of this roster, who we did/didn’t bring in, and who we let walk before the season ever started.

Just looking at the O, even with Haskins play, we have

Mclaurn on pace for a career year.

McK on pace for a career rushing and receiving year

Logan is on pace for a career year

Gibson is having a great rookie season so far

Inman is on pace for his 2nd or 3rd best year (played since ‘14)

Wright has looked decent in limited play

Cam, and AGG don’t log enough snaps to be a factor

The only O skill position players that log significant snaps and are not on pace for big personal years are Sims and Barber. I'd argue that is a bit by design as Barber is simply a goaline hammer and Sims has to wear himself out by running a mile before each play. There is a ceiling on this Offense due to the talent available. Unless we start having players double their already career year paces, there is really only so much juice you can squeeze from an orange.

If we a going to bail on the player development wagon, as we have, I hope we look at players that are available to us beyond our roster. No one can be comfortable with either our WR or Saftey positions right now. If we want a chance at winning this div, we need more weapons than we currently have.  

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 1
55 minutes ago, CTskin said:

@Darrell Green Fan exactly what I was telling my buddy yesterday. Sitting here with 1 win we’re in a tie for first and embarrassingly have shot to win the division if turn this bus around. Rivera always insinuated that Haskins was a developmental project and never seemed to embrace him. I wonder if he has thought/known all along that Allen was better and just needed to find the right time to pull him... or if Haskins locker room antics and his agent’s tweet just set him off.

A lot of people around here have been clamoring for allen, so now it’s time to see if this was all on Haskins or if it is indeed the fact that there’s a serious lack of talent on this offense.

i listen to the fantasy footballers podcast and they made a joke that we’re pivoting from one highly inaccurate Qb to another. They broke down his stats and the bottom line was that his numbers were atrocious outside of dumpoffs to CMC. But hey, he’s familiar with the system, maybe he has taken a step forward. Regardless, the bar is low.

I can see it now. When Allen sucks, and that is inevitable, the Haskins defenders will point to that and say it was a mistake.  It's never a mistake to replace a player who has under performed drastically and that certainly is the case with Haskins.  

1 minute ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I can see it now. When Allen sucks, and that is inevitable, the Haskins defenders will point to that and say it was a mistake.  It's never a mistake to replace a player who has under performed drastically and that certainly is the case with Haskins.  

I agree with this. Just becasue the next guy sucks does not mean it was a mistake to move on. Now if Haskins goes somewhere and wins a SB - then you have a case.  🙂  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I agree with this. Just becasue the next guy sucks does not mean it was a mistake to move on. Now if Haskins goes somewhere and wins a SB - then you have a case.  🙂  

I'd gladly place a bet that this is not going to happen.  

• Haha 1

I'm assuming Ron Rivera knows more about football than me but Kyle Allen...is not exactly Joe Montana.  In fact, dude is a turnover machine.

In 13 games last year he turned the ball over 29 times!  (16 Int's and 13 fumbles).  I'm only telling you this so when the guy turns the ball over again and again you won't be shocked.  I feel like we're only weeks away from the return of Alex Smith and us collectively holding our breaths each time he drops back to pass.  I don't see this ending well.

This is bigger than Haskins. The second Rivera chose to chase wins, that became the primary metric for how this team is now measured. Player development is no longer the main concern as we will be looking to utilize players that give us the best chance to win, rather than force feeding our young talent.

Now, If we do not achieve a spot in the playoffs, this season would be a loss, a failure and a mistake. Obviously, Haskins’ benching would be the main focus and act as a lightning rod in such a scenario, but it is moreso roster construction and letting players like AP go that really guide the way.

This is like taking a group of people trained to run the graveyard shift, and have them instead handle operating hours (Zombie Pun)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I think it's still fair to put this season down to player development. Rivera's trying to see how the rest of the team is developing without a choking QB.

• Like 1