Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Bleacher Report- Haskins Benched for week 5 Rams Match-up, Allen will Start


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

30 in 27 years.

That averages out to be a QB change within each season.

 

I'm 32, so almost a new QB every year of my life.

 

Impossible to be successful that way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

 

I'm 32, so almost a new QB every year of my life.

 

Impossible to be successful that way.

 

I'm 41. It was pretty much the same in the 1980s. 

 

Most popular person in Washington DC year in an year out? The backup QB. Been that way my whole life. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

CBS Sports HQ in my email box, brought up an interesting point, this may have less to do with Haskin's ability, and our already plugging holes at Interrior offensive line.  The implication being.  That since this line no longer has Trent Williams, and Scherf was out hurt, that Haskins 'stay in the pocket' doesn't have a chance to really win, and Rivera knows this. He can't fix the o-line easily mid season, best he can do is plug in a Journey man with a bit more mobility, whom may be more 'expendable' then to let Haskins get munched on.  It may not mean Haskins is done done, it may just mean our Oline is worse then some of us thought.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mbws said:

So third year in the league makes you a journeyman? 

Yeah, that's like saying not even a full years in the league and you're a bust.

Edited by ClaytoAli
Link to post
Share on other sites

After the Rams, our schedule looks like we can compete from here on, for the most part, if Allen doesn't turn over the ball much :

Seattle the toughest test, followed by Pittsburgh. 49ers don't look quite as tough as they used to.

Other than that, it's not all that intimidating.

 

Giants

Cowboys

BYE

Giants

Lions

Bengals

Cowboys

Steelers

49ers

Seahawks

Panthers

Eagles

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

To be knocked back to third string makes me think an incident happened, like an outburst at the fascility yesterday.  Perhaps he's just not putting in the work.  Speculating.

 

YOU

giphy.gif

Edited by ClaytoAli
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

To be knocked back to third string makes me think an incident happened, like an outburst at the fascility yesterday.  Perhaps he's just not putting in the work.  Speculating.

 

Very likely.

It also speaks to the additional possibiliity that Alex has made some recent dramatic improvements

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Veretax said:

CBS Sports HQ in my email box, brought up an interesting point, this may have less to do with Haskin's ability, and our already plugging holes at Interrior offensive line.  The implication being.  That since this line no longer has Trent Williams, and Scherf was out hurt, that Haskins 'stay in the pocket' doesn't have a chance to really win, and Rivera knows this. He can't fix the o-line easily mid season, best he can do is plug in a Journey man with a bit more mobility, whom may be more 'expendable' then to let Haskins get munched on.  It may not mean Haskins is done done, it may just mean our Oline is worse then some of us thought.

Haskins is Ryan Leaf bad. Its not more complicated than that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't necessarily disagree with the benching at this point, but what I do have a problem with is the DRASTIC difference in the approach compared to what Rivera was saying just a couple weeks ago, the whole "I'm going to stick with you" thing he said after the Browns loss. Seems like you don't say that if you're going to end up benching the guy AND demoting him to third string just two weeks later. Between that and and everything Rivera has done up until last week acting as if we're solely playing to develop and evaluate ... it's just weird. Then again, it's just this team. So I guess it's normal. Yeah, that's the ticket. Normal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

I don't necessarily disagree with the benching at this point, but what I do have a problem with is the DRASTIC difference in the approach compared to what Rivera was saying just a couple weeks ago, the whole "I'm going to stick with you" thing he said after the Browns loss. Seems like you don't say that if you're going to end up benching the guy AND demoting him to third string just two weeks later. Between that and and everything Rivera has done up until last week acting as if we're solely playing to develop and evaluate ... it's just weird. Then again, it's just this team. So I guess it's normal. Yeah, that's the ticket. Normal. 


I’m more than willing to bet something that isn’t going to be spoken about in the public eye happened to make this happen so abruptly.

 

I also think it happened for the reasons Rivera publicly stated.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't disagree that Haskins has not played, not played at Pro level.  He's a C- if that, and frankly if he hasn't picked up the play book well enough to audible out of bad situations or anticipate pressure so he can side step and get the ball out, he's a risk to hurt hismelf.

Man makes me long for the days of Rypien, Stan Humphreys, Conklin, and Jeff 'Super Backup' Rutledge.

19 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

I don't necessarily disagree with the benching at this point, but what I do have a problem with is the DRASTIC difference in the approach compared to what Rivera was saying just a couple weeks ago, the whole "I'm going to stick with you" thing he said after the Browns loss. Seems like you don't say that if you're going to end up benching the guy AND demoting him to third string just two weeks later. Between that and and everything Rivera has done up until last week acting as if we're solely playing to develop and evaluate ... it's just weird. Then again, it's just this team. So I guess it's normal. Yeah, that's the ticket. Normal. 

 

 

I think Rivera realized his illness was keeping him from having perspective.... so he did what a good coach does dig in to the tape and realized, crap.....this is worse than I thought on the field.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

Haskins is Ryan Leaf bad. Its not more complicated than that. 

 

He's not that bad...but he is really, really bad.  Leaf and Heath Schuler are my bellweathers for awful first rounders.  I think Haskins is way smarter than both of them, but he really lacks maturity and it remains to be seen whether he's willing to put in the hard work.  His attitude at his age needs a lot of work.  He needs to someone get his attitude and work ethic to allign and tune out all the social media and the simba nonsense and all that crap.  He should look to RGIII as a cautionary tale.  With all that said, I see some raw talent with Haskins, but he needs so much work.  I was surprised he was named starter and am not surprised Rivera is ready to move on and have him sit and learn.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Haskins is in a league of his own. Dude has to be good if people are stealing his clothing. Tom Brady gets his jersey stolen, Dwayne Haskins gets his pants stolen. If that doesn't tell you anything about him, I don't know what else to say.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Haskins is in a league of his own. Dude has to be good if people are stealing his clothing. Tom Brady gets his jersey stolen, Dwayne Haskins gets his pants stolen. If that doesn't tell you anything about him, I don't know what else to say.

 

Does the "Stolen Jersey Quotient Ratio Formula" also work on college players ?

Because I'd like to be better at evaluating college prospects as well, and wondering if I need to pay more attention to the NextGen Sports Science stats on their burglarized items, instead of their combine numbers.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Thirtyfive2seven said:

Haskins was not is not and never will the the answer at QB anywhere.  I think it's a great move and I'm looking forward to it.  Finally the offense won't be boring AF.

Going to be just as bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bearrock said:

When does the "Tanking for Trevor" begin?  "Losing for Lawrence"?

 

Not anymore. Right now they are trying to win the division since we have 3 other bad teams in our division as of right now. So for a short-term glory we will lose out on Trevor. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Haskins wasn’t getting the job done, that’s undeniable, but it’s hard to get excited about Kyle Allen.  
 

If this team is cursed, it’s cursed with never finding a QB.  

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...