Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Draft Order / Tracker: Current Pick #19

zCommander

My guess is Winston stays with the Saints and Brees retires after this season. He looks washed.

Stafford isn't coming here. Lions might start winning now and a new coach would probably prefer to keep a quality vet like that. If he were available it would likely cost a 1st.

Honestly if we're gonna go the vet route we're better off just keeping Allen.

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Its a helluva gamble on Winston because he's not playing, right?  At least we wouldn't have to trade for him, but at what point do Saints stop letting the heir to Brees leave the house?  Hope no bidding war, ya know?

Yeah, the Saints get to see him everyday in practice, but I’m not sure he is the heir apparent. He is making under $2M/season and I think Brees has a season or two left in him.

24 minutes ago, Sellersfan said:

Can finally put the Lawrence and Fields talk to bed. 

We can? Huh...never knew the season ended today. Wow. 

The draft order isn’t going to stay the same the rest of the season, for all we know we could come back down to earth later on. Other teams are going to win a couple games between now and week 17. 

To say “we can finally put the Lawrence and fields talk to bed” when there’s 9 games left, is odd. 

• zCommander changed the title to 2021 Draft Order / Tracker: Current Pick #10
1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

The draft order isn’t going to stay the same the rest of the season, for all we know we could come back down to earth later on. Other teams are going to win a couple games between now and week 17. 

To say “we can finally put the Lawrence and fields talk to bed” when there’s 9 games left, is odd. 

The Jets are an all time sucky team.  I think they are locked in for the first pick.  After that, who knows?

Falcons have to be one of the craziest stories in league history. I think they've lost like three games this year where they held a 95+% chance to win in the 4th quarter. There will be some regression and they'll start winning a few more. Vikings also have had a couple hard luck losses and have too much talent to be a bottom feeder.

The real garbage teams are basically the Jets, Jaguars, Texans(whos 1st rounder is owned by the Dolphins), and entire NFC East.

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Falcons have to be one of the craziest stories in league history. I think they've lost like three games this year where they held a 95+% chance to win in the 4th quarter. There will be some regression and they'll start winning a few more. Vikings also have had a couple hard luck losses and have too much talent to be a bottom feeder.

The real garbage teams are basically the Jets, Jaguars, Texans(whos 1st rounder is owned by the Dolphins), and entire NFC East.

What’s weird to me about the falcons is, they have Matt Ryan, but when was the last time they were in the playoffs? 2017? That was 3-4 seasons ago...

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

We were never getting first overall and second pick would be tough too. Thinking we ever had a shot at Lawrence is just wishful thinking. Right now we are the best of a lot of bad teams with a string of very winnable games coming up. Right now I’m hoping for 5th or 6th overall

2 minutes ago, Sellersfan said:

We were never getting first overall and second pick would be tough too. Thinking we ever had a shot at Lawrence is just wishful thinking. Right now we are the best of a lot of bad teams with a string of very winnable games coming up. Right now I’m hoping for 5th or 6th overall

Oh ye of little faith! Never say never! Especially when it comes to this crappy team :) 

nobody knows FOR SURE how many wins the jets will or will not end up with by the end of the season. And we could just as easily lose to the giants out of the bye week and then lose to stafford and the lions, and then lose to an improved burrow when we face the bengals. 

all I’m saying is let’s maybe pump the breaks on claiming we can finally put the Justin fields or Trevor Lawrence talk to sleep. It’s the NFL, weird things can happen. 

• zCommander changed the title to 2021 Draft Order / Tracker: Current Pick #9
52 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

On paper the Texans are more of a 7-9 team than a garbage team  They have a QB and some talent.   They got a really tough schedule.   Their schedule so far has been 

@Kansas City: 6-1

Baltimore: 5-1  

@ Pittsburg 6-0

Minnesota 1-5

Jacksonville  1-6

@Tennessee: 5-1

Green Bay: 5-1

--------------------------

29-15 if you subtract the 7 games involving the Texans their opponents record is still 23-14.  They should have beat Tennessee last week

If we picked 10, there is a chance that Chase or Parsons would be available though the odds are both will off the board.   There should still be some good WR's and TE's on the board at 10.  Maybe go with a receiver like Rondale Moore or Waddle (depending on his injury) or a tight end like Pitts.  Probably there will be two good O-Line on the board in Leatherneck and Davis, but both project as interior lineman so we'll have to see how things develop inside.  Dylan Moss would likely be on the board at 10, but he is not as dynamic as Parsons.  

I would much rather pick at say 6 than 10.   At 6 you have a decent shot at picking up either Chase or Parsons.  I feel like their are 5 guys I rank above the others in Lawrence, Fields, Sewell, Chase, and Parsons so as long as we get one of those 5 guys, I'll be happy.

16 minutes ago, philibusters said:

If we picked 10, there is a chance that Chase or Parsons would be available though the odds are both will off the board.   There should still be some good WR's and TE's on the board at 10.  Maybe go with a receiver like Rondale Moore or Waddle (depending on his injury) or a tight end like Pitts.  Probably there will be two good O-Line on the board in Leatherneck and Davis, but both project as interior lineman so we'll have to see how things develop inside.  Dylan Moss would likely be on the board at 10, but he is not as dynamic as Parsons.  

I would much rather pick at say 6 than 10.   At 6 you have a decent shot at picking up either Chase or Parsons.  I feel like their are 5 guys I rank above the others in Lawrence, Fields, Sewell, Chase, and Parsons so as long as we get one of those 5 guys, I'll be happy.

Yeah if we're picking 10 I wouldn't be opposed to trading say a 3rd rounder to move up a few spots. There seems to be a big drop off after about the top 5 or 6 and I really want another blue chipper.

31 minutes ago, philibusters said:

There is an offensive lineman named Leatherneck?  GTFOH we *need* that guy so bad

I think it may be a safe assumption that at 9 Lawrence, Fields, Sewell, Chase, Parsons, Waddle, Lance are off the board.

That means guys like Surtain, Wade, Holland, Devonta Smith, Moore, Pitts, Leatherwood, Radunz, Moses, Davis, Trey Smith are all available.

I’d be tempted by Holland, Leatherwood, Radunz and Moore in that scenario.

I know I probably forgot someone. It’s too early in the draft process for me to have all the top prospects memorized :ols:

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I think it may be a safe assumption that at 9 Lawrence, Fields, Sewell, Chase, Parsons, Waddle, Surtain, Lance are off the board.

That means guys like Surtain, Wade, Holland, Devonta Smith, Moore, Pitts, Leatherwood, Radunz, Moses, Davis, Trey Smith are all available.

I’d be tempted by Holland, Leatherwood, Radunz and Moore in that scenario.

I know I probably forgot someone. It’s too early in the draft process for me to have all the top prospects memorized :ols:

I think Lawrence, Fields, and Sewell are lock top 5 picks.  After that, who knows?

I’m just totally in love with Zach Wilson. I think he (as well as Trey Lance maybe) is a reason to  not be totally upset with falling out of the top 5 of the draft. His awareness, arm talent, mobility, and football IQ are off the charts and it’s a shame that some people will be lower on him because he doesn’t play in a P5 conference. He also fits Scott Turner’s offense perfectly.

Archived