Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Draft Order / Tracker: Current Pick #19

zCommander

• zCommander changed the title to 2021 Draft Order / Tracker: Current Pick #6

so, with 12 teams over the effective cap next year do you see teams Brock Osweilering expensive contract players in trades?  Should we be a team those teams look to?  Once we cut Smith we'll have effectively 70 million in cap space

23 minutes ago, gooseneck said:

I think we sign Cam Newton in the offseason-would love to get Sewell of Chase-If we have 70 million in cap space it seems we could shore up the offensive line.  We have the extra pick in the third too- might be able to get a decent Tight End

i think the Patriots will want to sign Cam and if the offers are close he is going to want to stay there.  It helps to have Rivera, but New England has teh prestige and he would be on a winning team and he is already there.   That said a guy like Jameis WInston would be a nice pickup.  The Dak injury today complicates his relationship with the Cowboys.  Perhaps he takes less money now from the Cowboys, but it could put him on the market.

16 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

We ain’t signing Cam. Why on earth would he want to play here?

I think we wind up with the Lance kid from ND State.

Cause Rivera

I don't know how we'll do against the Giants next week.

Whatever our comparable talent levels, Giants are likely to be fired up next week and I'm not sure where we'll be mentally

On 10/12/2020 at 9:37 AM, justice98 said:

Sixth overall's not gonna get it done.  I think they gotta be top 3-4.  

But then, we'll be right back where we were doing this dance we were doing in the spring about trading down because of the amount of positions we need help at.  

We're at #4 right now. Giants, Jets, and Atlanta ahead of us. Jacksonville right behind.

26 minutes ago, Rskins91 said:

We're at #4 right now. Giants, Jets, and Atlanta ahead of us. Jacksonville right behind.

I feel like one of the NYG, Jets, or Falcons will get hot.  Atlanta has the best team on paper.   That locker room may be lost at this point and they go 2-14, but that team has the talent to go 6-5 the rest of the way if they get some momentum.  I don't think the NYG or NYJ have as much talent on their team, but the Giants have a really easy schedule and the Jets as bad as they have been should be a little bit better.  -

The said, I think we have a really easy schedule too with the Eagles one more time, the NYG twice, the Cowboys twice (without Dak), the Bengals, the Lions, the Panthers, and the 49'ers (the 49'ers may be respectable by the time we play them).  Not counting the 49'ers 8 out of 11 games are winnable.   Rivera is a half way decent coach and this is a half way decent staff.  I think its definitely possible to win 3 or 4 more and finish at 4-12 or 5-11 and get like the 8th pick so this season could go a lot of different ways.

In terms of draft position, I think Rivera may have done us a favor benching Haskins because while Allen may have the higher floor, Haskins has the higher ceiling and if he can get into a rhythm like he did at the end of last year, he's can be decent.  I feel like with Allen the bad games might not be as bad, but nothing will come easy as he just doesn't have the same talent as Haskins.

Falcons fired their coach, which means they'll go on a typical play hard for the interim coach hot streak(hell even we played better under Callahan last year and the Falcons actually have talent on offense).

Giants have been very competitive in all their games. They're trending better than we are. I could see them picking behind us again.

Jets are awful though. They're almost a lock for the #1 pick at this point.

Archived