Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Draft Order / Tracker: Current Pick #19

zCommander

29 minutes ago, justice98 said:

It took Kerrigan 28 more games to have fewer sacks.  Not sure what point you're making with that.

the point is that Kerrigan's production has been similar to Watt's....injuries play a part in a players production. Kerrigan has been durable. Watt's talent is better but the dude has been hurt many times....Kerrigan shows up every week and has played on a weaker team.

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

the point is that Kerrigan's production has been similar to Watt's....injuries play a part in a players production. Kerrigan has been durable. Watt's talent is better but the dude has been hurt many times....Kerrigan shows up every week and has played on a weaker team.

There is no comparison between the two. Watt has won DPOTY THREE times. He's made first team All Pro FIVE times. He's a first ballot Hall of Famer. Kerrigan is a good to very good player, but Watt is/was a game changer.

3 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Kerrigan has no doubt been durable and I guess from a number point of view their production is similar, but from a game day standpoint in terms of their importance on the field, WAtt is miles ahead. Kerrigan can go long stretches of invisibility and then have two big games that suddenly make his stats a little more respectable. 

36 minutes ago, justice98 said:

It took Kerrigan 28 more games to have fewer sacks.  Not sure what point you're making with that.

they were picked the same year, that means his impact is at least more consistently spread out if nothing else.  So Watt is more explosive but Kerrigan more consistent and healthier

2 minutes ago, TheShredSkinz said:

/\ /\ No. Watt missed the equivalent of two whole seasons due to injury. At one point in his career he was in the Reggie White, LT conversation.

and injuries helped take him out.  Kerrigan didn't have that.

1 hour ago, Gallen5862 said:

Washington has now moved up into pick #7 according to Tankathon. That is because of the bengals and Vikings wins.

Yup. I will update the thread after Monday night since the two teams in our division play tonight and one on Monday night. The standing will change again. 

I hope the team trades Kerrigan. At this point he is the most value he is going to be. He is signalling he is not interested in signing at the end of the year. Get what you can and both move on happily. 

Kerrigan is one of my favorite all time players. But his best value to the team right now is to be traded. Also, the Watt/Kerrigan debate - Watt > Kerrigan period. I love me some Ryan Kerrigan but if you are starting a team and you have your pick, you want Watt on your side even if it's a few less years due to injury. He is just better.  Kerrigan is very good where Watt is dominating. 

2 hours ago, carex said:

they were picked the same year, that means his impact is at least more consistently spread out if nothing else.  So Watt is more explosive but Kerrigan more consistent and healthier

Durable yes, consistency has never really been Kerrigan’s game. He has massive spurts and then disappeara

2 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Patriots tanking at the right time, could see Bill going all in for a QB if they get close enough to the top 5 picks in the draft. They have a few few good compensatory picks coming there way too, someone may just profit from them.

They need a QB yes but they also need a lot of skill players. I'd reckon WE might have more talent at the skill positions than they do.

18 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Chase is the best WR prospect since Julio Jones. He won't last.

Chase is a good prospect, but he's not Julio good.  This is Julio's spiderchart.

https://i.imgur.com/Avz7E9E.png

Chase is not going to have a spiderchart that looks like that.  He's a good athlete, but Julio is just different.

11 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Chase is a good prospect, but he's not Julio good.  This is Julio's spiderchart.

Chase is not going to have a spiderchart that looks like that.  He's a good athlete, but Julio is just different.

Yeah, and Julio is 6'3 / 225 and ran a 4.39.  Chase is 6'0 / 207.  They're not the same player.  

I was actually very critical of Atlanta giving up what they did to go get Julio.  He's probably got a spot in Canton, but Atlanta has zero Super Bowls, so the conversation becomes... was it worth it?  

2 first round picks, 1 second round pick, 2 fourth round picks.  5 picks in all to get up to no. 6 to take Julio.  I personally don't think it was worth it for the long term of the team. 

1 hour ago, OVCChairman said:

Yeah, and Julio is 6'3 / 225 and ran a 4.39.  Chase is 6'0 / 207.  They're not the same player.  

I was actually very critical of Atlanta giving up what they did to go get Julio.  He's probably got a spot in Canton, but Atlanta has zero Super Bowls, so the conversation becomes... was it worth it?  

2 first round picks, 1 second round pick, 2 fourth round picks.  5 picks in all to get up to no. 6 to take Julio.  I personally don't think it was worth it for the long term of the team. 

Think about it this way though, IF they hadn't blown that Super Bowl your opinion would probably be much different. 

Archived