Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Draft Order / Tracker: Current Pick #19

zCommander

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

100% sure the players feel the opposite.

Yeah, probably. It's a different mentality. But all rational logic says otherwise--talent deficient enough to be a 6-win team, but still picking 19th. Short term gain/long term compromise.

I am kind of in a win win position.  If we play well and win, I'm happy.  If we lose that makes me happy to improve our draft position.  That said I hate uncompetitive games.  I was fine with the NY Giants loss last week or the Packers, NYG, Eagles losses last year, but uncompetitive losses make me unhappy.

22 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Actually, even if we win Sunday, we won't be in first place. So that will be consolation to you guys.

Because, even if we beat Dallas, then whoever wins the TNF game, will be in first place.

What if the Eagles and Giants tie?

38 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

How many here, are actually pulling for the team to win games ?

I am. It's in my DNA.

43 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Every week. That sentiment usually wears off by the end of the first quarter each game though. Rinse, Repeat.

I do love the draft though as a consolation.:ols:

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Wonder if the Jets end up with #1 and instead of going with Trevor Lawrence, they ****can Gase (they will, it's just a matter of time) and keep Darnold. 

I'm not angry if we wind up #2.  Ideally, I'd like us to be #1 but I think the Jets are a little ****tier than us.  

Just by a smidge

24 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Wonder if the Jets end up with #1 and instead of going with Trevor Lawrence, they ****can Gase (they will, it's just a matter of time) and keep Darnold. 

I'm not angry if we wind up #2.  Ideally, I'd like us to be #1 but I think the Jets are a little ****tier than us.  

I have a really hard time seeing them keep Darnold over taking Trevor Lawrence, regardless of who their HC ends up being. I think Darnold is pretty close to permanently damaged goods at this point. Could a new coach help? Quite possible. But would that change the talent diffrence between him and Lawrence? I don't think so. 

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I have a really hard time seeing them keep Darnold over taking Trevor Lawrence, regardless of who their HC ends up being. I think Darnold is pretty close to permanently damaged goods at this point. Could a new coach help? Quite possible. But would that change the talent diffrence between him and Lawrence? I don't think so. 

Everyone said the same thing about Tannehill before he got out from under Gase, now he's an early MVP candidate.  

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Everyone said the same thing about Tannehill before he got out from under Gase, now he's an early MVP candidate.  

True, but Miami also traded Tannehill before the season even started. Now the Jets are in a situation with a QB who's playing poorly and look to be in a legit position to possibly land the #1 pick and probably the cleanest overall QB prospect to come out since Luck. I just have a hard time seeing the Jets ownership/FO looking at that situation and saying "Well, Darnold has been bad but maybe if we bring in a new coach he'll suddenly turn it around end up being great" and taking that risk and passing on Lawrence. Plus, as we all know, usually a new coach is likely going to want his own QB in that situation.

If I were them I'd get rid of Gase AND trade Darnold for whatever they can get while snagging Lawrence. 

6 hours ago, Califan007 said:

What if the Eagles and Giants tie?

I don't know if a team has ever had 2 Ties in a season, let alone in the first half of the season.

But if they did,

Us and Dallas would be 2-5

And Philly would be 1-4-2

I believe with the math they use, Philly would actually be considered a tie with our records.

Or they probably would determine it by the digits of the winning percentage.

6 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I am, and always will (but I dont mind losses). The only I recall truly wanting us to lose was last year at the Dolphins, because I wanted that egg on the face of Allen and Gruden.

25 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I don't know if a team has ever had 2 Ties in a season, let alone in the first half of the season.

But if they did,

Us and Dallas would be 2-5

And Philly would be 1-4-2

I believe with the math they use, Philly would actually be considered a tie with our records.

Or they probably would determine it by the digits of the winning percentage.

I'm assuming that Philly would be behind us since we beat them and have more wins. looking it up, apparently ties count as half a win AND half a loss...so the Giants and Eagles tying while the Redskins (yeah, I said it lol) win would put both behind us.

“Do you want the team to win”

What a loaded question. 

For me... the answer is yes. But that doesn’t always mean winning games in the short term. But, at the same time, that’s thinking as a fan.

I never want the players and the team themselves to show up and not want to win in the immediate. 

4 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

The Green Bay Packers went 4-3-3 their first season.  That year, the Milwaukee Badgers went 2-4-3 and three teams had 2 ties.  So it's not *that* unheard of.  In fact, the Chicago Bears have had 6 ties in one season. 

16 hours ago, GothSkinsFan said:

The Green Bay Packers went 4-3-3 their first season.  That year, the Milwaukee Badgers went 2-4-3 and three teams had 2 ties.  So it's not *that* unheard of.  In fact, the Chicago Bears have had 6 ties in one season. 

There was no overtime.

16 hours ago, GothSkinsFan said:

You: “it’s not *that* unheard of.”

Also you: cites a statistic from one hundred and one years ago. 101! 

• zCommander changed the title to 2021 Draft Order / Tracker: Current Pick #3
4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We're literally the only team in the league that Daniel Jones has beaten other then a late come from behind win against Tampa.

Yeah I was never big  on Jones, he seemed to have a low ceiling and would never be more than an adequate starters. Now it's pretty clear he may never even get to that level.  

Archived