Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Draft Order / Tracker: Current Pick #19


Recommended Posts

Right now we have #9 which is unacceptable. All the #9 picks always suck. That’s how you get a guy like Carlos Rogers. I certainly hope that changes before the day ends.

1 minute ago, SpacePenguin said:

Currently picking 8th, as far as I can tell. Thank the gods for having such a weak schedule. I'm sure it'll be different shortly, though.

Yes! We moved up to #8 with the Atlanta win.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Sellersfan said:

8 will still give you a shot a good player. Looking at 1-7 (currently) we still get to pick between Wilson/Lance etc. Lots of good LT talent too.

So will 19.

 

If we aren't in a position to get a franchise QB its kinda all the same either way. Might as well win the division for the lul factor.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • zskins changed the title to 2021 Draft Order / Tracker: Current Pick #8
39 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

So will 19.

 

If we aren't in a position to get a franchise QB its kinda all the same either way. Might as well win the division for the lul factor.


Except it’s not all the same either way. We could still get Chase or Parsons at 8. More importantly, it’s a lot easier to trade from 8 to 4 to grab a QB than to move up from 19. This is the year to be aggressive, target the guy we like, and get him. 
 

Edit: Also, it’s better to pick 8th in every round after 1 than to pick 19th. There is a cumulative benefit. 

Edited by Anselmheifer
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

8 is an interesting spot. I have a feeling if we want to get Zach Wilson we'll have to jump the Eagles. Shoot, Dallas may even take him at 4 and let Dak walk. So it really depends on how much we like the top 3 QBs in the draft. 

 

I am now slightly leaning in a direction where I'm okay with us taking a guy like Trey Lance and letting him sit behind Alex Smith for a year. If we sign one of the big dog FA WRs we'll have the talent to win the division even with Alex Smith at the helm imo. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

is an interesting spot. I have a feeling if we want to get Zach Wilson we'll have to jump the Eagles. Shoot, Dallas may even take him at 4 and let Dak walk

I don’t think there’s any chance Philly takes a QB with Wentz’s contract and just drafting Hurts

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

8 is an interesting spot. I have a feeling if we want to get Zach Wilson we'll have to jump the Eagles. Shoot, Dallas may even take him at 4 and let Dak walk. So it really depends on how much we like the top 3 QBs in the draft. 

 

I am now slightly leaning in a direction where I'm okay with us taking a guy like Trey Lance and letting him sit behind Alex Smith for a year. If we sign one of the big dog FA WRs we'll have the talent to win the division even with Alex Smith at the helm imo. 

No way the Eagles go QB. They're committed to Wentz and they have Hurtz as well.

 

Cowboys are a wild card. In the Jerruh Era I don't think they've drafted a QB in round 1 since Aikman. They're more likely to go after Sewell or the best D player available.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

No way the Eagles go QB. They're committed to Wentz and they have Hurtz as well.

 

Cowboys are a wild card. In the Jerruh Era I don't think they've drafted a QB in round 1 since Aikman. They're more likely to go after Sewell or the best D player available.

There's a chance, I'm telling you Philly is starting to turn on Wentz. Maybe they think Hurts is the answer but Wentz isn't going to survive there much longer.

 

Cowboys getting an impact player like that kind of reminds of when the 49ers had that really down 2018 season that got them Bosa. Jimmy got injured and they just went all in on the tank that year. Not saying they would have a rebound year like the 49ers did, but obviously injuries are a big reason why they are where they are. Dallas has talent and with Dak they're probably the best team in the division when healthy. Them getting Parsons would be awful. Their defense is atrocious and it needs to stay that way. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

There's a chance, I'm telling you Philly is starting to turn on Wentz. Maybe they think Hurts is the answer but Wentz isn't going to survive there much longer.

 

Cowboys getting an impact player like that kind of reminds of when the 49ers had that really down 2018 season that got them Bosa. Jimmy got injured and they just went all in on the tank that year. Not saying they would have a rebound year like the 49ers did, but obviously injuries are a big reason why they are where they are. Dallas has talent and with Dak they're probably the best team in the division when healthy. Them getting Parsons would be awful. Their defense is atrocious and it needs to stay that way. 

They're well more than one Parsons away from being a not-terrible defense. Plus they're not certain to bring back Dak.

Link to post
Share on other sites

ESPN has us picking 10th.  If Wentz was cut, would he be worth looking at?  I am one of the last on this board, but I still have hope of Dwayne growing this year under Alex and realizing what needs be done to be a pro.  That allows us to go for MLB, TE or OT in the first.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ILikeBilly said:

ESPN has us picking 10th.  If Wentz was cut, would he be worth looking at?  I am one of the last on this board, but I still have hope of Dwayne growing this year under Alex and realizing what needs be done to be a pro.  That allows us to go for MLB, TE or OT in the first.

 

Eagles can't cut Wentz now without their whole salary structure being destroyed and that's before factoring a possible cap decrease.  But they could cut him in 2022 and take a 25 million dead cap hit -- that's their exit ramp not 2021. 

 

 

 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
Link to post
Share on other sites

We are definitely not getting Lawrence or Fields. Jets and Jags have that locked up. With Jags firing the GM today, feels like a lock they will go QB. Even the Lions could press the restart button at this point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

They're well more than one Parsons away from being a not-terrible defense. Plus they're not certain to bring back Dak.

Well they need a new scheme to be a good defense but a player like Parsons could improve their awful run D a bit.

 

If Dallas doesn't re-sign Dak, I hope we make them regret that by signing him ourselves. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

8 is an interesting spot. I have a feeling if we want to get Zach Wilson we'll have to jump the Eagles. Shoot, Dallas may even take him at 4 and let Dak walk. So it really depends on how much we like the top 3 QBs in the draft. 

 

I am now slightly leaning in a direction where I'm okay with us taking a guy like Trey Lance and letting him sit behind Alex Smith for a year. If we sign one of the big dog FA WRs we'll have the talent to win the division even with Alex Smith at the helm imo. 

 

I'm skeptical all these QBs are going as high as people think.  To hear people talk, there's gonna be as many as 4 QBs going in the top 10, between Lawrence, Fields, Lance, and Wilson. I dont see it. The first 3, yes, but I feel like Wilson could be had mid to late first rd.

 

Then you got the Trask fans that thinks he's a first rd QB.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • zskins changed the title to 2021 Draft Order / Tracker: Current Pick #19

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...