Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Draft Order / Tracker: Current Pick #19

7 minutes ago, zskins said:

So we went from 5 to a wild-card game after beating the cowgirls. At this point it looks like Alex is going to be your QB next year as long he stays healthy. 

If this is the way we play going down the stretch, I am MORE than okay with making a real run. The team is gelling. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Well, if want that franchise QB; we are going to have trade up.  What players we have that we can trade for picks.  

Please NOOOO trade ups!!!! Take the best man available at the spot you are picking or trade down. 

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

We need a franchise QB. You can’t settle on that.

If, somehow, we win the division then Alex will be the QB next year. So no point in trying to trade up and waste current and future picks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, zskins said:

If, somehow, we win the division then Alex will be the QB next year. So no point in trying to trade up and waste current and future picks. 

Alex very clearly isn’t a guy you can go far with. We won in spite of him today.

3 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

Alex very clearly isn’t a guy you can go far with. We won in spite of him today.

He had a 87.3 passer ratings today. He played well today. If he keeps up like that you can go far with him. He has been to playoffs games before. He is also on contract for next year. You play him next year, if you don't get your franchise QB in 2021, and then try to get one in 2022 if possible. 

A QB falls in the draft every year. Now whether or not they're any good is up for debate. Sometimes you can get an Aaron Rodgers or Lamar Jackson. Other times its Brady Quinn or Johnny Manziel. But we absolutely have to get a guy this year. I'm fine with trading up from 19 to like 10-12 ish if need be.

• Like 2
Just now, BleedBNG said:

How does both Baltimore and Miami sitting at 6-4 have pick 17 and 18 before us?

The last 14 draft spots are all the playoff teams.

We actually could pick even later then 19 if we somehow won a playoff game...lolol.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

A QB falls in the draft every year. Now whether or not they're any good is up for debate. Sometimes you can get an Aaron Rodgers or Lamar Jackson. Other times its Brady Quinn or Johnny Manziel. But we absolutely have to get a guy this year. I'm fine with trading up from 19 to like 10-12 ish if need be.

Seems like terrible thinking to draft a guy just to say you drafted a guy. This team won't be in any position to select the best QB prospect in the draft. Nor the second best prospect . At best, you're hoping to maybe select the third best QB in 2021, which has generally been a dangerous proposition in most drafts. QB is always something of a crap shoot, but the odds of finding a good one seem to get exponentially worse the lower the pick and the more QBs there are off the board. If the team ends up in a position to draft a QB it really loves, then sure go ahead and do it. I just fear they'll try to talk themselves into some mediocre option just because they feel they have to. At some point you have to pull the trigger, but mandating that it happens in one specific draft without knowing who will be available and without a top pick seems like a recipe for disaster.

5 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

What do you guys think the odds are that we actually end the season leading the division?

50% chance we finish 7-9, 80% chance that's good enough to win the division, therefore 40% chance we win the division.

And this coming from a guy who is really not enthusiastic about picking #19th. But Dallas is just awful, Giants have a tougher rest of the schedule and Eagles are gonna get killed looking at the teams they got left.

Edited by CapsSkins
20 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

If Dak hits FA and we win the division, we should go after him. Then we could use the draft to fix other positions.

I don't think Dallas has the cap room to franchise him and it looks like they are going to be drafting in franchise QB territory. I think there is a solid chance they do let him go. And how sweet would it be to beat Dallas twice and then sign away their starting QB?

Also, we have to be looking a little more attractive now. Terry Looks like a star. A borderline All Pro. Gibson has 11TD in 11 games. The defense is ranked #1 against the pass and Chase Young and Montez Sweat both look real. We have cap room. If I were a QB, I would think, with me, that team is a playoff team next year if they sign some other FA and draft well. 

Still, I hope we don't win the division at 5-11. Unless we go 7-9 or better, I hope another NFCE team passes us and we are picking top 10. And, I'd really think about moving up for Zach Wilson. 

4 hours ago, zskins said:

Please NOOOO trade ups!!!! Take the best man available at the spot you are picking or trade down. 

I mean, sometimes it makes sense to trade up a few spots to get your QB. Chiefs traded up for Mahomes when they had a younger Smith. Ravens traded up for Lamar Jackson. Texans traded up for Desean Watson I believe. 

If anything there’s an argument that being a better team than wouldn’t usually pick in a premium position and then trading up to jump on a falling QB prospect you love is perfectly viable. You don’t want to mortgage the future to trade multiple drafts worth of picks to get into the top-3,  but trading into the 10-20 area if you aren’t where you want to be to get your guy is perfectly viable.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

F it lets win the division and maybe someone like Trey Lance falls and we trade up for him

kind of where I’m at. Haven’t enjoyed a game like that in sometime. Just got to see what unfolds in the next month. 

Im already resigned to the fact the top 3 order is nailed on. Jets and Jags go QB, Bengals take Sewell or Chase. Dallas would also target Sewell I think. 

Yeah, just roll with it. 

10 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Well, if want that franchise QB; we are going to have trade up.  What players we have that we can trade for picks.  

I think that should read, ‘if we want an apparent franchise QB prospect’, we are going to have to trade up. 

We were already out of the Lawrence and Fields race in my opinion.

• zskins changed the title to 2021 Draft Order / Tracker: Current Pick #19