Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Draft Order / Tracker: Current Pick #19

zCommander

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The winner of this division is going to be 4-12 or 5-11 and pick 19th in the NFL Draft. Holy **** talk about an awful scenario.

I'm actually happy it probably won't be us. It's one thing to be in the worst division in football, it's another to be the winner of that division and always be in the record books. Everyone just expects us to be last in the division anyways.

Just now, Florgon79 said:

I'm actually happy it probably won't be us. It's one thing to be in the worst division in football, it's another to be the winner of that division and always be in the record books. Everyone just expects us to be last in the division anyways.

Imagine being talent deprived enough to finish 4-12, 5-11 or even 6-10 and still pick 19th in the next draft.And the reason your record is even that good is because of how bad the rest of your division is as well. 

We could very well end up in first place. Dallas is a completely different team with Dalton.

They might even be a 4-12 team now, or worse. If Ron is watching tonight's game, he must be thinking "Even I can beat these guys"

Even football math says we win. Against common opponent, Arizona, we score more points and more TD's than Dallas, and allowed less points against us.

16 hours ago, KDawg said:

The winner of this division is going to be 4-12 or 5-11 and pick 19th in the NFL Draft. Holy **** talk about an awful scenario.

If that happens it pretty much guarantees we will win the division. If any team can win the division and it end's up hurting them, Its Washington 😂

17 hours ago, KDawg said:

Imagine being talent deprived enough to finish 4-12, 5-11 or even 6-10 and still pick 19th in the next draft.And the reason your record is even that good is because of how bad the rest of your division is as well. 

I want no part of winning this division. It's a long-term loss, and gets us a good ol' curb stomping on National TV. Completely pointless and stupid.

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

I want no part of winning this division. It's a long-term loss, and gets us a good ol' curb stomping on National TV. Completely pointless and stupid.

If I were playing or coaching I’d likely think a lot different. But winning this division, getting drubbed in the playoffs and picking 19th is really the worst case scenario.

Just now, KDawg said:

If I were playing or coaching I’d likely think a lot different. But winning this division, getting drubbed in the playoffs and picking 19th is really the worst case scenario.

I would too--it's a different mentality. But we're rational, smart, good-looking, obscenely humble, passionless observers that can make more intelligent decisions.

Actually, even if we win Sunday, we won't be in first place. So that will be consolation to you guys.

Because, even if we beat Dallas, then whoever wins the TNF game, will be in first place.

This will be one of those rare weeks that's guaranteed not to have every NFCE team lose. Rather, there will be 2 winners this week, with 2 divisional games.

43 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Actually, even if we win Sunday, we won't be in first place. So that will be consolation to you guys.

Because, even if we beat Dallas, then whoever wins the TNF game, will be in first place.

This will be one of those rare weeks that's guaranteed not to have every NFCE team lose. Rather, there will be 2 winners this week, with 2 divisional games.

Id argue that this weekend... no one wins.

The number behind the number is strength of schedule.

At .489 we currently have the second weakest sos of the top 10 contenders for the first pick. Given how weak our division is this year our sos should keep us in contention as long as we continue to lose games. 

The winless Jets (.589 sos) have played a relatively tough schedule so far and with one win will tumble way down the draft order list.

The sleeper team could be the Chargers. They’d be “ahead” of us if they hadn’t already had their bye as their sos is currently only .472.

73926969-3380-4596-9082-B446747DE74C.thumb.png.b5f9ad8000138275a152371ea0253241.png

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Chargers getting the pick of ahead of us isn’t  a huge deal unless they look to trade back. My guess is they’d keep it and take Sewell.

KDawg, I’d be afraid that they might sell it to the highest bidder and try to reap an RGIII type of windfall.

The only certainty that puts us in complete control is getting the first pick overall.

15 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

At least Cincy has improved.

They've gone from 1st pick to 10th.

We've gone from 2nd pick, to 2nd pick.

What a strange year - one pick behind the 1st overall, while one game behind 1st place at the same time.

There is a half game difference between us and cincy

2 hours ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

KDawg, I’d be afraid that they might sell it to the highest bidder and try to reap an RGIII type of windfall.

The only certainty that puts us in complete control is getting the first pick overall.

Entirely possible... But they have an injury laden offensive line and they have a franchise QB in place. 

If I was a Charger fan and I found out I had the number one pick I'd be so pissed if we traded back and lost out on Sewell. 

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Entirely possible... But they have an injury laden offensive line and they have a franchise QB in place. 

If I was a Charger fan and I found out I had the number one pick I'd be so pissed if we traded back and lost out on Sewell. 

If the Bolts land the #1 pick, I'd trade down if I were them and take BPA (Parsons, Chase, etc).  They'd get a windfall and would still get an impact player.  

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Or trade back to #3 (who will most likely be in need of a QB.) Pick up a good haul and still draft Sewell at #3

Chargers have played good football and will only do better as Herbert gets more experience. They aren't a threat for the #1 pick.

Neither are the Falcons, Vikings, or Texans. All those teams can score points and teams that can score points are always a threat to win.

The sleeper team are the Jaguars. They've been awful as well, and outside of the Jets and the NFC Least are probably the worst team in the league. And no new coach will be loyal to Minshew a former 6th round pick(who's been bad the last couple games I believe). And they also have a tough schedule.

Archived