Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs Baltimore Football Team

If you look at Haskins stat sheet for the game, it might not look bad. Over 300 yds and a TD.

Still, he never made any good plays when the game was within reach, and relied on a lot of YAC for stat padding. 

Not impressed, but I guess it was better than his disaster last week. 

4 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Rivera gives up again.  He must have laid the points in Vegas.

This is the NFL.  You have to compete.

There are only two explanations for why we're operating this way this year.  One is disappointing, the other is terrifying.  A,) The coaching staff knows they have carte blanche this season and is basically acting like the whole year is preseason.  B,) Rivera is distracted by his disease.

1 minute ago, Heisenberg said:

Haskins looking like he wants to take some selfies and post something about haters

I was worried he was going to do some ill-advised touchdown celebration.  Happy he had enough awareness not to.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Yup. They won't bench him coming off that throw and catch.

I wouldn't want to bench him, but I feel this is a microcosm of how our personnel decisions are made.  Guy sucks for like 85 - 95% of the season, makes one good play at the end, and everyone's like, "HE TURNED THE CORNER!  RE-SIGN HIM!"  And then he craps out.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Llevron said:

I dunno man. I don’t like seeing him celebrate after this but I’m childish and I hold grudges. Feels like a moral victory to me 

The thing I didn't want to see is the offense looking surprised / mad that RIvera went for it on 4th and goal from the 13. It was like they didn't want to play ball anymore. 

If nothing else this score can hopefully put some life into the offensive guys and remind them that they can score. 

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Haskins has a serious Kirk Cousins statline today

Comparing anything about Haskins to Kirk at this point is such a joke. Haskins might figure it out at some point but Kirk was better in his first game than anything Haskins has shown so far.

Edited by Heisenberg
3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Haskins last play as a Washington starting player a touchdown. That’s a distinct possibility 

Not a chance, 300 yds/0 picks and now a rushing TD.  He’s going nowhere next week.

• Like 1
Just now, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Thanks RG3, ****ing bum........trading up for that guy was one of the worst decisions ever. Dan shouldve stayed out of that, and let us stay at our pick and possibly take Russell Wilson....

Say what you will about RG3, but that rookie year was the most fun and hope I’ve had as a Skins fan outside of 99 and the Gibbs return. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Dan T. said:

A loser’s attitude.

I disagree.  You gotta pick your battles. 

I disagreed with not using the TOs the last 2 weeks.  

This week, in this situation, I don’t find it egregious.  

I would use the TOs here though.  Let’s see what he does.