Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump Administration Covid Tracker (formerly the Trump got the 'Rona thread)


Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

 

I absolutely CANNOT stop laughing at this dumbass b-word. 

I got invited to 2 places today for Thanksgiving...declined both. 


She was just at a superspreader rally with Perdue AND Mike Pence. She’ll probably be fine but her sugar daddy husband is a senior citizen... probably not ideal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

Washington Post:

Wyoming’s governor has resisted calls for a mask mandate. Now he has the coronavirus.

Earlier this month, with coronavirus cases rising dramatically across Wyoming, a coalition of medical experts and nearly every county health officer in the state wrote to Republican Gov. Mark Gordon with an urgent demand: to issue a statewide mask mandate.

Gordon declined. While he has stressed the importance of wearing masks, he has also argued that it’s an individual choice to do so.

“It is incredibly important that we take personal responsibility for our actions and understand how those actions can implicate others,” Gordon said last month.

Now Gordon, 63, has tested positive for the virus, his office announced Wednesday.

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/11/26/wyoming-governor-covid-gordon-masks/

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The country which willingly rationed itself of gasoline, rubber, and hundreds of other substances, to fight wars on two other continents, is unwilling to close down in-person bars and restaurants for a year, to save maybe half a million American lives.  

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Larry said:

The country which willingly rationed itself of gasoline, rubber, and hundreds of other substances, to fight wars on two other continents, is unwilling to close down in-person bars and restaurants for a year, to save maybe half a million American lives.  

 

Same country, but different, stupider people who seem overly susceptible to misinformation in social media, outlets such as FOX, OANN, Newsmax and the like.  The people who cheered for  “And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country.” don't exist anymore.  They have been replaced by self-centered, selfish assholes who only care about their own "personal" freedoms and who feign supporting original constitutional intent, while not being willing to "promote the general Welfare" with their actions.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hersh said:

This is the kind of event that should lead to a cultural change in wearing masks. In the future if you are sick at all and need to be out, wear a mask. 

Way back in the spring when the mask topic first came up, I recalled that almost all news I'd seen from China for years had shown lots of people wearing lots of masks, and I thought it made sense with a population that large. 

Great idea. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, China said:

 

Same country, but different, stupider people who seem overly susceptible to misinformation in social media, outlets such as FOX, OANN, Newsmax and the like.  The people who cheered for  “And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country.” don't exist anymore.  They have been replaced by self-centered, selfish assholes who only care about their own "personal" freedoms and who feign supporting original constitutional intent, while not being willing to "promote the general Welfare" with their actions.

 

We can slam Republicans all day and rightfully so.  But you also don't have to look far on social media to see groups of kids in college that are gathering and not wearing masks and not obeying rules.  There are a lot of self centered selfish assholes everywhere and I'd argue that teenagers to people in their mid 20s who think rules don't apply to them are just as culpable here.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Hersh said:

This is the kind of event that should lead to a cultural change in wearing masks. In the future if you are sick at all and need to be out, wear a mask. 

 

A few years ago when visiting a casino I saw about a dozen Asian women (middle-aged and above) all wearing masks...inwardly I just thought "They're still wearing a mask like 10 years after the SARS scare." Little did I know they were wayyyyyyy ahead of the curve.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

 

We can slam Republicans all day and rightfully so.  But you also don't have to look far on social media to see groups of kids in college that are gathering and not wearing masks and not obeying rules.  There are a lot of self centered selfish assholes everywhere and I'd argue that teenagers to people in their mid 20s who think rules don't apply to them are just as culpable here.  

 

I can see how you would take my statement as referring to just Republicans, but that was not the intent.  My last line stated that the people that used to put others and country ahead are gone and 

12 hours ago, China said:

 

... have been replaced by self-centered, selfish assholes who only care about their own "personal" freedoms and who feign supporting original constitutional intent, while not being willing to "promote the general Welfare" with their actions.

 

Than includes the younger people you describe, as necessarily the older generation has been replaced by younger people.  So my comment is not in dispute with your assessment.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

 

We can slam Republicans all day and rightfully so.  But you also don't have to look far on social media to see groups of kids in college that are gathering and not wearing masks and not obeying rules.  There are a lot of self centered selfish assholes everywhere and I'd argue that teenagers to people in their mid 20s who think rules don't apply to them are just as culpable here.  

Yes and no (IMO).  Our brains aren’t fully developed until long after teenage-hood (for men, I believe it’s around age 26), and this group often takes risks* that most adults know are foolhardy.  So “just as culpable” doesn’t quite fit for me.  I agree this group is a major, major part of the problem though.  
 


 

* whether these risks are simply a built in part of the learning process, a facet of ‘survival of the fittest’, a product of peer pressure/attention seeking, or just due to the aforementioned undeveloped brain... I have no idea.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...