Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(2020) We clinched the NFC East didn't we?

Partag

Is it me or we should be celebrating? 🤣

More seriously, what happened to our division? I remember a time when the NFC EAST was known as the best division in football.

Are we now the saddest and poorest division?

Well when you have Snyder and Jones as owners in the same division, i guess it doesnt help... 

Al Davis was the only missing link in a trilogy of the saddest nfl owner in history lol

your thought?

And Kuddos 

HHTR! Euh... HTTWFT...WTF?

That will still be almost 1/4 of the season! Let's celebrate ;)

Beside, i still like what i see on defense, McLaurin is a beast and Gibson show flashes!

Seriously we are not that far from being good...Haskins aside...poor young man (Well he is wealthier than i'll ever be, but still)

(Is it just me or we should go for a place kicker soon?)

NFC East:

2016: Dallas won the division at 13-3, Giants were 11-5, Skins 8-7-1, Philly 7-9. That's a solid division.

2017: Philly wins at 13-3 (and the SB), Dallas at 9-7, Skins 7-9, NYG 3-13 Not too bad.

2018: Dallas 10-6, Philly 9-7, Skins 7-9, NYG 5-11. Stepping back, but again not bad.

2019: Philly 9-7, Dallas 8-8, Skins and Giants complete garbage.  Yeah, that's pretty crappy.

2020 is trending like 2019. Dallas probably has the most talent and lost on the road to two decent teams in Seattle and LA (although there is no "away" disadvantage other than the travel), but are damn lucky not to be 0-3. 

Just now, Partag said:

Seriously we are not that far from being good

If I had a dollar for every time I heard that over the past 30 years 😡

1 hour ago, madden lot said:

This will be the last week of being #1. We play Baltimore and the hated cowboys play Cleveland. 

Plus haskins will probably start at QB

Yep. Actually, if you want to go further: 

our next 4 weeks: 

Vs RAVENS:  L, 1-3

Vs Rams: L, 1-4

@ Giants: W, 2-4

Vs Cowboys: L, 2-5

Cowboys next 4 weeks:

Vs Browns: W, 2-2

Vs Giants: W, 3-2

Vs Cardinals: W: 4-2

@ us: W, 5-2 

someone tell me I’m wrong. Go ahead. Try. 

1 minute ago, hail2skins said:

If I had a dollar for every time I heard that over the past 30 years 😡

I think as old Redskins fans we would all be filthy rich by now!  

But still gotta believe! This DL is awesome! And for once the coach's team doesn't look like bewildered goose.

When you're a WFT fan you are in for a WTF! ;)

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

our next 4 weeks: 

Vs Browns: L, 1-3

Cowboys next 4 weeks:

You're wrong, we're going to lose to the Giants.

If you look at the rest of our schedule, it looks like we may end up at 2-14. The other win coming against the Giants. Maybe 3 wins if we can pull it off against the Bengals. So far the Jets, Bengals, Texans, Broncos, Giants, Eagles, Vikings and Falcons have not won a game so far. Of those teams I think the Giants and maybe the Jets and Bengals will be there joining us at the bottom. Giants and Bengals don't need a QB. If the Jets select Lawrence, we get Fields, unless the Giants want to bail on Jones.

The Giants are in a similar position as us: rebuilding. But they just lost their best player on offense which means they somehow might actually have LESS talent on offense than we do. And probably less talent on defense(certainly don't have our DL though their DL is also the strength of their team). And an inexperienced coach.

The Eagles are a mess. They have no receivers and they're losing OL left and right. They're also a team built around their DL on defense but they seem to have aged and aren't as dominant as they were and Wentz hasn't returned to 2017 MVP caliber form.

I think the Cowboys will be okay. This was a pretty tough opening stretch for them and they managed to go 1-2 but their two road losses were to the Rams and Seahawks who both appear to be legit and they were both by one possession. They have enough talent to win this division but they probably won't win more than 10 games because McCarthy isn't that much better than Jason Garrett.

He's evaluating everyone and seeing what we need to do in the off-season. He is also giving Haskins a chance to see what he's got. 

I told my wife and everyone, even after the week one win, we are not good and don't get your hopes up. However I do like the direction he is going. It's not going to be fixed in a season and it's not a win now mentality. That has not worked for us in the past and he was specifically bright in to change the status quo and the culture.

22 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

our next 4 weeks: 

Cowboys next 4 weeks:

Divisional game are a toss in, i think we'll get one, prolly the Giant, but we have an habit of beating best Cowpukes teams in the past, who knows?

As for the Cow*** they haven't beat the cardinals yet, but i do think they'll beat the browns. After 7, I would bet for us: 2-5 and them 4-3 

;)

Today was annoying because our line mostly held up, our defense looked competitive (even with the 34 points on the board), our receivers found ways to get open, logan thomas played well. We were just as competitive as the Browns were other than one position that should remain nameless.

We could easily compete for the nfc east this year. 

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

our next 4 weeks: 

Cowboys next 4 weeks:

Your wrong. We already played the Browns.

Archived