Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(2020) We clinched the NFC East didn't we?

12 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

* The QB issue, which may not be his fault necessarily. Rumor has it, he reluctantly started DH from the beginning, just to please Snyder, even though RR really didn't believe in him. So it almost was like wasting about 1/3 of a season, just to get to the QB that he himself really wanted

Where did this rumor originate?

On 11/29/2020 at 4:25 PM, Bacon said:

We play two teams with winning records the rest of the way. Sure, Steelers and Seahawks will be brutal, but the other three are a combined 11-20-1. If we can't at least get to 6 wins, we don't deserve to win this sorry division. 

I don't want the Team to win the division with a 6-10 record.  I prefer a top 8 draft pick.  Even a top 10.

38 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Where did this rumor originate?

I didn't hear this one either.

The rumor I remember TK alluding to was in a gameday thread. He said that  RR defaulted to Scott Turner on the whole QB situation. Turner didn't want to bring in Cam Newton for one thing. Whether or not there was pressure from the top to start Haskins I don't know but it wouldn't surprise me.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

I didn't hear this one either.

The rumor I remember TK alluding to was in a gameday thread. He said that  RR defaulted to Scott Turner on the whole QB situation. Turner didn't want to bring in Cam Newton for one thing. Whether or not there was pressure from the top to start Haskins I don't know but it wouldn't surprise me.

I do remember that rumor, yeah....

EDIT: I do seem to remember the speculation by fans on the Haskins thread that Rivera wanted to prove to Snyder that Haskins wasn't any good so he started him just to be able to say "See? He sucks"...and I think I said it didn't reconcile with Rivera also saying he benched Haskins because the NFC East was still in play and it wasn't fair to the other players who want to win. Did that start off from 106.7 crew?

Edited by Califan007

This is...um...Before reading the article I saw it was written by Vinnie Iyer and told myself he always seems to put a negative slant on the Skins. I wasn't disappointed lol..

NFL playoff picture: Projecting who will win NFC East — Eagles, Giants, Cowboys or Washington?

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-playoff-picture-nfc-east-eagles-giants-cowboys-washington/19225ck2pep2617ddbv20z7jcf

1. Washington Football Team (4-7)

• Current division record: 3-2
  • Division games left: 1 (Week 17 at Eagles)
  • Non-division games left: at Steelers, at 49ers, vs.  Seahawks, vs. Panthers (a combined 25-16, .610)

Washington is immediately hurt by the Giants sweep and there's a good chance the Eagles earn a split with them on the road, leading to a 3-3 division record. Even if they are able to win that game, they're not equipped to beat either the Steelers and the Seahawks, and will be hard-pressed to win on the long road trip on San Francisco.

Simply put, they are the worst team of the four despite the record. Their defense can be great at times under Ron Rivera, but it has mostly faded against better offenses of late. Their offense is a little more competent with its third quarterback, Alex Smith.

They beat Dallas again and need to beat Philadelphia again to have a chance. But in reality, no one would be shocked if the Bengals win was their last win outside the of the division. It's hard to see more than two victories in the final games based on the eye test.

Best-case final record: 6-10

Other "best-case final records" from the article:

Eagles Best-case final record: 8-7-1

Giants Best-case final record: 6-10

Cowboys Best-case final record: 7-9

Continuing:

Who wins the NFC East?

And the division goes to ... the Eagles. It's the Eagles finishing either 8-7-1 or 7-8-1...

Edited by Califan007
23 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Can't believe someone on ESPN actually said that the Giants will win the division even if McCoy remains starter for a while

BSPN will find a way to be anti-WFT/Skins no matter how crazy it sounds.  It's what they do.

Edited by SAli457180
16 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah that was rhetorical, we all know the correct answer :P

(the correct answer, btw, is “no **** Sherlock” :D)

Damn...knew I should have put Sherlock in instead of captain obvious.

• Haha 1

This model has us at 32% chance of making the playoffs, better than any other NFCE team.

Don't know if it's a coincidence and a good sign, or if they both came from the exact same model, but an earlier one had us at 31.5%, almost identical to this one.

https://www.nfl.com/videos/game-theory-every-team-s-chance-to-make-playoffs-at-week-13

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Partag changed the title to (2020) We clinched the NFC East didn't we?