Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week 3: Prediction Thread: The Team goes to the Browns Dawg Pound

On 9/22/2020 at 12:40 AM, Rdskns2000 said:

I expect a similar start like the past 2 weeks.  Browns jump to a big lead before things tighten up.  There will be no comeback this week either

and it will not shock me if Dwayne gets benched at some point, if he's ineffective.

Browns 30

Team  10

No question Haskins's leash should be getting shorter. But, guess what?  There is a person named Snyder that will make that call, not the coach on the field. Kyle Allen should have started games 1 and 2 and should start against the Browna IF the WFT was actually trying to win games. For no excusable reason its obvious that the WFT considers this to me a honeymoon season with no expectations as evidenced by Rivera's leaving 3 time outs on the board because he didn't want anyone to get hurt. Never heard of any coach doing or saying anything like that at any level. Browns 30 WFT 10.

• Confused 2

I am on the "Soiled Sardines for Sewell" train, I almost don't want to win this game. Haskins still struggles, arguments ensue. Browns 24, WFT 20. We go down 2 scores early again, come back, but the Chubb Hunt is too much for us.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Smurf3 said:

No question Haskins's leash should be getting shorter. But, guess what?  There is a person named Snyder that will make that call, not the coach on the field. Kyle Allen should have started games 1 and 2 and should start against the Browna IF the WFT was actually trying to win games. For no excusable reason its obvious that the WFT considers this to me a honeymoon season with no expectations as evidenced by Rivera's leaving 3 time outs on the board because he didn't want anyone to get hurt. Never heard of any coach doing or saying anything like that at any level. Browns 30 WFT 10.

No, Kyle Allen should NOT have started weeks 1 and 2. That’s crazy. How else is the coaching staff supposed to find out what they have in haskins? 

also, rivera left 3 timeouts on the board because we only had a 5% chance of winning at that point. Correct decision. Game was lost by that point, no need to have players risking injury with that little time left. 

• Thanks 2

@Smurf3 Kyle allen should not have started any games and unless there is injury this season should not start any.

I don't know why you think we should be aiming for some kind of championship this year, where you got thst idea. We are not going to be good. We are going to play out the year with the young talent we have and them draft and sign people next year, including a QB if necessary. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

I am on the "Soiled Sardines for Sewell" train, I almost don't want to win this game. Haskins still struggles, arguments ensue. Browns 24, WFT 20. We go down 2 scores early again, come back, but the Chubb Hunt is too much for us.

Postgame arguments are the best aren’t they 

Baker doesn't have the skillset the likes of Murray or Wilson do.  And Cleveland O-line essentially got a nice break in not having to face Atkins & Daniels in the Cinci game.  Their offense also doesn't play with the same pace as AZ.  I think the front 7 will be ready, and Fuller coming back (hopefully) should help.  I expect Turner to make some more noticeable adjustments and have some better production.

DC: 24

Cleve: 20

I think this ends up oddly being a shootout. OBJ and Landry each go over 100 thanks to our HOF-laden secondary while we finally start using the backs the way they should helping thwart an aggressive Cleveland pass rush. 

Poop Stains: 31

Tater skins: 27

When a team doesn’t have to score very much to beat you it really doesn’t matter how well the rest of the team is playing and that’s the situation we are in. 

Defense even in the loss did all they could be when you are down 20 it’s hard to win them. 

To say we have zero offense would not be an overestimation. Dwayne nice neighbor would let him borrow my lawn mower but he is not an NFL Qb it’s painfully obvious, but we are old mother Hubbard with not much in the Cubbard so what do you do? I don’t want Alex Smith out there because his life and health ain’t worth this  no name franchise. the other guy clearly is ****ty if he wasn’t good enough to be out Haskins so he gives us nothing, so we ride the Dwayne train until we can ship him out. 

Browns: 21

WTF(no not autocorrect I put WTF): 9 

The Browns source of offense is there running game. Baker Mayfield is lackluster at the position even though the Browns have weapons across the board. Apke cannot start this week so another team will not have a 50 plus yard reception. The pass rush will get there this week and I expect Turner to run an offense that compliments the quarterback with an up tempo speed, three step drops, screen passes, and a balance run attack. 

Football Team          24

Browns                     14

We win 31-20.  

we turn two early turnovers into 14 points and coast to a 17-0 halftime lead.

offense still looks shaky...actually both offenses are underwhelming in the first half.  

second half begins with us putting up 14 unanswered to go up 31-0 before the end of the 3d.

we drive mayfield crazy in the 4th qtr but they still manage to score 20 unanswered in 4th qtr garbage time.

defense

6 sacks

2 int

2 ff 

1 fr 

offense

19-37

261 yards 2tds

29 rushes 132 yds

mckissick a catching td

Amazing how quickly we turn on our team. Sure Arizona was a bad game but Murray is a potential MVP right now and I knew we would struggle to contain him. It was a good team to face so that we’re used to that type of qb. 

Yes Haskins needs to step it up and he did a little in the 2nd half. Turner needs to let him loose a bit and make him know that he should take chances not worry about a pick. 

Our front seven limits Chubb and Hunt in a physical battle. Gibson takes a big step and Haskins does just enough. We win...

24-20

I think the Browns win. They are just more talented.

Garrett, Richardson and Vernon on the front is a pretty good group. They are definitely lacking in the secondary, though. So the WFT has to come out with quick hitters and attacking their weak points and neutralizing the front. 

Their receivers can pose some issues at times, especially if they get favorable matchups. Njoku is out I believe, but they have Hooper. 

Chubb and Hunt are going to be utilized and the DL is going to have to clog lanes. 

I just think we lose, but I think the offense starts to get some forward momentum and the defense plays a hard game. 

• Like 1