Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hmmm Cardinals steamroll us and all pf a sudden they are elite....we changed our name but are still delusional lets be real we may have the worst offense in this league and a poor secondary which averages out to a bad football team even with our dominant D line, the browns will probably win and most likely we will all come back down to earth 

46 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Our offense has to score points and stay on the field. Our defense is great and does what it can, but it needs the rest of the team to help.

I don’t think our defense is great by any means. 

They are a middle of the road unit with big play potential, though. That makes them dangerous. So what they lack in skill they make up for with playmaking ability. 

Our offense, though...

Just now, KDawg said:

I don’t think our defense is great by any means. 

They are a middle of the road unit with big play potential, though. That makes them dangerous. So what they lack in skill they make up for with playmaking ability. 

Our offense, though...

You might be right. I think if we had even a middle of the road offense, then our defense would be better, but they are getting absolutely zero help. 

The defense was great week one, not week two. We'll see. Sure a dominant LBer and better FS play would help. It's not the 90 Eagles defense for sure, but they are so freaking young too.

11 hours ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

Cleveland got that running game going vs Cincy, Nick Chubb always seems to get his and now Hunt is returning to his KC form. However Clevelands D has shown they can't stop anyone neither. I just think Cleveland wins a close one.. 24-17

This is the issue....it was Cincy.

23 hours ago, Idaho fan said:

I think the Browns are further along than this Name TBD team is.  They have a solid run game and can be dangerous throwing it as well.  Say what you will about OBJ but he can make plays and Jarvis Landry is a good receiver.  They aren't Hopkins and Baker isn't close to the QB Murray is but would anyone be surprised if they expose our secondary?  Those receivers combined with Chubb/Hunt can easily put up points.

Their defense isn't a push over either.  Does anyone see our shotty O-line stopping Myles Garrett consistently?  Haskins will be on his back and continue to have to get the ball out quick.

The hope is our D-line can get to Baker early and hold them in check while SOMEHOW managing to NOT get down by 17+ in the first half.

Its a winnable game I suppose but at this point I agree with Vegas - the Browns will likely win this one.

I think what you said is going to be the story line every week. Can our offensive line protect DH enough to get the offense moving? Can our defensive line dominate enough to take over the game and win it? 

After two weeks and hearing RR talk about our youth, I expect to see an inconsistent team every week but one that doesn't quit like they did under Jay Gruden. The division games will determine our fate....that and we have to hope to steal a game or two vs the NFC West and AFC North. 

On 9/21/2020 at 9:47 AM, FedexFieldIsAJoke said:

We can beat the Browns.  We can beat most non elite NFL teams so long as we control the pace of the game and win the turnover battle.  Going down 17-0 or more because of dumb ST and RZ turnovers is a near impossible hole to climb out vs even the weakest opposition.

The only strength we have (and its a very big strength) is the D line and we have to put them in position to pin their ears back and create havoc.

Hopefully Ron can get the boys to tighten the belt next week!

HTTWFT

Good luck. "Control the pace of the game"? In other words, the obvious formula of running the ball, long drives, first downs, keeping the ball away from the opposition and, of course, no turnovers. Easy to say, but for some reason very difficult to accomplish. If that is the hope for victory, chalk up the loss.

50 minutes ago, Smurf3 said:

Good luck. "Control the pace of the game"? In other words, the obvious formula of running the ball, long drives, first downs, keeping the ball away from the opposition and, of course, no turnovers. Easy to say, but for some reason very difficult to accomplish. If that is the hope for victory, chalk up the loss.

You control the pace of the game by not fumbling the ball in the redzone then muffing a punt 5 minutes later in the first quarter.  If we can fix those dumb mistakes and not go down 3 scores to start the game, that will help to establish all of those things you mentioned.  

The Browns looked good last week against the worst team (worse than us) from last year.  Don't really understand penciling them in for a W.

15 hours ago, KDawg said:

What’s scary is top 25 was generous. 

Ironically, Power Rankings have us immediately below 25, at #26

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-power-rankings-week-3-a-new-no-1-steelers-seahawks-hit-top-5

Previous rank: No. 23

The ferocious Washington pass rush was one of the biggest stories to come out of Week 1. But getting after Carson Wentz (to the tune of eight sacks) proved to be a far easier task than containing Kyler Murray, who ran for two scores and threw for another in a 30-15 Cardinals victory. The bigger concern for Washington in this game came on offense, however. The Dwayne Haskins attack was stuck in neutral as Arizona built a 20-0 lead by halftime. (Arizona hadn't shut out a team in the first half since 2017.) The lone bright spot was second-year wideout Terry McLaurin, who finished with 125 receiving yards at a gaudy 17.9 yards per catch. Get that man some help.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Xplosive said:

When we got beat by the Browns. The Cleveland Browns.

If THAT was your first clue, you must not have been around long 😂 but yes i agree, that would be a pretty good sign that we suck 

2 hours ago, dckey said:

Can someone explain why Dallas is in 1st place, we beat div game Phi.  They beat ATL?????

Their not but I guess it looks better to the NFL showing it that way.

3 hours ago, dckey said:

Can someone explain why Dallas is in 1st place, we beat div game Phi.  They beat ATL?????

Technically we are, but I think a lot of times websites and such list teams alphabetically this early in the season.