Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We can beat the Browns. You can make Baker make mistakes, and he isn't outrunning Sweat and Young like Murray did. It is a good test for the defense. Guys like Murray and Jackson next week are different animals. 

• Like 1

Kendall Fuller needs to be back to neutralize Landry in the slot. Landry is dealing with a hip injury so he’s not at 100% either

Moreland /Moreau can do a passable job on Beckham and Njoku is out so you are not dealing with the dual TE threat. 

Where I am worried the most is their DL vs our OL. It’s not just Garrett but Porter Gustin has emerged as their out of nowhere star at the other EDGE spot and Larry N is one of the league’s most underrated DTs. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, method man said:

Kendall Fuller needs to be back to neutralize Landry in the slot. Landry is dealing with a hip injury so he’s not at 100% either

Moreland /Moreau can do a passable job on Beckham and Njoku is out so you are not dealing with the dual TE threat. 

Where I am worried the most is their DL vs our OL. It’s not just Garrett but Porter Gustin has emerged as their out of nowhere star at the other EDGE spot and Larry N is one of the league’s most underrated DTs. 

With Harrison Bryant and Austin Hooper you still have to worry about the duel TE threat.  Bryant's looked pretty good for a rookie TE.  They'll put Hunt out wide also.  And Sheldon Richardson has been a force also on their DL.    

1 hour ago, ClaytoAli said:

Yoda: "too attached are you", "free yourself, remember your feelings are as great as you want to make them".

It's just a game!

Thanks brother.

Of course you’re right.

Balance is one of the most essential elements of life and yesterday I briefly lost it and fell into the abyss of the hopeless fan.

I think the loss hit me so hard because against my better judgement, after week one, I unconsciously and irrationally started to believe in the Skins again. It was a combination of a heroic Haskins turning into Patton with his team pick me up speach and gritty second half play, the once in a career 17 point comeback, Rivera’s on the mark post game speach and I think most of all the potential h.o.f. greatness that Chase Young flashed.

Week one’s win seemed transformative but transformations are seldom linear and almost never without unexpected obstacles.

The battle is lost the war goes on.

”A balance has returned to the force.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
40 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Thanks brother.

Of course you’re right.

Balance is one of the most essential elements of life and yesterday I briefly lost it and fell into the abyss of the hopeless fan.

I think the loss hit me so hard because against my better judgement, after week one, I unconsciously and irrationally started to believe in the Skins again. It was a combination of a heroic Haskins turning into Patton with his team pick me up speach and gritty second half play, the once in a career 17 point comeback, Rivera’s on the mark post game speach and I think most of all the potential h.o.f. greatness that Chase Young flashed.

Week one’s win seemed transformative but transformations are seldom linear and almost never without unexpected obstacles.

The battle is lost the war goes on.

”A balance has returned to the force.”

Don’t worry, I was pretty much feeling the same yesterday. After the 1 games I was pretty hype both my fantasy teams were going off but then watched us play and good feeling was gone. I wish I was able to not care but when the Redskins and caps lose it really puts me in a funk lol. 

• Like 1

To give the team a chance against Cleveland - Special Teams needs to be on point.  No missed FGs, No muffed returns, and no bad penalties.  Not good enough to overcome special teams gaffes especially at crucial points in a given game.

I think they win next week vs the Browns. Baker is more inconsistent that Dwayne. Also for the offense, Scott Turner has to get the football out of Dwayne's hands quicker. 1st half, it was long slow developing plays. 2nd have quicker plays to get the ball in McLaurin's and Sims hands. Also with Gibson and McKissic running a lot better in the 2nd half, I think Turner should go with quicker plays. Garrett will be a problem and I have little faith in Christian Sr. vs Garrett. Also contain Chubb and Hunt. They will most likely do more run heavy vs pass heavy.

The storyline here is our DL against Callahan's OL.

I think it will be too much for him.

3 hours ago, dballer said:

We can beat the Browns. You can make Baker make mistakes, and he isn't outrunning Sweat and Young like Murray did. It is a good test for the defense. Guys like Murray and Jackson next week are different animals. 

Browns are at a disadvantage at home actually.

Baker will be distracted with the upkeeping of his home and furniture.

• Haha 3
11 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Browns are at a disadvantage at home actually.

Baker will be distracted with the upkeeping of his home and furniture.

Especially if it rains, which i think is supposed to be the case for Sunday. Doesn’t want those seats to get wet! 😂

you think there’s a chance he’ll have one of his book club meetings planned for Sunday? :) 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Again, any time the opponent has a significant skill position Advantage over us, I am expecting a thorough loss. 

I think we’ll sack Baker a bunch and turn him over but it’s just so hard for a defense to completely shut down NFL offenses for 60 min. Especially when they feature OBJ, Jarvis Landry, Kareem Hunt, Nick Chubb, and Austin Hooper. They are going to score a few times, especially against this secondary. 

And oh btw, they have an elite rusher in Garrett and this is the worst DC football offense since Spurrier. Only way we score 20+ is if we turn Baker over 3+ times 

1 hour ago, redskindan07 said:

I'm not a gambler but please someone tell me how the Browns are 7 point favorites over the WFT?

Because the Browns have way more talent?

Try watching other football games outside of Washington. Outside of McLaurin and maybe Gibson we have by far the worst set of skill players in the league and might actually be in the discussion for worst ever. Yes its that bad.

If you go position by position and compare us to the rest of the league... 

The only position we have talent better than top 25 or so is the defensive line. 

Any game we win is a significant over achievement aside from games against teams like the Jets and probably the Giants.

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

If you go position by position and compare us to the rest of the league... 

The only position we have talent better than top 25 or so is the defensive line. 

Any game we win is a significant over achievement aside from games against teams like the Jets and probably the Giants.

Stop bringing me back to reality !