Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I honestly don’t think so. The browns are a much better team than other years we’ve played them. It’s going to be ugly. 1-2 here we come. Sigh 

Better than the Eagles team we played last week?

I have such a lack of faith in this offense. We need to feed Terry and get more passes to Sims. Logan Thomas and Inman suck and should not get near the looks next week that they got today. 

Continue finding plays for Gibson with a healthy dose of McKissic and i'll start having more faith.

• Confused 1

We’re gonna have growing pains not concerned about our weapons I’m more concerned about the sacks we gave up and the inconsistent QB play today.  Will have to get that cleaned up if we want to compete. A loss early could help a team.  

• Confused 1

Yeah our offense is bad, but the Browns are still the Browns. They were obliterated by the Ravens, and then beat the de facto worst team in the NFL this week, who was starting a raw rookie at QB. I think our pass rush will rattle Mayfield, and give us a great chance of winning. 

BTW the Rams, and Aaron Donald, did not sack Wentz once today. Kyler is slippery as hell, but I think our line will feast next week. 

• Like 1

Maybe. Haskins got a little better as the game wore on. He needs to get settled a little sooner. Too much happy feet today.

without that fumble early in the game this was a very winnable game, and cards look like legit contenders this year. Our offense only needs to improve a little for us to maybe win a a playoff game. I think we are an 8-8 team right now.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Like 1

Its often said, "if a ball hits your hands you should catch it"... with the gloves these days, as a pro NFL player, that rings true even more so. Now, not all balls you get a finger on are catchable- granted. After rewatching the game today, Haskins made throws that gave guys a chanc to make a play. He generally made good reads, and didn't throw any INTs! There was very little time in the first half to throw down field, BUT there were chances for players to make some grabs. If half those plays get hauled in and we build some momentum (and/ or keep it) we can definitely bang with the Browns. 

Our highly praised D needs to but a lid on it early too. Being down 17 (both games they gave up quick scores) pretty early isn't helping our offensive game plan any either.

I'm more mad about the cows winning than going 1-1 after no preseason. Az is a playoff team.

Browns are beatable... as long as Miles Garret doesn't kill anyone! Talented roster no doubt about it. 

Hope our guys don't like the taste of defeat, and RRs "new" culture has the squad hungry to win

Edited by CowboyKillerz

Myles Garrett is a concern. And Jedrick Wills will help to neutralize Young, though he may get home despite Wills skill. Young is a better overall player than Jedrick. But Wills has been effective for Cleveland. 

I think we need to come out of the gate offensively with quick hitters and utilizing the backs and prioritizing McLaurin. If we start we’ll offensively, we can beat them. But Mayfield and that offense can score, and I’d look for them to try similar tactics to Arizona to neutralize our DL.

But Mayfield is not Murray.  

• Like 1
8 hours ago, abdcskins said:

I see us winning.  We will get to Mayfield and rattle him until he can barely see straight.  Browns defense can be beat.  Not scared of them.  

Not to be a downer but these statements are made often.  Last year nobody was afraid of Trubisky or the Bears and they demolished Washington. 

This game is a toss- up.  Definitely winnable for Washington. But anybody who would be shocked by a Cleveland win doesn’t know anything about football.

Edited by Csup
9 hours ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

I envy you guys that can go from this mess straight to thinking about next week.

I'm still hurtin'. Need some time to regain perspective.

Everything feels black and hopeless right now.

Yoda: "too attached are you", "free yourself, remember your feelings are as great as you want to make them".

It's just a game!

Edited by ClaytoAli
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the Browns are further along than this Name TBD team is.  They have a solid run game and can be dangerous throwing it as well.  Say what you will about OBJ but he can make plays and Jarvis Landry is a good receiver.  They aren't Hopkins and Baker isn't close to the QB Murray is but would anyone be surprised if they expose our secondary?  Those receivers combined with Chubb/Hunt can easily put up points.

Their defense isn't a push over either.  Does anyone see our shotty O-line stopping Myles Garrett consistently?  Haskins will be on his back and continue to have to get the ball out quick.

The hope is our D-line can get to Baker early and hold them in check while SOMEHOW managing to NOT get down by 17+ in the first half.

Its a winnable game I suppose but at this point I agree with Vegas - the Browns will likely win this one.

Edited by Idaho fan

Browns will roll against WFT. Intangibles all in their favor and so are the tangibles. Other than that, no problem. Eagles have been the worst team in the league so far and they were walking wounded playing on fumes in the second half against WFT. That victory means nothing.

You have to score points to beat the Browns and we aren't capable of that right now unless the D gets a lot of takeaways. Fortunately for us, Mayfield does have a penchant for turnovers. I think we'll be in a closer game but I don't think we're good enough to win.

The Browns are (after the Ravens) the best running team in the NFL.  Baker is deadly accurate when he gets time.  The defense will hang tough, but Haskins will start slow as usual and put us in a bind,

We can beat the Browns.  We can beat most non elite NFL teams so long as we control the pace of the game and win the turnover battle.  Going down 17-0 or more because of dumb ST and RZ turnovers is a near impossible hole to climb out vs even the weakest opposition.

The only strength we have (and its a very big strength) is the D line and we have to put them in position to pin their ears back and create havoc.

Hopefully Ron can get the boys to tighten the belt next week!

HTTWFT

30 minutes ago, FedexFieldIsAJoke said:

We can beat the Browns.  We can beat most non elite NFL teams so long as we control the pace of the game and win the turnover battle.  Going down 17-0 or more because of dumb ST and RZ turnovers is a near impossible hole to climb out vs even the weakest opposition.

The only strength we have (and its a very big strength) is the D line and we have to put them in position to pin their ears back and create havoc.

Hopefully Ron can get the boys to tighten the belt next week!

HTTWFT

I think all our wins hinge on d-line and who we match up against. If the o-line is weak and the qb isn't an elite scrambler we can stay close.

• Like 1