Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ Washington @ Arizona

Just now, Mpvanskins said:

I hope everyone in post game admits that they sucked and need to get better, no sugar coating a damn thing

Not to pat myself on the back but when everyone was fawning all over the team post eagles game I was trying to keep a level head and be realistic about what this team was. And it’s not great. 

1 minute ago, zskins said:

Then it should have been a shootout. Which it is not as you can see. 

I'm not sure you referencing the original point of this discussion.

To clarify: It very well may have been a shootout (or at least a more competitive game going into the second half) if we would have done what we have shown to be more productive with, which is, passing the ball.  

In short, the WFT would have had a much more productive output if they were more pass aggressive.   

That's all, not arguing.  👍

Just now, dc1 said:

I'm not sure you referencing the original point of this discussion.

To clarify: It very well may have been a shootout (or at least a more competitive game going into the second half) if we would have done what we have shown to be more productive with, which is, passing the ball.  

In short, the WFT would have had a much more productive output if they were more pass aggressive.   

That's all, not arguing.  👍

Point taken. But with Haskins you are not going to get much in throwing part of the offense. That is what I was trying to elude to. ;)

I expect rivera to give these guys a talk like they're not used to hearing after a loss.  I don't mean aggressive mean coach talk, but a talk from a coach you actually believe in.  The loss talk was coming eventually.  I think we're in a good place going forward.

Another observation from this game and the season thus far is that our Defense, while amazing on paper, is not that good in action.  Last week, I feel is a mirage and what we see today will be the norm against good teams.  Not helping them is an offense that did nothing for the first 3 quarters of the game and kept them on the field.  So, we are basically where we were last year with just a bit more upside on the defensive side of the ball than we have on the offensive side.  I have more hope for the defense under Jack D than I do with the offense being helmed by Haskins.  So basically all hope and enthusiasm from last week has been watered down with reality today.  We have a team somewhere between what we saw last week and what we see today.  A 8-8 at best I am thinking.  This is subject to change pending what miracles this coaching staff can manage over the course of this season.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Haskins smiling on the sideline. I hope they aren’t hanging their hat on those 15 points

I saw that too, I don’t expect them to be robots but damn, save it for after you go to the locker room