Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ Washington @ Arizona

I like that we aren't terrible in the second half of games and keep fighting even when things look rough. 

But we aren't going to be good in the first half without a QB or OL.

5 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Defense looks so much better this half and it was already decent in the first. A couple scoring drives and no turnovers makes all the difference.

I think we'll play better 2nd half of the year. We have 35 players on rookie contracts--most in the NFL. That means we have just 18 players with more than 4-5 yrs of experience. This season is about evaluating.

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

I think we'll play better 2nd half of the year. We have 35 players on rookie contracts--most in the NFL. That means we have just 18 players with more than 4-5 yrs of experience. This season is about evaluating.

very good point. Need to keep building the right way. 

Just now, dc1 said:

This is what we should be doing from the start.  Attack attack ..attack!! 

I agree.  I think they’re trying to protect Haskins, and they shouldn’t.  Just go full throttle from the beginning.

the problem with a conservative approach is you limit your margin of error. 

• Like 2
Just now, mhd24 said:

I'm about 80% there on Haskins.  I don't see the accuracy and touch.  I mean he just misses a WIDE OPEN Inman on a deep in.

I am with you on that, maybe more 85-90% for me.  He misses wide open guys, he doesn't even see some guys that are open and when he does make a completion it is generally a good catch made by the WR.  I mean I hope he makes drastic improvements, but I just don't feel he will.  We will get dreadful games mixed with pretty good games all season.  

Games like this from Haskins is the reason why many experts expect Washington to be drafting in the top 5.  As such, drafting a potential franchise QB is not out of the question yet, because there are not many wins to be anticipated on Washington's schedule.  Let's hope the lights come on for Haskins making the drafting of another QB unnecessary, but it doesn't look promising right now.