Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ Washington @ Arizona

3 minutes ago, London Kev said:

Anyone else think that the O-line is playing better since Scherff went off?

It actually looks like they changed the gameplan to be quick hitters... (Which they should have been doing anyways, but I digress). I don't think the line is necessarily playing better. Arizona is also easing off the gas a little on defense instinctively. But yes, it has been better. Which isn't saying a whole lot :ols:

• Like 1

The more I watch Haskins, the more he just seems overwhelmed by it all.  He throws like he is anxious all the time and has no pocket awareness.  I get we have a below average line, but he come on.  I have seen worse lines with better QBs make plays happen.  From what I have seen, he has no ability to make a play happen.  He needs everything to be perfect around him, meaning he needs a wide open receiver and about 5 seconds in the pocket to be at his best or he needs to roll out and throw.  He has a cannon, no doubt, but if the shot fired never hits its target, who cares how far it went?  Maybe he can learn and get better, but I have seen no sign of moving in that direction since last season.  Time will tell, but I don't feel much will change.  For the record, I am a life long REDSKINS fan of almost 45 years.  I have seen QBs come on and go.  I have to agree with other posters...Haskins does not have "it".  At least he doesn't appear to now.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, London Kev said:

Anyone else think that the O-line is playing better since Scherff went off?

The team plays better as game goes on because of adjustments.  This game it was too much water in the boat, thats gonna happen.  When he went out, had no choice but to try something different.  Someone pointed out slants a second ago.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, redskins59 said:

Notice that the defense cannot stop anything write now...would like to see Haskins and see what he can do next.  

Yeah we should give Haskins a chance, see what he can do with this offense 

Just now, SpacePenguin said:

. I really liked O'Connell's offense more, tbh.

Had the feeling that going with Turner might have been a mistake, but we'll see. Its been 2 games with the single worst left side of the line in the NFL, possibly in years.

Even Rivera was saying during camp that results are secondary to good decisions and competent football. Wins will follow that. Im giving this team a long leash. We are 2 years away.

Just now, mhd24 said:

The only time Haskins looks good is throwing inside the hashes on slants.  Problem is that defense will scheme that away and force outs.  Haskins hasn't shown he can throw outs in the NFL.  He was too inaccurate outside the numbers.

Out plays take longer to develop. We haven't had the time to even make the evaluation.   It's part of the reason why we tried to establish the running game.

At some point we need to keep killing the inside until the pressure is eased.  At some point the WFT will need to dictate with what they can do best.

1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

It seems like this offense forgets it has McLaurin at times. Crazy how he isn't utilized more. 

Defense trying to take him out the game like they did Moss back in the day.

• Like 1

Thing about Murray is he is very early-career Russell Wilson like.  His athleticism and rushing ability are likely going to get the Cardinals some wins that his passing ability alone would not, but it will be up to him to continue to work at pocket passing and avoid getting too beat up with all the rushing.  It is still too early to make a judgement on Murray as far as what to expect 3-4 seasons from now.  

We have the same problem as other teams.  Do we have a franchise QB.  Developing an Oline and getting more skill players just means we get to the playoffs maybe.  Advancing out of the first round means a quality QB.  SO, Haskings?

Just now, JSSkinz said:

This commentator is making me sick with the gushing over Murray.

Good job by the D, again.

On that one scramble, he was talking like Murray broke a 40 yard run and he barely got past the line of scrimmage.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Dirt said:

Team needs to develop an offense from the ground up.  Hard to tell if they've started that yet, just going with what they have or what, but I believe the new coaches are planning to.  This year is preseason as far as offense is concerned.  In the meantime....play action throw towards terry?...we got nothin 

COVID killing the entire offseason program did not help the offense.  It didn’t hurt the D as much because it has a lot more talent.  

My guess is this whole thing is blown up on the off season but we’re literally not even through week 2, so there’s a lot of time between now and free agency/the draft. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I dont know, we’re the Washington football team 😂 i do hope we can find out how it feels. In like, 5 years 

You're reaching if you are looking for an undisputed QB for five plus years. The last time we had one of those was Joey T.

• Thanks 1