Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ Washington @ Arizona

Just now, redskins59 said:

Besides Mclaurin, all the other receivers are garbage.  Find ways to get him open even if he's the only good player.

I think Sims will make a solid #3 slot/gadget type WR. He can't be one of your reliable top 2 guys but he'd be excellent in that 3rd role. Think Jamison Crowder in 2016 when we had Garcon and D Jax.

What we really need is an OL and a TE. And of course, for Haskins to continue to develop(and if not, then obviously QB as well).

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

I will also say we wasted an entire year figuring out what he was last year.  He was ignored for the first 6-8 months, essentially, and then put into a position to play late by Callahan when he probably wasn't ready.

Then he was asked to pick up a new system in an offseason without any practices.

His OL is swiss cheese and his weapons are dull knives.

There's also a lot working against him.

The question really is, is he the victim of circumstance, and can he pull himself out of it, or is he who he is.  

And honestly, I have no idea.  I am hoping to know more by the end of the year.  For sure, Rivera is going to make a decision by the end of the year because he's not going to go through this again.  

I am not out on Haskins.   I agree with most of this. I watched him closely in camp last year and his accuracy was erratic at best. I can’t put that on Jay or Callahan especially because those issues have lingered still. He has some stuff to work on IMO. He either works the kinks out or doesn’t. Like u I wouldn’t bet on him or against him. I am completely on the fence. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, alwaysaskin said:

No he wasn’t and you know it, damn near played himself out of the league 

This is what it’s come to?  Who is better - Cousins v Haskins?  

Just now, carex said:

they're totally different athletes and should not be compared

He's easily the worst athlete amongst the QBs in our division.  Dak and Jones blow him away in athleticism, and I'd rather have Wentz (even post surgery) as a runner vs Haskins.

2 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I saw that too.

idk if he's tunnel visioning inside the numbers/middle of the field because he's not comfortable with those outside throws, but his backs have been leaking out and he's missed them. im sure Terry is read 1, but goodness.

Just now, mhd24 said:

The only time Haskins looks good is throwing inside the hashes on slants.  Problem is that defense will scheme that away and force outs.  Haskins hasn't shown he can throw outs in the NFL.  He was too inaccurate outside the numbers.

I'm no huge fan of haskins, but last season he was hitting relatively consistently on deep ins and crossers as well.

In THIS offense, all he seems to be able to hit is slants. Whether the playcalling is like this due to piss poor protection or it's just the scheme, I'm not sure. Probably a bit of both. I really liked O'Connell's offense more, tbh.

• Like 2
Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Does he?

He does. Inman is the Brian Quick of our team. He is older, his better days are behind him, and his better days weren't particularly good days. If we're going to go with an old receiver, I'd rather have someone with a better track record.

2 minutes ago, alwaysaskin said:

No he wasn’t and you know it, damn near played himself out of the league 

wut? When? Cousins came in and looked like a professional immediately imo. Made some mistakes but your recollection is that he came off the bench and almost played himself out of the league?? It was the opposite, people were actually pissed and wondered why the Shanahan’s had basically a whole part of the playbook they weren’t “letting” Griffin run (little did we know his limitations and issues during his magical rookie year). 

Team needs to develop an offense from the ground up.  Hard to tell if they've started that yet, just going with what they have or what, but I believe the new coaches are planning to.  This year is preseason as far as offense is concerned.  In the meantime....play action throw towards terry?...we got nothin 

Just now, joeken24 said:

You argument is off. Haskins does not hit open receivers. That's his problem. Point blank. He is so inconsistent, its maddening. Pro QB, have to be accurate.

I played WR and RB in my day. I'd be pissed right about now at how many times I would have been open only to see the ball sail or be out of reach because Haskins is worried about his feet or throwing motion or some ****. Just get me the ****ing ball bro! ****!

Ok great but let’s be honest that 1) our receivers not named Terry are not getting open and 2) they have dropped passes that have hit them in the hands. 

Both things have happened today. Focusing on Haskins is fine. I’m not saying he’s playing well. I’m saying he would look better with better receivers. That’s not hard to get or is it even controversial. I’m saying the guy needs better receivers lol