Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ Washington @ Arizona

Just now, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

....honestly there’s no hard evidence that he’s better than Allen. He just has more status because he’s a first round pick. Allen’s stats are better 

Rivera isn’t putting his career on the lesser option. Talent is a seductive whore.

• Like 3
Just now, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

....honestly there’s no hard evidence that he’s better than Allen. He just has more status because he’s a first round pick. Allen’s stats are better 

The coaches would have started their guy if he was better. We both know that. They owe Haskins jack and **** total. 

Most people view him as the worst starting QB in the game. They would not stick with that if they didn’t think the other guy was just as bad or worse. 

Just now, NoCalMike said:

I am already having day time nightmares about Terry McLaurin beast-ing it out for another NFC East team in a few seaons.

Eagles or Cowboys?

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Could be worse, we could be the Falcons...or the Eagles.

Or the Giants. Saquad tore his ACL today. 

Whole NFCE is garbage except for Dallas, and even they have some glaring weaknesses. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Sip, I would like to nominate myself as the most critical ESer of our Oline. I was the most critical of DH, before he was ours, but I made my DH concerns plenty clear before, and now 🤷🏻‍♂️ I hope for development... development that requires more on the line. I’ve advocated for taking interior lineman in the first, just take the best OL with every pick and you’ll be iiiight. Teams with elite OLs tend not to be all that bad.

I think I am in the same camp as both of you. I think all of us didn't like our OL, weren't sure on Haskins but were open (and still are to an extent).

• Like 1
Just now, ClaytoAli said:

Training camp

This year’s TC was a bit of an oddball one. No one, including the team, got to see the QB’s play against any actual competition. Haskins got the start because he was the #1 pick and Allen was traded here. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, ntotoro said:

How much time is acceptable? He’s never gonna’ get a 4-5 second pocket. No QB does. He’s missing the longer chances he does get and is still throwing off his back foot. He’s not even good at finding more time.

Well, not getting immediate pressure would be a start. 

The key is being able to at least have the time to let the route develop so you can throw on time.  See, here's the thing, there are 3 pieces to a pass play:

1. The route combination, and when the receivers are in position to expect the ball.

2. The protection, which is supposed to allow #1 to happen

3. The QB throwing the ball on time and on rhythm.  If the pressure gets there before the receiver is ready, then you can't throw it, even if you want to.  

So, the question is, what's the actual problem?   

1. Are the pass-catchers not getting open when they are supposed to?

2. Is the protection breaking down before it needs to in the context of the play?

3. Are both of the things happening and Haskins is holding the ball or not reading the play correctly?

Or, in my best judgement, a combination of all 3. I think something wrong happens on every play.  It's not always the same culprit.  

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Oh no, no no nooo lol. He said more than that. I need to go find that quote/tweet before I grab my pickaxe and some kerosene 

I listen to his show daily.  I think he's somewhat high on Haskins, but he's not at a Kirk Cousins level of love for the guy.  

Just now, KDawg said:

I think I am in the same camp as both of you. I think all of us didn't like our OL, weren't sure on Haskins but were open (and still are to an extent).

I honestly didn’t think the online was this bad. I don’t expect much from Haskins other than growth and obviously I’m not expecting to see that 2 games in. 

The TE/WRs have seriously disappointed me though. I don’t know what I expected, but it wasn’t this.

3 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

This year’s TC was a bit of an oddball one. No one, including the team, got to see the QB’s play against any actual competition. Haskins got the start because he was the #1 pick and Allen was traded here. 

Nope