Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ Washington @ Arizona

TK

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So here’s the question we’re going to have to answer with Haskins: how much is him, how much is the OL and how much is the receivers.  

I posted this in the league game day thread: if you look at a good QB, if they have time, and a guy is open, it’s absolutely automatic and looks so easy.  

NOTHING with Haskins looks easy.  Even the easy passes are an adventure. 

But he’s getting contact at 2.5 seconds repeatedly. The OL is horrendous.  And his weapons are very average at best. 

I think it is a mix of both. I honestly don't see any QB having sustained success behind this O-line, but that doesn't also mean Haskins would be good if they were better.  He just doesn't have that look/feel to him that most young QBs do.  I am not concerned with wins at all at this point, but Haskins is too big of a project to have been putting the marbles in the basket for.   When the 49ers drafted a QB like Kap, he was not drafted to start, possibly ever.  He was there as a short term solution if needed.  Harbaugh made the mistake of being enamored with the flash and read option potential because it was very prominent in that 2012 draft class.  Once Alex was healthy he should have gone back to being a starter on that team and they likely are SB winners in 2013.    Haskins had no business being drafted be a franchise QB from the get-go.  He should have been drafted by a team in the late rounds, stashed away on the depth chart, brought along slowly, and when an opportunity came along, let him have his shot.  This organization does everything backwards.

The hope now is that Rivera has the pull with Snyder to tell them face to face that Haskins is not the answer, and they can't afford to bring him along slowly (as the starter) for another two seasons. 

Sip, I would like to nominate myself as the most critical ESer of our Oline. I was the most critical of DH, before he was ours, but I made my DH concerns plenty clear before, and now 🤷🏻‍♂️ I hope for development... development that requires more on the line. I’ve advocated for taking interior lineman in the first, just take the best OL with every pick and you’ll be iiiight. Teams with elite OLs tend not to be all that bad.

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So here’s the question we’re going to have to answer with Haskins: how much is him, how much is the OL and how much is the receivers.  

I posted this in the league game day thread: if you look at a good QB, if they have time, and a guy is open, it’s absolutely automatic and looks so easy.  

NOTHING with Haskins looks easy.  Even the easy passes are an adventure. 

But he’s getting contact at 2.5 seconds repeatedly. The OL is horrendous.  And his weapons are very average at best. 

How much time is acceptable? He’s never gonna’ get a 4-5 second pocket. No QB does. He’s missing the longer chances he does get and is still throwing off his back foot. He’s not even good at finding more time.

2 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Don't have a problem with rebuilding. But a professional QB has to be able to hit open receivers. That is not happening at all. I'd be ok if that was happening.

At this point he looks like he's pointing the ball. Sorry dude. Rebuilding starts with at least promise at the QB position. Mind you, the QB on the other side has the same amount of time in the league.

You do realize that he beat out what we have at QB. Don’t know what you mean by pro.... he’s better than a few starting QBs

5 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Where do we go to dunk on Kevin Sheehan? Didn't he say Haskins was gonna be awesome this year?

Eh, I wouldn't go that far.  He said he thought Haskins showed promise, and liked his competitiveness, and looked like he was progressing. 

I don't think he ever said he would be awesome this year.

Now, if you want to go dunk on Kevin, his adopted son Kirk Cousins, who he loves more than his 3 actual sons, was 11/26, 113 yards, 3 INTs, and was sacked for a safety.  If you want to dunk on him, that's probably what you should go after. 

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Bruh reality is that Haskins is the best QB on the squad rather we like it or not. There is no good help coming this season. Either he loses or he wins, but regardless we are stuck watching him or Allen. Or Smith for a drive and we will all regret the end of that. 

....honestly there’s no hard evidence that he’s better than Allen. He just has more status because he’s a first round pick. Allen’s stats are better 

4 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Don't have a problem with rebuilding. But a professional QB has to be able to hit open receivers. That is not happening at all. I'd be ok if that was happening.

At this point he looks like he's pointing the ball. Sorry dude. Rebuilding starts with at least promise at the QB position. Mind you, the QB on the other side has the same amount of time in the league.

There was no qb to draft this year. We will draft one next year. 

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Eh, I wouldn't go that far.  He said he thought Haskins showed promise, and liked his competitiveness, and looked like he was progressing. 

I don't think he ever said he would be awesome this year.

Now, if you want to go dunk on Kevin, his adopted son Kirk Cousins, who he loves more than his 3 actual sons, was 11/26, 113 yards, 3 INTs, and was sacked for a safety.  If you want to dunk on him, that's probably what you should go after. 

Oh no, no no nooo lol. He said more than that. I need to go find that quote/tweet before I grab my pickaxe and some kerosene 

Archived