Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ Washington @ Arizona

TK

no dominating o-line talent, 1 starting WR, no TE1, unproven RBs and a still learning QB. we just need to come to terms that this team isnt going far this year. idk what last week but we're getting exposed for the real team we are. offense will be a struggle all year.

i can only hope we grow, offense gels and DH evolves and improves each game. it sucks because i feel like we'd have a better idea of his talent/potential if he had a real o-line and actual offensive weapons. but he's handicapped on multiple levels so his play follows. he can only do so much. but he also needs to make the simple/easy throws/plays. his accuracy has been suspect again today. and ran into some sacks.

but this year was shot from camp. just play with some heart and look competent, thats all i ask.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

On the draft thread, I've been on board with using both the first and 2nd round picks on the O line in 2021.  I called it the code red position on this team before the season started.  You've trashed the LBs more than anyone here.  I'd hazard a guess I might have trashed the O line the most especially this off season but I know you and plenty of others shared that concern.

Haskins to me looks bad today with time or without time.  He didn't look hot in game 1, too IMO but was better.  Will see if they wake up like last week in the 2nd half.

The team seemed a bit chesty after last week's win.  Maybe they needed a bit of an undressing to get them going or so is my hope.  😀

I strongly believe that the defense needs linebackers to be truly effective. a FS would be a big help. They can give the team a chance with just a strong DL. With linebackers that are above average this defense turns into a monster.

The offense needs 3-4 OL starters (LT, LG, C and RG... I can't believe Moses is the part of the OL I'm most confident in, but he is... and I think he's okay for a few years over there.)

The offense needs a #2 receiver and a slot receiver.

The offense needs a quarterback (potentially).

The offense needs a tight end. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Where do we go to dunk on Kevin Sheehan? Didn't he say Haskins was gonna be awesome this year?

He's 9-16 for 66 yards in the first half. What more do you want? A TD? Two TDs? 

I swear, some of you guys have unrealistic expectations. 

12 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Okay, I'm not usually the type to go on rants like this...

But are you guys even watching this team? Or do you come at things completely from a fantasy perspective?

How do you think a NEW rookie QB is going to do behind this offensive line, MINUS Scherff? You think we're going to sprinkle some magic dust on the line and its going to be good?

How can ANYONE advocate for upgrading so many positions and neglect the line? 

I can't even begin to understand how someone goes through this thought process.

Yeah, lets draft a rookie QB, spend money on secondary and receivers... and lets leave the line exactly the same.

C'mon, guys. C'mon.

I know the line isn't sexy. I know it's boring. I know it doesn't show up on the stat sheet. But how can you watch this team and come to the conclusion that OL isn't one of the absolute largest changes that this team needs to be focused on? Sure, you are probably implying that they should fix that, too, but prioritize the other stuff.

But even then... It's wrong. Fix the ****ing line. Then worry about the rest.

It doesn’t really matter, Arizona’s line sucks. Murray is still able to make plays. Spend the money and on the line if we still have Haskins it doesn’t matter. 

2 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Dude you literally did this same thing for RG3. Lol 

Keep fighting the good fight while we stick in reality 

Bruh reality is that Haskins is the best QB on the squad rather we like it or not. There is no good help coming this season. Either he loses or he wins, but regardless we are stuck watching him or Allen. Or Smith for a drive and we will all regret the end of that. 

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So here’s the question we’re going to have to answer with Haskins: how much is him, how much is the OL and how much is the receivers.  

I posted this in the league game day thread: if you look at a good QB, if they have time, and a guy is open, it’s absolutely automatic and looks so easy.  

NOTHING with Haskins looks easy.  Even the easy passes are an adventure. 

But he’s getting contact at 2.5 seconds repeatedly. The OL is horrendous.  And his weapons are very average at best. 

By the time the offensive personnel is NFL level, he'll have already been ruined by what we have now. So I'm not sure if even matters if it's just him being awful, or the line being awful or, more likely, a combination of both.

The end result will be the same.

Just now, ExoDus84 said:

He's 9-16 for 66 yards in the first half. What more do you want? A TD? Two TDs? 

I swear, some of you guys have unrealistic expectations. 

Curious... Is that a good stat line to you? Because that's just about the worst point you can make for Haskins.

"To be fair, the OL has been terrible and Haskins seems like he doesn't know whether to take off and run, throw it away or just fall and cower in fear" is a good defense.

9/16 for 66 yards is not. 

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I strongly believe that the defense needs linebackers to be truly effective. a FS would be a big help. They can give the team a chance with just a strong DL. With linebackers that are above average this defense turns into a monster.

The offense needs 3-4 OL starters (LT, LG, C and RG... I can't believe Moses is the part of the OL I'm most confident in, but he is... and I think he's okay for a few years over there.)

The offense needs a #2 receiver and a slot receiver.

The offense needs a quarterback (potentially).

The offense needs a tight end. 

But other than THAT, we are set!

22 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

we are rebuilding guys, remember that. I know its hard because we have beem stuck in suck for so long

Don't have a problem with rebuilding. But a professional QB has to be able to hit open receivers. That is not happening at all. I'd be ok if that was happening.

At this point he looks like he's pointing the ball. Sorry dude. Rebuilding starts with at least promise at the QB position. Mind you, the QB on the other side has the same amount of time in the league.

Archived