Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ Washington @ Arizona

TK

Just now, Sticksboi05 said:

The excuses are already excessive. I don't expect Haskins to look like 2012 RGIII but you have to make simple 2 yard slants. His accuracy is terrible and that's about the most important thing in a QB along with vision.

I have never thought he was the guy and every game I feel more confident GRANTED he also has a trash offensive line and one above average weapon.

You're not wrong. Haskins clearly doesn't have that elite pedigree you'd like to see. I think that much is clear. Elite QBs make that throw even with pressure.

But we can't judge him as being an acceptable QB or not... This is one of the worst lines I have ever seen in my life. And I have seen a lot of lines at various levels of football. 

Trying to stay positive on Haskins is easier when not watching him play.  You can talk yourself into stuff with him, focus on a few highlights and some positive spin, but on game day it’s harder to do.  There are just too many bad plays.

Apke doing his part to distract from the offenses shortcomings.

Just now, Capsman said:

I’ve really seen enough of Haskins to know he’s not our future.  If he has a complete team around him he could be a game manager I suppose.  

Me too. I'm done. There is just no time to wait for flashes. Strong inaccurate arm is like a pitcher that throws 100 but can't find the strike zone.

I don't give a ****! I really have not seen anything this year that gives me any confidence when he goes back to pass. You can not lead if you are not balling.

9 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Eh.  I like their chances of you make the cards go the entire length of the field.

They've scored on two very short fields.  

When they start in their own territory, the D has stopped them both times. 

The only thing stopping the Cardinals - is the Cardinals.

I’ve disliked seeing us run on 2nd and long after passing on 1st down. It’s the worst sequence in football, and only Gibson has surprisingly made it look viable so far today. Turner needs to know better than consistently running on 2nd and long just bc 1st down was an incomplete pass, it’s proven to be terrible. He’s a frontrunner on early down passing, motion, and PA passing so I didn’t expect to see so much of this. If he keeps passing on 1st down and then running on 2nd and long that’s going to really short circuit any chance we have of surprising teams with what I thought was his progressive offensive philosophies.

The OL, WRs, and QB aren’t helping the situation either lol

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

You're not wrong. Haskins clearly doesn't have that elite pedigree you'd like to see. I think that much is clear. Elite QBs make that throw even with pressure.

But we can't judge him as being an acceptable QB or not... This is one of the worst lines I have ever seen in my life. And I have seen a lot of lines at various levels of football. 

Under pressure and the WR had both hands on the ball.  Have to make that catch.  

1 minute ago, SpacePenguin said:

I'm not saying the line is good, but it's pretty much the same as last season. At least they were moving the ball towards the end of the year. To throw away continuity for this....I know it's apparently a taboo word..... but it's pretty Redskins.

It's far worse than last season. Christian is a downgrade from Penn. Martin is a downgrade from Flowers. Scherff is a downgrade from 2019 Scherff who was a downgrade from 2018 Scherff. 

This is a new continuity and its free of any major remnants of the Bruce Allen era.

I have a hard time being too angry with any of this. But the offensive line is such a major issue. 

Archived