Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN Reporting that RBG Has Passed

Corcaigh

2 minutes ago, Koala said:

Its not keyboard jockey ****.  Thats loser talk.  Republicans are literally preparing for war.  Sending 17 year old kids out to shoot demonstrators, and then making him a hero means they are preparing for war.  But thats not even what I was really getting at, I was getting at level of seriousness/preparedness for whats coming.  Its serious.  Save me the moral high-ground B.S., lemme guess you're a twenty something political science major, pontificating on what the world should be like.  I recognize that.  I used to be that.  Grow up.

2 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

I think you're talking about this one. I saw it too and thought it was interesting.

Why not?  I dunno whats considered so 'holy' about the number 9.  Or any number, for that matter.  I mean, at some point, too judges is just going to be inefficient, and guess what, we can reduce that number if that happens.  Nothing has to be set in stone, the only constant in this world is change.  

22 minutes ago, Koala said:

Thank you Jumbo, your last line appropriately sums up what Im trying to say.  I think at this point, the Republicans have clearly brought this down to the sewer level, so its time get dirty and fight.  Thats all Im trying to say, less eloquently than you.  

well, how you 'say' things does matter...i had been more inclined to sympathize with your critics becuase of how you expressed things...word choice is a blade that cuts in all directions so i try to make any slicing and dicing i do to myself or others intentional :P

p.s.---in fact, i juts now saw some stuff quoted in a post of yours i'd missed that could get you a ban for a rule 5 violation quite easily

so now i'll add be more careful about your word choice for sure....you have made some "animated" posts in your history :) 

2 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

well, how you 'say' things does matter...i had been more inclined to sympathize with your critics becuase of how you expressed things...word choice is a blade that cuts in all directions so i try to make any slicing and dicing i do to myself or others intentional :P

Probably, but I think sometimes choice words have their place.  In the end, you agreed with me, you just didnt like the person saying it (me).  Which is the intended affect.  I dont want you to like having to fight dirty, and I want you to associate people who call for this with a negative feeling -- for later, after the victory, so that we remember to re-set the atmosphere to more civil conditions.  But, thats later.  The first step to fighting dirty, is to realize that you're getting dirty.  Youre not supposed to like it, but you gotta recognize it.  Remember the distaste, once you achieve victory, and become something better once victorious, God-willing.  

Just now, Koala said:

Probably, but I think sometimes choice words have their place.  In the end, you agreed with me, you just didnt like the person saying it (me).  

awesome but not surprising ---an immediate response going in exactly the opposite direction of what i advised about careful word choice

first, it's not an accurate reading or analysis of my comment, second i didn't agree with your comments, and you add assumptions and mind-reading and made it personal about you

---ooops---now you sent me a dumbass snarky pm while i'm trying to respond and that alone could also get you banned---and now you've already posted again, all before i can even finish this post...and i see you realize you're a dick sometimes...i'm going to give you some time off to work on all that :) 

41 minutes ago, Koala said:

Its not keyboard jockey ****.  Thats loser talk.  Republicans are literally preparing for war.  Sending 17 year old kids out to shoot demonstrators, and then making him a hero means they are preparing for war.  But thats not even what I was really getting at, I was getting at level of seriousness/preparedness for whats coming.  Its serious.  Save me the moral high-ground B.S., lemme guess you're a twenty something political science major, pontificating on what the world should be like.  I recognize that.  I used to be that.  But the world isnt what we want it to be, and sometimes we gotta do things we dont want to do, in order to get it to be what we want it to be.  

Now, I expect everybody to be guided by some sort of internal ethical compass.  I actually have a pretty strong one,  God-willing, and its mostly drawn from my religion.  I dont care where you draw yours from, but I strongly suggest that it be based upon reality, experience, or the experiences of others.  The last thing it should be based on is some Aaron Sorkin-like fantasy, or whatever the Republicans are suggestings Democrats should be like.  

I'm sorry, but this has me laughing. So what's coming?

What is the goal of your comments/rants?

5 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I'm sorry, but this has me laughing. So what's coming?

What is the goal of your comments/rants?

i'm sorry, he can't reply until next week

just another lefty being repressed (they count too, just like real people) 

58 minutes ago, Koala said:

Its not keyboard jockey ****.  Thats loser talk.  Republicans are literally preparing for war.  Sending 17 year old kids out to shoot demonstrators, and then making him a hero means they are preparing for war.  But thats not even what I was really getting at, I was getting at level of seriousness/preparedness for whats coming.  Its serious.  Save me the moral high-ground B.S., lemme guess you're a twenty something political science major, pontificating on what the world should be like.  I recognize that.  I used to be that.  Grow up.

Now, I expect everybody to be guided by some sort of internal ethical compass.  I actually have a pretty strong one,  God-willing, and its mostly drawn from my religion.  I dont care where you draw yours from, but I strongly suggest that it be based upon reality, experience, or the experiences of others.  The last thing it should be based on is some Aaron Sorkin-like fantasy, or whatever the Republicans are suggestings Democrats should be like.  

Look, I'm not trying to be harsh but it is keyboard jockey talk, because you are not threading the needle right on something we can't afford to get wrong. And your response to Jumbo still shows you are getting it wrong. Most people do.

I'm actually 37 and would have ended up being a govt. major and probably a damn good lawyer if I didn't go to federal prison back in 06. I've seen and lived with some of the most dark and violent people possible like an MS-13 shot-caller who shot this kid 7-8 times and cut his head off or this piece of **** dude in there for raping his 4 year old daughter or all the other killers and shooters I did time with like the Puerto Rican kid who shot the real 50 cent (not the rapper). I am very well experienced with darkness and violence and brutality, but I've also worked my ass off to know honor, integrity, and character.

That work and that deep experience with both sides of light and dark, affords a person the chance to be someone who can go both darker and lighter than most. A person who can superimpose and stay connected to the qualities of both so one can be dark with light integrity and character, and light with a dark edge and resiliency for the cancerous people who can't protect trust and love.

Darkness alone doesn't impress me and it shouldn't impress you either. it's weakness and boils down to, because the world hurt me, that justifies me to be a monster and be just as ****ty and weak as the people who came before me. **** that, we can be strong enough to be hurt, but still have the mind to hold onto principle and betterment, while containing or destroying cancerous people who refuse to change.

@Jumbo I didn't see your previous back and forth with Koala before posting this. If the above is off-topic, I will delete and I apologize for starting off my initial post to him with words that were more inflammatory than they could have been.

Edited by Fresh8686
  • Like 2

let's all focus back on the topic...my dark call remains the same from my first thoughts on it...this is pretty cut and dry afaic and will all be done very quickly and there's no stopping it...as to recourse to moderate that specific event, it appear expansion of the sc is the only even remotely possible suggestion so far on the table, and that obviously is after the election, and only if that goes the way non-trumpers want

• Like 1

What will the Democrats who want end of Legislative Filibuster and Court Packing and Statehood for Dc and PR do if it goes the opposite way? President Trump wins re election the Republicans keep the Senate and retake the House. Then the Republicans go ok we will end the Filibuster, Then The Senate and President Trump say we will pack the Court and find places with republican Majorities in Democrat States and Grant them Statehood and The Republicans add seats in the House and Senate. 

The Republicans could just say trying to honor wishes the Democrats wanted.