Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2 hours ago, Vanguard said:

I have a nickname for the D, it was used back in 1972, but Kerrigan says pump the breaks on a nickname so I’ll wait.

Sorry, but I think I may have already spoiled your surprise.

Edited by Number 44
  • Haha 1
14 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

I am still curious to watch/listen over the next 24/48 hours to the folks that break down film, to show us what changed exactly.   Early on the D-line was not getting a ton of penetration.  Wentz was sitting back and connecting deep.  At 0-17, there was really no reason to things would not only flip 180, but enough so that there was any prayer of coming back from that deficit.  When it was 17-10, I still had little hope, I just was happy they were making things look semi-competitive but expected

a 31-21 type Eagles win.

Was there was Week 1 fatigue setting in for Eagles O-line?  

Wow,

For one Young switched to the right side.  Started on the left.  

It just occurred to me that the Team may have really benefited by not playing in front of a crowd yesterday. Would they have rebounded if they were booed out of the stadium after the first quarter or most of the first half? Would it have sapped anything from the will or self belief? Part of me thinks it wouldn't, but I wouldn't be surprised if after hearing a half hour of (bleep) directed their way with the degree of bad (bleeping) play they exhibited on offense and defense if the Team would have maintained their focus and fight as they did.

Sometimes, the twelfth man lifts you up and sometimes, they drag you down.

Oh and (bleep)! I just realized we are now guaranteed to be the NFC East Leader for the first two weeks of the season.

• Like 1

Getting the 1st win out of the way should be a huge confidence boost for this young team, especially for DH. Just let this defense eat and we should be in every game as long as we protect the football. DH was pretty bad with his accuracy yesterday and still found a way to get it done thanks to some great play calling. Can't wait for next week!

1 hour ago, Veretax said:

Wait... What did Doug Pedersen do that was disrespectful?

It was calling those time-outs just before the half when the Team had the ball.  He was basically saying he didn't think the Offense could move and the Defense could stop the Eagles. 

:229:The Rook

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

It just occurred to me that the Team may have really benefited by not playing in front of a crowd yesterday. Would they have rebounded if they were booed out of the stadium after the first quarter or most of the first half? Would it have sapped anything from the will or self belief? Part of me thinks it wouldn't, but I wouldn't be surprised if after hearing a half hour of (bleep) directed their way with the degree of bad (bleeping) play they exhibited on offense and defense if the Team would have maintained their focus and fight as they did.

Oh and (bleep)! I just realized we are now guaranteed to be the NFC East Leader for the first two weeks of the season.

Okay that's the second time I've seen guaranteed to be NFC division leaders after second week.. how?

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Okay that's the second time I've seen guaranteed to be NFC division leaders after second week.. how?

Even if the Giants win, WFT will be 1-0 in the Division.

36 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Well, it's contingent on the Giants losing tonight.

Dallas and Philly lost. Right now, they are 0-1. If they  win last week, they will be 1-1. If we win, we'll be 2-0. That's tops in the division. If we lose, we'll be 1-1 and tied for the lead. Given the division win, I think that puts us tops overall regardless.

Of course, the Giants have to fall to the Steelers for this to be true.

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

Well, it's contingent on the Giants losing tonight.

Dallas and Philly lost. Right now, they are 0-1. If they  win last week, they will be 1-1. If we win, we'll be 2-0. That's tops in the division. If we lose, we'll be 1-1 and tied for the lead. Given the division win, I think that puts us tops overall regardless.

Of course, the Giants have to fall to the Steelers for this to be true.

If they win last win?..the week that just passed..I'm confused here

52 minutes ago, The Rook said:

It was calling those time-outs just before the half when the Team had the ball.  He was basically saying he didn't think the Offense could move and the Defense could stop the Eagles. 

It's disrespectful for a coach to try to put a game away at halftime? If I were a coach leading 17-7 before halftime, I'd rev that ****er up and I'd expect Rivera to do the same. If you believe in your team, you go for it. Pederson believed in his team, I won't fault the man for trying.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

If they win last win?..the week that just passed..I'm confused here

NFL Week 1

Team                                                   Record                                            Division

Washington                                       1-0                                                      1-0

Dallas                                                  0-1                                                      0-0

Philadelphia                                       0-1                                                      0-1

NYG                                                    Inc                                                        Inc

Now, if Washington wins next week, the WFT will be 2-0. The best anyone else can get to is 1-1 unless the NYG beats Pittsburgh. So, at the moment, no NFC East team can get a better record than Washington next week with the exception of the Giants. If the Giants beat Pittsburgh, then there is a chance that they can be the sole NFC East leader after week two, but I'm assuming that they will lose tonight (or more specifically, I had read that they had lost yesterday.)

So, if NYG loses against the Steelers here are the best possible outcomes and worst possible out comes for  next week.

NFL Week 1                                                                                                                         Week 2

Team                                                   Record                                            Division              Best                             Worst               Division

Washington                                       1-0                                                      1-0                   2-0                              1-1                   1-0

Dallas                                                  0-1                                                      0-0                  0-2                                1-1                  0-0

Philadelphia                                       0-1                                                      0-1                  0-2                                1-1                   0-0

NYG                                                    Inc                                                        Inc                   0-2                                2-0                  0-0

While I picked us to win this game (see post in game prediction), 24-13 so slightly off.  I do think we need to temper our vision of this team.  We played the Eagles at the right time (no preseason games, lots of injuries). 

Dwayne played a good QB manager but he still has lots of room for improvement.  His throws in the first half were not good.  I think Turner can help him with calling plays that suit his ability (rolls outs, 2 step throws, screen plays).  Our secondary stepped up obviously because of our front 4.  How awesome was it that we could bring in a brand new fresh line with guys at different positions along the line.  I think Wentz got a bit of happy feet and that affected his throws. 

Not a big fan of McKissic except strictly as a 3rd down back and would love to see Bryce Love be activated and play in place of him.  We need someone who can run between the tackles and while I think AG will be a stud, he just doesn't have the experience. I like Peyton but he is very limited.  We need a guy on 1st and 2nd down that has the ability to break off some 20-25 yard runs.  Having an effective running game will only help Dwayne. 

Edited by skinsfan93
19 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Anyone else want to just flip off Doug Pederson and ask him how he feels now about his disrespectful BS he was doing during the game? 

My, this opening win is SWEET. 

Ok...I must have missed something...what did he do?

5 hours ago, Burgold said:

All thru the game I mused to myself how the canned response was better than anything the home crowd has mustered since 2012.

• Thanks 1
19 hours ago, Vanguard said:

I have a nickname for the D, it was used back in 1972, but Kerrigan says pump the breaks on a nickname so I’ll wait.

The defensive line is a worthy unit to bring back The Posse as a nickname.

It actually works better than with the receivers because the QB is a wanted man.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, michiskin said:

The defensive line is a worthy unit to bring back The Posse as a nickname.

It actually works better than with the receivers because the QB is a wanted man.

Funny you say this..my dad would always call the defense the posse..and I explained to him that the skins receivers back in the day were called the posse..so than he'd say cmom posse meet the new posse something like that lol

On 9/13/2020 at 4:34 PM, NoCalMike said:

I am still curious to watch/listen over the next 24/48 hours to the folks that break down film, to show us what changed exactly.   Early on the D-line was not getting a ton of penetration.  Wentz was sitting back and connecting deep.  At 0-17, there was really no reason to things would not only flip 180, but enough so that there was any prayer of coming back from that deficit.  When it was 17-10, I still had little hope, I just was happy they were making things look semi-competitive but expected

a 31-21 type Eagles win.

Was there was Week 1 fatigue setting in for Eagles O-line?  

Wow,

Watched the game again, looks like regression to the mean. On the FG drive's first play, if they have the TE run a different pattern, Wentz eats end zone. On the Dallas Goedart TD, they run two verts with one being covered by a LB and we put only one safety deep. In this situation, the TD is a given unless the QB or the receiver screw up. Later, they had a situation were a certain TD was not executed,

17 hours ago, Burgold said:

Well, when we were in the redzone those few times, we didnt have to use a silent count.... (then burn a timeout).  LOL!

And those times in the redzone, we scored TDs!  There's something different about this team.  Adult supervision on the sidelines makes a huge difference!