Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread (Same Day Edition): WFT vs. Eagles

KDawg

Watching the 17 point jump by the Eagles without the emotions getting in the way.  Drive one was would good but a few small errors by us helped big-time.  On the second drive, had the TE run a slightly longer developing route, Wentz would have been eating end zone dirt. After another mediocre run, Wentz turned a 3 and 7 into a much more manageable 3-2. Mostly dominated them except for Collins mistake and one big pass completion you could see that the Eagles were unable to stop our defense. Next possession, we pretty much dominated them. Fourth was due to inconsistency on our part. 

We have a division win, there are no NFC East division games next week, we are guaranteed to be leading the division for the next two weeks at least.

Get comfortable at the top of the division ladies and gentlemen, we will be here for a while.

Zombie does not have to arise tonight. Can just sit in his casket and chill

44 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

Looks more like he's doing his best Carson Wentz week 1 impression to me. What are you watching??

Watching a an make accurate throws even under pressure. 

Looks more like he's doing his best Carson Wentz week 1 impression to me. What are you watching??

Watching a QB make accurate throws even under pressure. 

Watching a QB make accurate throws even under pressure. 

Just now, FootballZombie said:

Jones was nice tonight... for the other team. Dudes picking up where he left off

Cant wait to play this guy and watch our D pad their stats

I'm worried they will pick up Trevor next yr

I think Jones has shown more than Haskins has.  Obviously the turnovers are a concern for Jones, but he has shown some serious flashes.  He's got that prototype delivery.  Hopefully Haskins can build off his win.

6 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

I think Jones has shown more than Haskins has.  Obviously the turnovers are a concern for Jones, but he has shown some serious flashes.  He's got that prototype delivery.  Hopefully Haskins can build off his win.

Haskins has shown he can be a viable starting QB in this league. He makes good choices and will rarely cost his team a game. Evident by his 4-5 record as a starter.

Jones on the other hand has not. Until he proves he can avoid leading the league in every turnover metric possible, he will never be even a decent QB in the NFL. He is 3-10 as starter now and will cost your team a game before he wins one for you.

Its not a good look when the opposition can straight up plan to collect several turnovers whenever they play a certain QB. TOs are the most important metric in deciding games, and this dude just gifts them to the other team. Playing against D Jones is like getting Xmas early

Man, it was crazy how many 3rd downs Wentz was able to manipulate with his snap count. It wasn’t just the three offsides, but he also used one on a 3rd down to get Moreland to jump and show he was blitzing. 

My dude KPL had a tough game. Got scored on twice, missed one interception, and then the one he did catch got negated by a ticky tacky neutral zone infraction. His first one, he over extended on his initial jam at the line and wasn’t square with Ertz or Goddert, can’t remember, which allowed him to get picked out of the play. Then that second score, he slowed his feet and allowed the TE to get past him and Apke did his usual first half slow to react thing. 

Guys were stiff and too in their heads in that first half. But I did like that we didn’t have a single holding penalty called on our o-line IIRC. I liked that 3rd and 2 play call in the red zone that schemed Logan Thomas wide open for our first TD. People were hating on Scott Turners play calling, but that one was nice. I also liked how we used tempo against the eagles and had them confused and chattering pre-snap. It feels like that always happened to us but we never imposed our will and pace on anybody. 

Archived