Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Football Team vs Eagles Game Day Thread

16 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Philly's non adjustments was baffling. Just let us tee off.

I'll take it. I had us winning

I don’t think they really could.

Oline was so decimated and they were down two key starters at the skill positions in Sanders and Jeffrey, it's tough to change too much because those players simply aren’t as multi dimensional. Just shrinks the game plan big time when you’re dealing with all those injuries. 

But the last thing we need to do is feel bad for them. We’ve dealt with injuries on an even worse scale for so long. Too bad, they lose, we win, eat it Eagles. :ols: 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

More post-game Eagles fan quotes from a message board:

“I was hopeful tbh. Thought maybe finally being healthy Carson would be good.  I was wrong. Everybody and their mother knew what the gameplan should be against Washington DL. This teams f'd. Too many years of bad drafting, inconsistent play from Wentz, constant injuries. Doug hasn't been able to put a good offensive game plan together since Reich left. We all saw it last year - and they did nothing about it“

”Talk about a heartless group. Coaches have been lazy since the SB win, team shuts it down today at halftime. Carson making the same stupid mistakes not throwing it away, Ertz with gator arms on 4th. Brutal start to the year and you give a division foe confidence they shouldn’t have. Weak.”

”Carson Wentz and Doug Pederson are now 14-14 in their 28 games together since the start of the 2018 season”

”Hmm, is Doug a fluke coach? Is Carson simply a mediocre QB who just happens to be big and athletic? 

Cuz we’ve been doing the exact same thing for 3 seasons now and literally nothing has changed. Are we the new Chargers?”

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

BTW, who was it a few months ago hoping Young would develop a spin move.  His first sack, that spin move!  Like he was born to do it.  Dude's RoboDE with no weakness to his game, 4.65 speed at 265 lbs and his name is, wait for it,

Chase

The only thing that's going to keep him from setting the all-time, NFL sacks record is Payne, Ionnaidis, Allen, Kerrigan, Sweat, and anyone else who puts their hand in the dirt on this team.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

We're not an expansion team, friend. Just the same team, in the same city, with a new name

Disagree the Redskins are dead, this is a new team. They have none of the history of our old team. Did the Expos get a World Series when Washington won because they are supposed to be the same franchise with a new name? NOPE! 

The Redskins were once great but they folded and now there is a ew team in Washington 

• Confused 4

All hail the new chief.  He adjusted by using a lot of hurry up after Haskins struggled to start. And he took Apke off the island and let the corners run deep to help him out. I am very happy wentz missed that deep ball late in the 2nd quarter.

• Like 4

Really great quotes from beat reporters during Hasksins post game interview on his halftime speech. He has really stepped things up, matured and taken the role of qb1. Loving his approach to this season so far. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Hdf561 said:

Disagree the Redskins are dead, this is a new team. They have none of the history of our old team. Did the Expos get a World Series when Washington won because they are supposed to be the same franchise with a new name? NOPE! 

The Redskins were once great but they folded and now there is a ew team in Washington 

You’re wrong but ok 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
48 minutes ago, Passizle said:

Crazy. Have the FB gods finally showing favor?

Well weve given them enough blood, ligaments, bones, and endzone fade routes over the last six years.

2 minutes ago, Hdf561 said:

Okay

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’d bring her back to host the pre/post shows in a heartbeat. I say this not having any idea what she’s been doing for the past decade

Same thing just in a different area. She was working for CSN Bay Area.

2 minutes ago, Hdf561 said:

They...have literally all of the history. Get over it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

Well weve given them enough blood, ligaments, bones, and endzone fade routes over the last six years.

Don't forget concussions!  Plus we kept Jay Gruden off welfare for a few years, so, yeah, time to collect.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

All hail the new chief.  He adjusted by using a lot of hurry up after Haskins struggled to start. And he took Apke off the island and let the corners run deep to help him out. I am very happy wentz missed that deep ball late in the 2nd quarter.

I can't believe we just outplayed a team in the second half. It's been years since we've done that. 

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

Followed the game on the computer without video. Can someone let me know why Curl was in the game? He played well. Did he replace Apke? 

He played some snaps at nickel. He had a good tackle for a loss on a swing pass

11 minutes ago, Hdf561 said:

Nope not a new team..sorry... no matter how much you Dice it

Edited by bakedtater1