Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Football Team vs Eagles Game Day Thread

2 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

How many games before Sims gets hit with one of those snaps heh but I did like all the presnap motion / misdirection at the snap.

It's not whether you get hit with the snap, it's the english the C puts on the ball and how it bounces.  (And one of those "hits" is going to be Sims in the wildcat.)

• Like 1

The new era is NOW.

That front 7 are going to dominate all year long. We have a coach that can actually coach. Haskins clearly benefitting from Alex Smith's wisdom. 

I don't expect us to be over .500 this season - I think given our obvious holes we're probably a 6-8 win team.... but make no mistake, we have bottomed out and are now in the ascendency. Give this team a few more weapons next year and we could be competitive with most teams in the league.

Having said that, the days of embarassing blowout losses are over. We'll give any team in the league a competitive game just because we have a Defense that is finally coherent and talented. I can't wait to see Zeke and Dak get their teeth kicked in by that DL.

• Like 8
3 minutes ago, GothSkinsFan said:

BTW, we did actually have a preseason game and we lost it 17-7 to the Eagles.  But, like Playboy calling the Team to win the Super Bowl after a winless preseason in '91, we rebounded to dominate our opponent (Philly again) 20-0. HTTT, HTRR

Ummmmm that was this Redskins not this new franchise. This was the first win in this franchises history today. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 team didn't make adjustments at halftime, 1 did. In the past, it's always been us who didnt make adjustments, and the 2nd half would always be a disaster. Can't tell you how refreshing it is to have competent coaches for once

definitely need to get more talent somehow on the offense though (o-line and playmakers)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
5 minutes ago, Destino said:

They were lured into a trap by Apke’s awful play early on.  They saw opportunity to throw deep, but it allowed our D line to tee off.  They got Wentz clobbered to the point where you could tell he was rattled.  

He’ll hear Washington’s footsteps in his sleep.  Man, our D left a mark on him.

1 minute ago, Hdf561 said:

Ummmmm that was this Redskins not this new franchise. This was the first win in this franchises history today. 

We're not an expansion team, friend. Just the same team, in the same city, with a new name

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
59 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Wish LVR would trade us Moreau on his rookie contract, Waller is the real deal for them

That would be great. I don't even care if we have to pay for it. lol. Maybe when the Browns know their season is done.

4 minutes ago, Hdf561 said:
8 minutes ago, GothSkinsFan said:

BTW, we did actually have a preseason game and we lost it 17-7 to the Eagles.  But, like Playboy calling the Team to win the Super Bowl after a winless preseason in '91, we rebounded to dominate our opponent (Philly again) 20-0. HTTT, HTRR

Not sure you got what I was getting at.  Today's first half was Team's preseason.  Second half was the real game.  😆

• Like 1

Newly minted captain Haskins seems to have lit a fire under his team at halftime while his coach had to take care of personal matters. Unreal circumstances but im glad the captain stepped up. I love it! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7