Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

College Football 2020

PleaseBlitz

Clemson and Ohio State have three early entrants combined: Lawrence, Carman, and Wade.  Michigan, Oregon, and Texas have four each, Georgia has five, and USC has six.  IMO this is an important part of why those programs can't get over the hump against the big 3 CFB programs--no stability.  Coaches always seem to be on the hot seat and the heart of their senior classes get lost every spring.  It's bad for the sport to have the same three teams running the show almost every year, but I have no idea how you fix things.

You start to fix the parity issue by expanding the playoff. The playoff has now been around for 7 years. That is 28 spots. Only 11 teams have ever been in, and 20 off the 28 spots have been taken by 4 schools. Those schools therefore get the best players, and therefore go to the playoff, and therefore get the best players, and therefore go to the playoff. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Forehead said:

Well, with Pat Freiermuth leaving for the NFL, the top three tights ends at Penn State next season have last names of Strange, Kuntz, and Johnson.  I'm not making this up.

At one point in high school I was dating a girl who's last name was Dicks.  My sister was dating a guy who's last name was Cox.  Our last name is Johnson.

6 minutes ago, daveakl said:

At one point in high school I was dating a girl who's last name was Dicks.  My sister was dating a guy who's last name was Cox.  Our last name is Johnson.

I dated a girl in college whose last name was Glass****.  She hated that name and could not wait to get married and lose it.  Just an in-general sentiment, she wasn't a stage five clinger or anything.  My last name isn't funny at all.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
3 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Anyone watching the national championship game?  Poor kid Williams from Alabama went off with a not so good looking non-contact knee injury.  3-3 low scoring game so far.

Expected score. Sec defenses are generally elite.  Bama down a lot of stars now on offense.  Gonna need some young WRs to step up. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1