Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Season's Injury Monitoring Thread (for WFT and opponents)

Malapropismic Depository

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Anybody heard anything about Inman?  We're so thin at WR, just having available bodies is important.

I'm sure I saw him on the sidelines against the Giants on Sunday, because I remember thinking who number 80 was. I may be wrong though.

<EDIT> No, I just checked, he was inactive. Was I really that drunk?

On 11/11/2020 at 11:49 AM, Voice_of_Reason said:

Anybody heard anything about Inman?  We're so thin at WR, just having available bodies is important.

On 11/11/2020 at 12:51 PM, London Kev said:

I'm sure I saw him on the sidelines against the Giants on Sunday, because I remember thinking who number 80 was. I may be wrong though.

<EDIT> No, I just checked, he was inactive. Was I really that drunk?

Inman is out with a Hammy...just like Gandy-Golden

5 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Matt Ionnaidis got placed on the COVID-19 list today. Team can’t practice at the facility this week 

4 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Was he there? He's on IR for the season, correct?

Yea he's on IR and expected to be gone for the season.

My guess is, since he had a torn bicep, maybe he initially came into the facility to do lower body work ? And now, due to covid, he can't come in at all, for a period of time ?

On 11/19/2020 at 12:33 AM, Mr. Sinister said:

Uh oh. Smith might wanna pack another leg.

It's a home game.  Any jokes about Alex's leg are a hard sell.  When I saw I saw him give that piggyback ride in his first outing I lost all injury concern.  Now he's just a slow moving target with a very accurate arm and Class A pre-snap intelligence. 

35 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

It's a home game.  Any jokes about Alex's leg are a hard sell.  When I saw I saw him give that piggyback ride in his first outing I lost all injury concern.  Now he's just a slow moving target with a very accurate arm and Class A pre-snap intelligence. 

Everybody has a gear bag, bud. Even for home games. But I feel you :cheers:

49 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

When I saw I saw him give that piggyback ride in his first outing I lost all injury concern. 

Right ? How many frail, skinny QB's that just recovered from a shattered broken leg and transplanted muscle  tissue, can say they "squatted Aaron Donald" ?

How many can say that, at all ?

Injury Report:

DNP: Dustin Hopkins

LIMITED: Deshazor Everett, Terry McLaurin, Cornelius Lucas and Ryan Anderson

FULL: Antonio Gibson, Danny Johnson, Dontrelle Inman and Jared Norris

So, just 48 hours before the game, and Hopkins did not practice at all.

Considering that, and the facts that he's had lingering injury issues as well as lingering kicking issues, that have already cost us games, we should absolutely get another kicker ready

On 11/24/2020 at 1:36 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

Injury Report:

DNP: Dustin Hopkins

LIMITED: Deshazor Everett, Terry McLaurin, Cornelius Lucas and Ryan Anderson

FULL: Antonio Gibson, Danny Johnson, Dontrelle Inman and Jared Norris

So, just 48 hours before the game, and Hopkins did not practice at all.

Considering that, and the facts that he's had lingering injury issues as well as lingering kicking issues, that have already cost us games, we should absolutely get another kicker ready

I agree re Hopkins... though not participating is probably to rest the lingering injury.  That’s my guess anyway.  

39 minutes ago, dyst said:

2 full years Love is sidelined. We “may” have to just close the book on this one.

I think part of what he's facing is the running back by committee is working. Barber, McKissic, and Gibson all seem to have a roll. I think the 'skins are happy with what they have. To get on the field Love would have to blow one of em out of the water. It's not about injury it's about the roster being complete without him.

5 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I think part of what he's facing is the running back by committee is working. Barber, McKissic, and Gibson all seem to have a roll. I think the 'skins are happy with what they have. To get on the field Love would have to blow one of em out of the water. It's not about injury it's about the roster being complete without him.

Why not put him on protected practice squad? That way we can see how he does in practice so we know going into next year if he’s healthy? 

6 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Why not put him on protected practice squad? That way we can see how he does in practice so we know going into next year if he’s healthy? 

I think you can only do that for two weeks and if you then do not promote him to the active roster someone can sign him off your practice squad. So if they believe that he can add value next season and there is no need to play him this year (our RBs have been really servicable) why risk that? Keep him on IR and see what he offers in training camp next year.

8 hours ago, Panninho said:

I think you can only do that for two weeks and if you then do not promote him to the active roster someone can sign him off your practice squad. So if they believe that he can add value next season and there is no need to play him this year (our RBs have been really servicable) why risk that? Keep him on IR and see what he offers in training camp next year.

Apparently his knee is still bothering him so it’s moot anyways.

This "injury report" on our upcoming opponent is unofficial, because it came from a member of the Steelers Fan Forum.

So, if you got an issue with it, take it up with Member ID "Juju Bean" over there ;)

Bud now joins Bush as gone for the season. Completely crushing to our D unfortunately. Hopefully Highsmith can step up.
Nelson was getting an MRI yesterday on his knee should have more information today.
Samuels was a projected limited participant yesterday so we will see his practice availability over the next few days.
Tuitt Pouncy Hawkins and Connor all remain on the Covid list. I’d assume Connor and Pouncy will definitely be out not so sure if Tuitt or Hawkins could be back.

Archived